1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things You Hate Buying For Your Dolls

Jun 23, 2018

1. All of my dolls are pear shaped, which means pants are a nightmare for me. I can't imagine what it'll be like shopping for my SummerbirdBJD Viola body when she comes in... Ugh :doh

2. Shoes are the worst because I'm cheap as heck and barely buy shoes for MYSELF unless they're under $15, so seeing shoes for more than that for my doll is like.... I could get myself some shoes..... T___T
      Unsurprisingly, as a result she only has 1 pair of simple black flats lol

3. For me it's just clothes and shoes in general. My doll is slim for a sd boy (very skinny) and most clothes labeled as 'sd' or '1/3' all look a bit baggy on him. I only got him one pair of shoes, but they look a little out of proportion on him. But, yeah. I hate trying to buy clothes for my bjd because they look a little sad on him. I see others talking about wigs, but by golly, wigs are so easy for me to find! I love looking at different wigs, it's fun! It makes the clothes experience a little better.

4. As a lot of others have said, shoes. Only one of my dolls have shoes because I just don't like buying them- plus they're so expensive! I can hardly justify spending more than 20$ on my own shoes, let alone shoes for my doll! :lol:

5. Same here! And they're too small for the next doll size up, so there's no salvaging them that way either.

6. I really dislike having to buy anything, mainly because I'm so impatient and post out to where I live can take ages.

But the one thing I struggle most with is shoes for my MSD. Seriously, her foot is 5.2cm long and shoes are always so big on her. To date, I haven't got even one set of shoes that would fit her properly. They are so expensive to buy, so I haven't bought any more yet, and the ones I did order have all been given to my SD girl.

7. All of it. I like styling them and want them to look cute but finding a wig that fits and looks good is annoying not to mention the time it takes to get here. The clothes are also dreadfuld since I want 75cm boys and those clothes are rare. I also hate buying eyes because it’s annoying waiting for them and I can’t find perfect pairs that aren’t preorders.

8. Wig caps here, some wigs just will not stay on without them (despite checking sizes) and I've found you either order in this country and pay silly postage for just a wig cap or have to order abroad and then have a longer wait and the annoyance of the wig constantly slipping off

9. Shoes and expensive wigs!! Even if they’re abdoluetly gorgous I have trouble justifying either

10. wigs or shoes!! i can never find shoes that fit right or go with enough of a dolls outfit. and wigs, wigs are a nightmare to get right i find; until i get the perfect wig for a doll ( because then that's generally it, once i've found one that fits their character but i have a girl who changes "dyes" her hair a lot so i plan on getting a load in the same cut but different colours )

11. Pretty much everything. Though I really don't like when I buy things for my dolls and it looks wrong. That's my biggest issue on buying things for my dolls

12. I hate buying wigs, because they never fit right unless they come from the same company that made the doll. Also, it seems like 85% of wigs have bangs and thin/scraggly ends, neither of which appeal to me. So, I usually just make my own wigs and pray they won't fall apart.

13. I was stuck between wigs and shoes mainly because of fitting, but at least I can use a wig cap if the wig is too big!

Shoes, on the other hand, are the bane of my dolly existence. Just like real life, folks can make skintight or loose shoes but all are advertised as minifee-size! I end up opting to keep some of my dolls bare-footed because I don't like to deal with the hassle.

14. For me mainly shoes, not only because of the fitting but also because I find it so difficult to find shoes in the size I want and that I like, and then on top of it whenever I find something that it's ok (not amazing but in a "will do" type way) they're too expensive for me. As others have said in this thread, I find it very unjustifiable to get some shoes for my doll that are double the price of something I would buy for myself, especially when they're pretty plain looking (like some flats or something), so all my dolls share the few shoes I have...
      I also like whenever possible to buy second hand so finding something I like becomes more difficult even. And also related, I would prefer to buy eyes second hand but it's always nearly impossible to find many eyes advertised that are 12mm and under, and then even when I finally decide to buy from the company and I order a few pairs I always, like always, get at least two pairs that don't look like the official photos, usually one of the pairs is passable, the other just simply is too different so I end up having to get some other eyes, and the cycle repeats.

15. While most stuff I can find works for my crew or will for someone in time, wigs are the worst. They never look right on my guy's head. To fluffy or to long, or worst the color wasn't close to what my monitor shows. Plus wigs aren't cheap so even reselling is a pain.

16. I have had fairly good luck with the shoes. Wigs on the other hand, I have too many. Two of my dolls have gone through three wigs each to find suitable ones. I knew the color approximately and could never get the dome ratio to fit right or worse the wig quality bothered me. Unfortunately those things aren't always able to be checked until it's in hand.

17. I feel the exact same way... It's such a bad feeling T_T

18. Shoes and pants
      Especially since I can’t make shoes myself. I ordered a Dollshe 16F doll who has 18.2 cm feet, and even though she comes with flat and heeled foot options, her feet seem to be bigger than most SD shoe options.

I wish there was a directory of which shoes fit which sculpts, but I realize that’s a huge task.

19. For me it definitely has to be shoes as well. I just have a hard time getting excited enough about a pair of shoes to purchase them often, at least compared to things like wigs, dresses or various other garments.

20. Clothes in general. I’m so picky and I won’t settle for less!