1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on a guy doll having breasts?

Dec 12, 2010

1. FTM means a boy born into the body of a girl who identifies as male. So yes, It would be great if one day that character can finally have the body they perceive as their own

Trangender/FTM/MTF are not kinds of genders, they are medical conditions for people whose bodies are wrong as they perceive them. A person can be in a FTM or MTF state but that isn't how they think of themselves. The FTM is a boy. The MTF is a girl. There are people who have no gender at all or feel connected to both genders but that is something else entirely. Transgendered people don't like themselves the way they are by definition and go out of their way to do things that make themselves feel right.
      :D Micchi I'm so glad the dolls help you in this way and that you enjoy them so much, please continue to explore your characters, they sound wonderful.

Lelite, portraying transgendered people in the way you mentioned is necessary, and I'm glad you mentioned it. Yes characters like that should exist, but only as long as they come about through deliberate intention, because a half-assed transgender character may actually be worse than no trans characters at all. ^^ but when done right I'd be very proud of any such character and happy to have seen them. Also good point with the gay characters, noticed it but never knew how to explain how weird it was that almost every boy doll is gay, at least sexuality is considerably more flexible than gender identity.

2. The point of having these dolls is to customize them (with proper materials of course). So, who cares if an individual wants to have a male doll with breasts. There are too many people who are concerned with what others do with their dolls, in my opinion.

3. Whatever anyone wants to do with their doll, no matter how strange, is their business. Nothing wrong with it, really.

4. well, personally speaking, if their doll was transgendered then its okay. Their dolls so whatever they want to do with them is fine. Dollfies are a reflection of humanity and in the human race we have lots of things that transcend our own gender roles and biological genders. Its not too far fetched to think that our dolls could represent the same things. Gender is something that is bent a lot in our societies and is something that is taboo among many circles.

Also, personally speaking, I don't think I would make one of my dolls trans; if they're male I want to give them a male body without having to have something to cover up. There's plenty of bodies with different companies that are androgynous without breasts

5. I understand what you're trying to say. You're saying you don't like seeing transgendered/gay/whatever dolls if it's part of a fad, right?

My question to you is: why does it matter?

1. These characters are imaginary.
      2. The dolls they inhabit aren't alive, so they can't feel shame or understand societal perceptions.
      3. Neither the dolls nor the characters belong to you.

6. But if it's a character it grew from and is connected to the mind of it's owner. It might not have the same feelings that you or someone else might have. That's the beauty of fictional characters. The only thing that really matters with fictional characters is that the owner/creator is happy with the result meaning the character is true to the way the owner wrote it.

It's obvious from your replies that this is an issue that is very important to you, but also remember that the bodies being modded, or not modded, or whatever are dolls and not human bodies. Their characters where given to them by their owners and are not suffering in the way a human will suffer (unless of course the character's story involves that, but it doesn't have to). Bringing serious real world issues and trying to apply them to dolls and their owners doesn't always work so well -- ultimately this is a very creative hobby in which a lot of people push boundaries and let their imaginations guide them, and fantasy can play a strong role. Not everyone is interested in creating everything true to life, and there's nothing wrong with that -- they have their own fictional worlds to explore. If they are interested in being more realistic, then that's great too -- to each his own, but it's not and should not be a prerequisite.

7. I would also point out that sometimes even in fiction portraying the struggle is important. Portraying a character who is struggling with his/her identity has value, in and of itself. And as is pointed out, that struggle can be portrayed by fictional characters and resin dolls, so we can see how rough that situation can be without having to meet a real someone in that situation and make them tell their story to us.

8. Not to sound rude when I say this, but personally I couldn't care less if someone had a boy character on a girl doll body (with or without any mods done to it). As others have said, there could be a number of reasons why someone might shell their boy characters in a girl doll body. But most important of all to me is that it's their doll, therefore they can do whatever they want with it. While it may initially make me raise a brow if someone tells me their doll is a boy (but it's obviously on a girl's body, with boobs and all still present), I think the most I'd do is be curious as to why it's not on a boy body and I might ask if the doll owner happens to be someone I know. If it was a doll owner that I don't know, I'd just politely keep the thought to myself just as I do when I come across some doll mod or face up that isn't to my personal tastes. I wouldn't be disgusted about it, nor would I ever dissuade anyone from purposely getting a girl body for their boy dolls/characters.

9. isnt that like that futa thing? where its basically a male with breasts, but everyone says its a girl with a...You know. xD;

i guess the girl body on a male doll thing would bug me.

10. Futanari you mean? No, a futanari is basically a woman with a penis instead of a clitoris.

11. Transsexual dolls? lol
      I respect other people chooses on dolls, but for my collection it would be impossible.
      Even an androgynous doll is to much scary for me...

12. Males, by definition, do not have female breasts. However, recently the tendency is to name, assign or identify anything as however you want or really feel, so it's not as if definition really matters much. Besides, it's a doll. Do whatever the heck you want.

13. There's nothing wrong with what you are suggesting. I have no qualms with people switching up their genders and neither do I have a problem with dolls in the same situation. In fact, I may end up getting a MDD and turning it into a male because I would love a boy DD, but they do not exist.

14. I don't see a problem with this at all. One of my boys is transgendered and while he's on a male body right now, I've certainly considered buying him a female body and sanding off the genitals. Similarly, I want a Narsha but cannot decide on a gender so I'm likely going to buy a female body and make the doll gender queer or transgendered. Probably MTF since my current boy is FTM and I'd love my Narsha to get to wear skirt and dresses.

A recurring issue in this thread seems to be transgendered vs cross-dressing, and there is a huge difference between these two. While I don't know what dolls specifically the OP is referring to and what the owner of those dolls has it mind, a boy on a female body is a different person entirely from a crossdresser or one who likes to crossdress. For tinies, I don't think the gender of the doll matters at all. For SDs and some MSDs, yes, it's playing an interesting game with viewers who are from all walks of life. Some of those viewers, as seen throughout the thread, don't even understand why any boy would want to put on a dress. The owners of the dolls shouldn't have to worry about anyone disrespecting their doll for having a life that isn't heteronormative, particularly when so many dolls around here are androgynous elves and soft-faced boys.

Personally, I love playing with gender. I would love to come across some boy dolls on female bodies! I'd love to see what the owners do with it. I notice the OP has some very androgynous dolls that seem to be boys wearing female clothing, which makes this discussion all the more interesting and definitely highlights the transgendered vs cross-dressing problem that seems to be going on in the thread.

I'm not trying to start a fight. Try not putting such an emphasis on gender rules and standards? One of the most heart-breaking things I've ever heard was a group of college kids speaking rather respectfully of a transgendered boy but still using female pronouns.

15. I have few male dolls which are supposed to have curvy features. So they have a girl body which is supposed to be modded from the breast area. ( I haven't get to that part yet because I lack of supplies...One doll is already modded from the breast area. )The genital area doens't really matter to me, and I don't feel like modding that area at all.
      I guess it's just part of my style in art. I have always drawn boys with wider hips and curvier body, but I do have male characters with male features, and I do have girl characters and dolls with the features they are suppose to have. :3

16. There are a lot of different people in the world and there are a lot of different styles/images/visions of what makes a gender and what not.
      I think it's perfectly fine to use a female body for a male character if it helps depict the image the owner wants to achieve. Just like Marilyn Manson had breast implants at one time to make a statement (Not a fan of his, but I've seen it).

17. Danny0709 , I'm not sure what definition you're going by, but this really isn't the case. Transgendered people simply identify as a gender that is different than that which was assigned at birth. Specifically, transsexual people have issues of sexed embodiment (an incongruence between physical sex and their body mapping), so perhaps that's what you were thinking of? But the thing is, not everyone who is trans has a problem with their sexed body! That's why saying that "There is absolutely nothing cool about an FTM body." is kind of upsetting:/ Some trans men are ok with having a female body, or a body that embodies both male and female sexed characteristics. And trans bodies can be just as beautiful as cisgendered bodies:3

An owner might have a male-identified doll on a female body because that character is in a process of transition. Or because (in that character's world) the technology isn't available for them to change their bodies. Or maybe that character has a male gender identity, but doesn't need to have a male sexed body.

Everybody's relationship with their bodies is different. I have one doll who is female but has a male body. For her, she was born with a male body but (socialization be damned) she identifies as a women. Yet she's ok with the body she has and doesn't need to change it just to prove to other people that she's female. On the other hand, I have another character who was born into a male body but experienced an extreme incongruence with it from an early age. Her brain was wired for a differently sexed body (so technically she's what we would consider transsexual, although she's a Dryad and in her culture different terms are used). Anyways, in her case, she had to medically alter her body in order to alleviate her discomfort (for this character, I've put her on a female body).

Oh, and I agree with Stella Maris - there's nothing wrong with creating a doll that embodies a fetish~_^ Also, futanari are a whole separate (and purely fantastical) thing from trans people. I really don't think anyone was trying to equate the two though.

To answer the OP: No, obviously this wouldn't bother me at all because, as some have already mentioned, sex and gender are different things. Also, some men really do have, or have had, female bodies (trans men!) so why shouldn't dolls reflect the variety of humans out there? Dolls would be awfully dull if we just kept replicating Barbie and Ken, but the reason why I love the BJD world so much is that we really don't:aheartbea

18. Lydia,

You are completely right. Sex and Gender are two very different things. The best part about BJD is that they can be anything we want them to be. I may have in intersex doll someday.

19. I love this point.

There's also the issue of crossdressing causing or exacerbating gender identity issues, but that's a whole different debate topic. A fascinating one, but a different one. XD

20. I posted earlier about a friend I had how was an in-between person all of her life. I think I want an Eddie Izzard doll now.