1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tinies - variations in age? Anyone collect just tinies?

Sep 24, 2017

1. My stories evolve as new dolls come in. I let the doll give me inspiration to their name to their personality. :D

2. I have a few tinies. Some of my OT dolls (Ai Dolls, Obitsu) The Obitsu Crew very in age. We have the 20 year old lovers that are my first doll Haruka and her man Kaname, Haruka's younger brother Riven and his friend Yuichi. Then I have Haruka's youngest sibling Haruhi. Then I have my Ai-Doll twins. The twins are Borrowers like The Secret World of Arietty so I've never confirmed their ages.

But my On Topic Dolls, only one of my Yo-SD's is a teenager and that is Vala. In reality her and my other Yo-SD's story intertwine because their from the same world but their circumstances are different.

Vala is 17 years old. She's a young adult as opposed to being a little girl. She was initially meant to be a ResinSoul Mei but the Mei sculpt didn't have the same amount of fiestiness that the Bei sculpt holds. Vala when I first got her however, didn't have her story in the works so I wound up just dressing her like the other girls - girly attire, girly everything.

Now that her story has begun and I've messed with her character, the girly girl clothes just... Don't look right on her anymore. I recently made her a skirt and it didn't go well with the shirt I made her so I grabbed some jeans I had from awhile back and it was her outfit.

[​IMG]

It really is all in the attire. If you want a tiny to be an adult, dress them like their age. If you want them to be a child, dress them like a child.

3. @astromayhem - I never really thought about that, to be honest. It does make it easier to make clothes for them, though.

4. I collect 1/12 scale tinies. Mine are 7-17cm - most are a realistic proportioned group of adults and children, then I also have two that are kids with oversized heads.

I’m into miniatures and renovating a dollhouse, so it’s a lot of fun to bring the two hobbies together.

5. I collect mostly tinies as I’ve always preferred this size. I have quite a few anthros and fairy folk.

6. A couple of years ago I decided to collect only YoSD size, and only those that matched/fit the aesthetic of the fantasy Soom dolls I already had. So basically... I’m committed to collecting only Doom Teenie Gems (but a few Luts Honey Delfs have tempted me.)

Because of their fantasy parts, they have limited posing capabilities. But I had already accepted that because I just love the way they look so much! It’s also easier to collect doll clothing when they’re all the same size/company. Before then I had DZ YoSD too, so some clothing was too big for my TGs or too casual.

Having fantasy aspects also helps me think of them as immortal, ageless spirits with youthful faces instead of actual children.

7. I originally intended for Billy to be more a chibi hobbit-like figure in my dolls' stories, because I wasn't interested in child characters, and while I never wound up doing those kinds of photostories with him, I don't think of him as a child even when I wind up taking cuter, more childlike photos with him. More like he's a very versatile little actor who can play young when I happen to have props/costume pieces that would make for a good kid photoshoot.

(He's a little too stylistically different, to use for D&D inspired photostories with my D&D character doll... but I might still work something out that lets him shine as a non-child tiny)

8. I've never had any issues with my tinies when it comes to posing to be honest. They all pose quite well if you take the necessary things into account. On smaller tinies for instance thick clothing can make it difficult for them to move their limbs to their full capacity. Otherwise they're doing great.

In one of my made-up alternate universes humans age very slowly physically so you often get stuck with adult characters in (very) young bodies. It's not too hard to portray that on some tinies. Smaller eyes, proper wigs and adjusted clothing can make them look like a miniature version of an adult at times. Just steer clear of the cutesy ribbons, bows, lace, pastels, baby prints, etc... Although I'm sure you can succeed even when you do that right.

Tinies are just my favorites because frankly I have no use for any adult features on a doll. They get in the way of cute clothing. :blush

9. I love tinies! They’re so much easier to take out and about, and that’s one of the main niches BJDs fill in my doll collection. I’m not really into child dolls, so it can sometimes get frustrating trying to find mature tinies with mature faces. Too many dolls with Jessica Rabbit bodies and 5-year-old heads.

I recently sold an MYOU Bettina and I have a Lillycat Chibbi Lana incoming (“one in, one out” rule). Bettina is really great if you want a very non-stylized mature tiny, and she’s not a scaled-down version of any other doll.

10. I have my mature tiny, DollLeaves Laura, now and plan to get more in that scale around 1/8 to 1/10. I'm looking into getting a DollZone Ivana (or one of the other special body DZ dolls) now as a companion to my Laura.

I really prefer mature/adult dolls but love small things like yosd size dolls but so many only come in child sculpts. Eventually I might get a child doll, like I love the Littlefee elf Ante, as she would look cute among my MSD planned dolls, but that's probably the only true "yosd" doll I would have.

I will say, I'm super fascinated by the 1/12 and 1/24 scale mature/adult BJDs I've seen floating around as well. I'm solely tempted but know they would be such a pain to style and accessorize with just how tiny they are.

11. I cant answer by myself, but my mom only collects tinies.
      She already knew my dolls and likes them (she loves my yosds the most), but she only got herself tinies, because they are the cutest. Also, she doesn`t want to spend too much money on doll. She now owns 5 cats and one monkey. She got her more expensive dolls from me as a present.

I will ask her about the poseabilty when more of her dolls arrive (at the moment, only two are here and they dont have a face up, so she doesnt do much with them)

12. My only Tiny...and BJD is a Roono Yumi ~~ She is 26 cm and shaped like a 12 - 13 y/o

13. I'm not sure if it is technically the type of mature that is being asked for here, but I have a Dream High Studio Alfredo currently on order. He is basically a little old man. I cannot wait for him to show up. Other than that I know that Dream High Studio has some other old person sculpts. They are really amazingly detailed. They are around 14cm I believe.

14. It’s a pity dz discontinued Ivana and other fairy line. My Arwen I have found on secondhand market by lucky chance.

My collection contains only tiny dolls. The biggest is dz yosd (little rain), more like teenager than child. Dz Arwen looks very mature. Nothing childish in her appearance. They are decent posers.
      Also I’m waiting Doll Leaves Laura and Dream Valley Calley with human torso. I choose them because of their small size and more mature appearance.
      My best posers are luts tiny centaur and realpuki. I adore rp flexible joints. They just awesome. Luts are great poser too. While rp flexible, but can be kicky the luts stands in pretty big variety of poses.
      Gelliafu studio have very tiny dolls 2-4cm, but surprisingly nimble.
      All lati dolls are children and I’m not big fond of their mechanics.

15. Cloversinging had a few in stock recently, and he still has a few of that line's bodies for sale on his ebay store.

16. I only own tinies, though I'm tempted to venture into minis - honestly a big factor for me is just sharing clothing! I don't like the idea of having a million different sizes of dolls and needing separate wardrobes for all of them lol. I have two luts baby delfs and they have great double joints, I love how they pose.