1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things You Hate Buying For Your Dolls

Jun 23, 2018

1. Often I have bought nice looking outfits. The difficulty is to find fitting shoes for them. Same with socks. :doh

2. Just like most of the respondents :lol: the thing I hate the most is buying shoes, as I always can't guess the size. Worse than that might be just buying shoes and clothes for a doll with non-standard measurements and believe that it will fit. Such a naivety!
      It also annoys me to buy some wardrobe items that I could make myself, simply because I cannot find the same fabric as the product has.
      Wigs can be a big surprise and don't live up to expectations, but that just doesn't really bother me, because I kind of like collecting doll wigs.

3. Shoes! They're very expensive for something that only "might" work :doh

And unlike clothing or wigs, it's harder for me to make adjustments so that they fit.

4. Shoes definitely and fantasy clothing for my unoa hybrids. It’s just so frustrating and oftentimes expensive.

5. Anything! Money is so stressful, and i always get really bad buyers remorse right after i pay, even if i end up liking the thing in the end

6. the things i hate buying the most are usually the things that i'm actively trying to find - i absolutely loathe trying to find wigs when that's what i need to get, but really like impulse buying them when i'm trying to focus on clothing. i guess the solution is to buy things that i like without looking for specific things, but then i'd just end up with a really imbalanced doll wardrobe... there's no winning!

7. Accessories! Shoes! Wigs! Eyes!
      Dolls even, when you've worked out a plan or image in your mind for them, can reject what you had in mind completely.
      You dress them, set them up with all the bells and whistles, and isn't anywhere near the "image". If anything, the poor doll looks so upset. Then you just start over. The waste of money there and the need to rework and adjust, order new things....sigh.

8. Pants. Ugh. I don't know why, I just hate shopping for them.

9. I have trouble with wigs and shoes. I never know how well a wig will look till it's on them, and its a hit or miss situation. Shoes can easily be too big or small, I find good looking shoes, but then the size messes with me

10. WIG CAPS. SOCKS. SHOESSS.
      I especially hate buying socks for my dolls lol. Most of them are sockless (or wearing boring socks) and I will only get them if the outfit chosen calls for them (if they show). Same with shoes. Wig caps I especially hate because even though I need them it’s not like I can see them haha. Seems like a waste almost.

11. I am beginning to dislike buying wigs. I'm doing some window shopping for a sculpt I might buy and it's driving me nuts. Had bad experiences with two LeekesWorld wigs and now I'm very wary. Also, I'm terrible at matching a wig to a character to an outfit to a story to a. . . and so on and so forth.

12. Faceups make me REALLY nervous! ( ive had some bad expierences before sadly ) Wig caps and eye putty too! They are items that I would feel akward ordering by themselves so I usually tack them on at the end of an order but if i run out of putty and im not ordering anything.....theres my struggle : W:

13. WIGS! It's such a struggle to find wigs that will both fit and suit my dolls.

14. Found my latest peeve -- hats and jewelry! My timing is terrible -- always missing out on the really cute doll jewelry and hats makers put out. ;n; I think I could handle simple jewelry, though. Might browse Amazon for supplies. If you make the stuff yourself, at least the frustration of missing out is gone. (And replaced by "why am I not perfect at this the first time?" angst, hehe.)

15. For me it's 100% shoes.
      I hate shoe shopping for myself and finding cute doll shoes that are not made with animal materials is so hard that it carries over. :sigh

Another recent headache has been eyes.
      I really love the default Megu acrylics which should be fairly common and cheap since they came with all standard Megus but people just don't usually sell them apart from the doll and I've gone to several VOLKS locations around Japan (even Sato) to ask about them and have either been told that they were sold out in 20-22mm or finally that they no longer sell them.:doh
      Also, low-dome glass eyes for my SwD girl are a nightmare to find (the search continues)...

16. I feel this so hard... shoes have always been my least favorite thing to shop for and it's definitely carried over with doll shopping. I have a hard time matching them to outfits unless they're black or white! Also I had no idea that doll shoes were made out of animals... :aeyepop: I'm definitely going to be paying more attention to that in the future.

17. Right now putty... I'm side eyeing everything because I'm worried I'll somehow buy the wrong one and get gross resin :))

18. My bane is the shoes.... the wigs eh... but shoes are just a hassle.
      As well as the lingerie/underwear enough to make the boobs smooth without sanding them down.
      So ( bras ) as my banes.

19. Socks, accessories, the small stuff like that. I just feel like it’s a waste of time, but alas, I must do it.

20. Wigs. I feel like I can never tell what they're going to look like until I get them, and it's so difficult to find more modern hairstyles sometimes!! Plus, they're really expensive but sometimes you feel like you HAVE to buy it because the cheaper ones can look so bad sometimes!