1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

This going too far? [ Dollfie robot? ]

Dec 7, 2009

1. .......

That's freaking amazing! That went -straight- into my favorites.
      I'd definetly buy something like that!

2. 00:48, lolita in background! ^^;; Sorry, anyway, I think it's pretty cool. The movement is really nice in the arms. I would definately still call her a BJD.

While I think it's nice for the owner I don't know if I'd want my dolls to be able to do that. Unless done really well, the lack of realistic movement would make them too... doll-like for me (I know, they ARE dolls, but my imagination makes them to be more lively and realistic). They'd have to be extra realistic, or else they'd remind me of a kid's toy.

3. I showed my freind the vid and he came back to me 2 minutes late with "It's awsome now that I'm playing it with the Freebird guitar solo going". I cannot find fault in his logic, it has made my day.

4. This isn't a dollfie really- at least according to the comments under it- it's some sort of 'femme bot' modded to have a dollfie head and hands.... you can tell by the knees as well, the joints look all wrong for a BJD under the socks.

Still, it's pretty cute, and I love that it holds the guitar so naturally looking! ^__^

5. That is so awesome! ^^ I did consider doing this, (my husband is into robotics and stuff, he knows how to do this) but the idea kind of died off. I'm glad somebody made it happen. Though now that i know it can be done... hehehehe ]:->

6. i totally agree. I love my dolls and also have several robots, and the idea of combining the two is awesome! Trouble is, the technology is not advanced enough for it to work without radically changing the look of the doll. Maybe in the future. I'd be the first in line to buy!

7. That looks so cool!

XD

8. WOW!!!thats so kl but it scares me when it stops moving...i couldnt ever haveone cos id probubly convince my self it'd kill me in my sleep lol

9. I'm not sure if anyone has said this, but I was reading the comments and some said it was a Femsapien Humanoid Robot, modded to have a Dollfie dream head and hands. I think it was really cool, and if they could make it slender and moving less like a robot then that would make it closer to Angelic Layer, and I LOVE angelic layer. -clears throat-tehehe. at first I thought it looked very strange, since you don't see that often, but while I kept watching I thought it was really smart and fun. XD I wouldn't have a problem if my crew becomes like Toy Soldier (the good ones XD) or like Angelic layer.

10. That was awsome! It had a remote though.

11. This is why I love the Japanese! This kind of thing would never had occurred to me, but I like it! For some reason it's making me think of Blade Runner just a little bit.

12. I guess it would freak me out if she was doing that walk across my room at night...with a knife in her hand or something :XD:

13. Seriously cool! I want one!:aheartbea

14. i saw this on you tube the other day~! i loooove it~! i think its seriously amaazing XD
      i'd love to learn how to remote control my dollfie around XDD
      my brothers into robots and stuff i gotta make him teach me how to do this <33

15. Thats really awesome! I personally would love to have a doll that could do that!

16. That is actually exactly what I was thinking! Angelic Layer is definitely a favorite anime for me, and so to see this all I could think was "AWESOME!" Because no lie, I really want to do a cosplay from Angelic Layer with me and my MNF. ^_^
      I can understand how a lot of people would be weirded out or find it creepy, though. At one point I would have been right along with you. However, having gotten into BJDs, I just find myself really excited about this - I want! That's for sure!

17. Well since she is a customized Femisapien she's really NOT a BJD anymore; there are no ball joints anywhere in that little robot.

18. True, she is much more robot than doll. But at the same time, mechanics and such are getting much smaller, and who knows? Before we know it we may be seeing mechanics small enough to be put into BJDs to make them move in a similar manner. Though I can imagine that would make such a doll off-topic for DoA - rightly so, I think, at least.
      And I think I lost where I was going with this thought...

19. wah! i was thinking angelic layer also XD i read the manga and it was so cute <333
      i want a doll like that! and it looks like my dream isn't to far off! *o*