1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny problem / disease?

Feb 12, 2008

1. they are like potato chips, you can't have just one... I thought maybe I would order just one bobobie tiny.... might end up with three more tinies.....

2. Or chocolate mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
      you cant just have one square ..you have to have the whole block ...mmmhhhhhh
      dreaming of Chocolate and tiny resin
      (my husband bet me I couldnt go a month without eating Chocolate or buying a TINY !!)

OH cruel cruel world ...HA didnt say anything about LARGE ...my last large EVER ..PROMISE.. DollsTown Seola) ...Insane cackle !
      or swapping :)

3. i Just joined in with the tiny disease. I thought I wanted a MSD sized doll...but that being a little out of my affordablity right now, I was thinking about tinies...and wouldn't you know...I caved and switched my layaway to a Bobobie Erin! She'll be my first resin and she should be here tomorrow!

4. Well, don't forget to post pictures when she gets home!!! Gosh, I've misplaced my camera, and I NEED it!!! Grrrr.

Ingie
      P.S. let me know if you need a place to host pics, I can always stick 'em on my site :D

5. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I bought my first BJD, a Goodreau Secret, on layaway last June. I regreted spending the money, but since she was on layaway, it didn't seem like I had really spent the money. Plus, she really didn't seem like a "real" BJD. More like I was just buying another vinyl doll from a doll shop....although a much more expensive one.

Then at the end of August, I had a friend who asked me to look at a list she had of BJDs she wanted. I thought she was crazy. I would never buy "one of those". Too expensive and too weird. Well, all it took was looking at the Custom House site, for her of course, and I fell hard for Choa. I looked on ebay, just out of curiosity, because I would never spend that much on a doll, and fell even harder for my Haute Doll Choa. I got Choa first, but I think of Secret as my first BJD since I bought her first.

I fully understand the point that you really shouldn't be buying more because of financial reasons. However, that hasn't stopped me from getting more. I got a DIM Elena (MSD) for Christmas (I didn't feel guilty since I technically didn't buy her :D). Then a friend offered me her Elfdoll Hana Angel. Well, Hana had to come here. Then at IDEX I feel hard for the new Creedy BJD Uniti and had to pre-order her and now I am looking at getting a Souldoll Apple! I keep telling myself it is okay as long as they are all different sizes....well most of them anyway. I think the best thing though if you really can't buy another is to stay away from ebay, the online doll shops, and the marketplace here and just stay in the sewing catagory here, lol!

6. I know EXACTLY what you mean. Id wanted a tiny bjd for ages, but couldnt quite justify the money... until my birthday, when i finally bought the banji id been lusting after. And then, the next day, i bought a lucy as well.... and im in the process of trying to secure a coco from tinybear... and only supreme self control has stopped me ordering another 3! :sweat

After a while at looking at them the price seems actually quite low, after looking at the prices of the bigger dolls... and once i have one, it seems really easy to justify buying more because theyre cheaper than my first :sweat

7. Don't worry, Ingie! Tinies are small, all their stuff is small, they just take up an itty bitty space - you can have lots and lots! ;) At least, that's what I told myself, and now both my tinies have their own condos, while my poor big kids only have a couch!

8. My ultimate justification of tiny fever? "Well, the clothing is much less expensive than that for the big girls..so I can get more for my money..plus, my room is much more suited to fit small things". I've even come up with the perfect justification for a puki, for when I get the chance to order. "Afterall, it's not like the clothing will be difficult. They wear Kelly clothing. I kept all of my barbies, and their clothing, which means a puki would already have a full closet of clothing when it got here. All it would need would be wigs and eyes." Thankfully my yo is keeping me busy, buying her new wigs, eyes, clothing, props. I have a craving to just buy stuff for her. Including friends. She looks lonely sitting by herself. Definately calls for a friend. ..Wonder how much my tax return will be...

9. I must admit that there is a BIT of comfort in reading these notes...I am not alone....not that this JUSTIFIES the money I am spending on my fetish of tinies!!!
      Each time a get a new little cutie...I tell myself that I have all I want or need....I'm okay with this...after all...enough is enough....SIGH....then I see a new adorable tiny. I try to ignore it, but I keep thinking about it...dream about it.SO...then....darn...I order it....and the drama continues....and repeats itself....over and over.
      Now, I have all sizes of bjds...SDs, MSDs..small...tiny...I swore I would not do this three years ago when I fell for my first one...a Custom House Gabriel...
      And I too seem to need "friends" for the bjds I buy....after all...I was an only child myself for ten years....wouldn't want my poor dolls to endure that same loneliness.... ( Ah...is now the time to mention that my husband and I have raised nine children?)
      ANYWAY...tinies are just too darn cute!!! I have no realistic justification for my addiction....I just want them....and as my husband said...at least we don't have to put braces on their teeth or send them to college...or pay for their wedding!

10. Big hugs to everyone here, I'm grinning and nodding over every word you say. I've caught the bug too. Tinies are just too adorable to ignore and I can always sneak them in from my unsuspecting hubby.

11. *raises hand*

Another one that meant to have just one! But she looked so lonely, and then I saw how cute they were together, so how cute would three of them be?

Am now looking for second job.;)

12. <giggles>

Yup, what else can I say, hee hee hee.
      Ingie

13. You know I just have my first tiny bjd, and I am bitten....resistance is futile.

14. I have 16 tiny dolls, most of them under 6 inches tall, and I will probably buy a few more. I love my big ones too, but available space and money forces me to think long and hard before adding a big doll. Tiny dolls, however, don't take too big a bite out of my budget and can be tucked away in a dollhouse or shelf. Besides, I have always believed in fairies and see no reason to stop now.

15. I went from wanting1 tinies, to having 1 i'm waiting for and 2 more on my want list! I'm considering selling up some of my other collection stuff just to buy more tinies. hehehehe

16. My name is Stephanie and I have a Big Tiny Problem.

It all started when DraconicMaiden got Miu...then Sakura...then she didn't want Sakura anymore and I felt bad for the poor gal so I bought her...

Then I got a Baha...and all resistance is futile...and you're right they are easy on the arthritis!!! I bring them to the Dr. with me :)

But now...I'm planning for my PpoPpo...then a Moona...then Isabella or March...or a Pukisha...etc etc.

Poor Sadako :( I've been getting evil thoughts of selling her...and she's looking so innocent...she has no clue...and she was my first BJD ever...so I can't let her go!!!!!!!!!!

But arrrrrrrrrrgh they're so little and cute!!!!

17. Hi, I am a complete newbie here and am waiting impatiently for my Mindelre to arive I know she is in the country (according to USPS track and trace). I am telling myself I will only have one, but having read this thread I am guessing it will be impossible to stick to this self imposed rule, in fact if she really needed a friend Bong would be most welcome......... Thank you Tinybear for suggesting this forum, I have so enjoyed all the tiny eye-candy!

18. Well I must say that I never planned for only one. However I was going to space them out by months and months. Well I have two already and one on hold for me, And I only ordered the first ones two months ago. I am also lusting after 4 more looking at my wish list.

19. Oh my lord have mercy on me, I started this thread in February, less than 3 months ago! At that point I only had Adel on layaway and Ryung ordered. Since then, all heck broke loose! I have a BonBon from TB's Sleeping Elf! Then a wonderful person donated her puki pipi hybrid to me, oh my she is cute!! and THEN I couldn't stop myself, Tinybear had a Moona and Bracken in dark tan that I couldn't resist, so I put them on layaway with the green Coco I've been pining after (they're still on layaway) THEN Elfdoll comes out with Kai, I .... I ... have no excuse, she is on layaway, and THEN a Hana Devil said "Please take me home??!!" and so she came home (still have to take pictures) and Then again, There was a Braken on DoA's market place, and Adel saw him... all thoughts of a Banji boyfriend dissapeared, she wanted Bracken for breakfast, oh dear!!! I've been told Braken can hold his own against a spritely Adel, so he is on his way home and Finally, I just got in under the wire and got the Banji tan boy, last one! The one I originally wanted for Adel! Now he'll be here before Kai, but that's ok, make the men wait now, LOL.

Oh gosh I'm a sicko, and I need a cure soon! HELP ME!

20. I'm afraid there is no cure. Not that I've found. I gave up trying to fight it long ago. It's been almost a year since I ordered any doll that wasn't a tiny or a Yo size. Scary.