1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

This going too far? [ Dollfie robot? ]

Dec 7, 2009

1. Cool! Wish I could get mine to do that!

2. I personally would love to see a robot balljoint doll- if my Ofelia could wake me up in the morning with a "hello? Are you awake?", I'd be thrilled- moreso if she could move about.

3. I don't mind, though the movements....*shudders*...i can see where this might destroy the stringing....

But i don't think its an issue. It is cool, though i don't think i would buy one ^^;;; i think my mum would go nuts *laughs*

4. i agree with what some people are saying. its innovative and neat that someone actually did this, but i wouldnt personally own one and like my dolls as they are. i like being able to move them and pose them myself, and they are already "real" enough to me without any fancy movement ^^; i think adding even more movement to them would kind creep me out. xD

5. I think it's cool, but i wouldn't wanna have one for myself.. :)
      I like that my dolls are dolls and don't move :)

6. I love it. It would be a different thing than my regular BJDs, but I would love to have one to torture my friends and my dog with. My friends and family already find the dolls creepy. Imagine if you could have the doll sitting there, and your wigged-out friend goes up to look at it, and suddenly it turns its head to look at the friend.
      Priceless........
      OT but I'd also love to own a femisapian.

7. I like it, as in, I like it if someone else has it and shows it to me.
      But I don't like it enough to own one myself...
      I tend to find moving 'toys' rather boring. They're fun for about 5 minutes...:|
      I guess I'm just old-fashioned like that. :sweat

8. See, to me it is debatable whether she should even be considered a BJD or not. Regardless of what anime and science fiction persists to tell us all, a doll is not a robot. You will see a lot of robot/science fiction anime referring to the cyborg/robotic characters as "dolls" or "living dolls". Probably because of the affectionate/sexual connotations behind the term "doll" and the fact the the robotic characters are almost always beautiful females (Chobits, Angelic Layer, etc.) who are able to interact with and even form relationships with humans.

But, as far as I know, though that doll most definitely resembles a Volks BJD or something similar, she is no longer ball-jointed. She is fitted with micro-chips, wires, and what-not. I don't know the extent of customization that's gone in to her, but to me...a doll is something that has been around for ages and does NOT move unless it's owner holds and plays with it. Dolls are meant to be stationary and when they aren't, they are either a robot, or automaton. There is the "laws of robotics" and then there are the principles that make an object a "doll".

I, personally would like to keep my dolls out of the realm of electronics, no matter how fascinating it has proved to be. Particularly for people of our generation. I like the "old fashioned" feel of my dolls. I like that their lack of independent movement leaves more to my imagination. The fact that they will never move or respond without human intervention and yet we bond so deeply with them is what captivates so many doll owners and is consequently what drives a lot of people to create human shaped robots, I think.

Don't get me wrong though, she is really amazing. I just don't want this to happen to ALL Bjd.

9. It's really a kick, I loved watching her. Looks like the legs have been modified somehow, though, they are way too thick below the knees. Whatever had to be done to make her stand solidly and wiggle might have turned her into an un-dolfie...

10. Wonderful, I discussed with friends before sometimes, moving bjd or robot. and then become real.

11. It's really creative!! I really like that!!:)

12. Not a Dollfie Dream, this is a Volks SD School B head. And I suspect the hands are Volks SD hands as well. There are no other doll parts...everything else is the robot. It would not have been let into the Dollpa had it not been Volks-based.

BTW the Black Eyed Peas song "Boom Boom Pow" works nicely with the doll's dance.

13. Looks like I might have a modding project in my future, then. Obitsu head and hands plus Femisapien body = teh awesome. I might leave the bod as-is, actually...it looks a lot like a plug suit.

14. I think that is CRAZY awesome XD XD
      I wouldn't do it myself, personally, but I think it's awesome, and mad props to anyone who does :D

15. well, I don't find it creepy at all since I kinda like robots; but it would be unnecessary if all you want is only a simple doll.

16. I agree with the people who said that the novelty of mechanical dolls wears off really quickly. I wouldn't like added mechanical features to become common in ball-jointed dolls. But that remote control robot/doll hybrid is still pretty neat.

17. I think the modifications the owner put into making this robot are great! But yeah, I don't think you can consider her a "doll" anymore. I would actually really love a cute little robot like that but I would consider it a completely different thing from my dolls. I like my dolls inanimate and without AI. XD

18. Well, I didn't put "Boom Boom Pow" behind this song, I opted for the German-language version of Kraftwerk's "We Are The Robots" instead. And I paired the Volksbot up with another dancing schoolgirl robo. They may no longer be dolls but they are plenty cool. And I'm dead serious about doing an Obitsu-bot of my own. Linky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujRe-QBaESs

19. I don't think it's "going too far", but it's not something I find personally appealing either. To each their own, and all that, I guess.

20. It's a Dollfie head on a modified Robofie body, isn't it? :D Those Volks people just knock me out. And those clever hobbyists. Disguising the square legs with those fashionably shapeless legwarmers. Very very cool. I wouldn't want one myself, but I love seeing what people come up with.

I like the little guitar-slingin' lolita.... although I would have made her play Slayer....