1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny problem / disease?

Feb 12, 2008

1. I keep trying to get a large doll, and I keep selling them to get more tinies. so I think I've got this disease too...

It seems nothing larger than an MSD (and even then, MSDs have a hard time sticking around) stay at my house, while the tinies have been here quite some time.

2. Well for me, it's got to stop. I have to figure out how to make my payments! So I think this wil be IT! I am going to focus on making a fantastic doll house for them now. Maybe modify their look, hair etc... but no more new ones!!!! I'm serious this time! no no no!

3. I blame Carrie :) She's created the next Big Plague...Succumb to the Tinies!!!

4. Oh c^&% I forgot the mischief Carrie just created in Blythe size!!! Oh gosh, sugar mag, Oh gosh, no... no.... forget it, my will just will never be that strong....

5. Hence why I blame it all on her :D

6. Amen ,LOL

I have So many now, though, and thankfully some won't come for a couple to few more months, making a nice air of anticipation. Too many at once makes all the excitement go too fast. But I can't wait to start on this doll house. I'm still planning the structure. It will be more of a hybrid doll house and room boxes... Need to finish the plan, then I can do the work, LOL. I definately have most of the furniture already, WOW! Cool stuff too!

7. I am in the same boat too! I said only one! Only one tiny just for fun. Well, I can't find my 1st edition Min del re Elfdoll that I want so badly so in the meantime I am buying some friends for her. LOL
      What fun!! I think I am sunk :D
      [​IMG]

8. It's very possible they MIGHT be a disease...they are most certainly addictive. Of the (...counting...) *cough* eight BJD's I have *hack* four are definitely Tinies. Helena, my Narsha, is CONSIDERED a Tiny, but she's more a Mini like my MNF in my opinion. SO HALF of my collection are Tinies. Then there's the OD Tae and he'll make it five out of nine! The odd thing is I don't FEEL like I have any preference of one size over another. I think I just really like the faces on these specific Tinies and, face it - they ARE cheaper. I can get 2-3 Tinies for the cost of ONE SD size.

9. IngieBee,I can't wait to see your dollhouse. I started my journey with BJDs while looking for dollhouse dolls to fill the house I want to build. I was thinking about making the dollhouse dolls , and found BJDs while doing my"homework". I started with a 60cm Obitsu then bought a tiny. Wendy Wilde and a few others warned me about the disease. I can't get enough of them now, and my dollhouse plans are still in the plans.But now I'm thinking on a little larger scale...lol

Dez1015, your girls are soooooo cute. I can see why they'd want to live at your house. I want a bed like that too.

10. Yes, LadyCrow, i mustn't let that happen, I really want the thing made!! Now I need to save up for MDF and whatever else I'm going to need (clear plastic for windows, etc...)

It's going to be fun though! I haven't crafted anything in YEARS! I can't even get to my table saw or mitre saw, etc.. LOL, but my Brother in law said I can come over on the weekend and use his, this keeps me from having excuses, like I can't get to anything!!! So I will do this! Hee hee hee
      Ingie

Oh, and Dez1015, those dolls are really nice together, I didn't realize, isn't that Lucy? She looks like a big sister! Not a bad pair!

11. I just found this thread today..., yes... it is a disease!! I thought I'd be happy with only an Elfdoll Hana Devil... oh my... look at this pic taken a few months ago, and I even have more now, and another one on order!!!

[​IMG]

12. Ooooh, th1, that picture is so adoreable! I love all of your dolls!

13. Haha i listed a tiny in the Marketplace while I'm thinking...no...I should be selling my MSD because she's out of place...but she's my first doll and is no longer being made...how can I think something like that????

...but she can get me a Puki!!!

14. A disease indeed.
      Of my 14 dolls, 11 are tinies.
      All collected in 1 year.
      An expensive, contagious disease.

15. Hah, CathyM... love your "location"... IN THE POORHOUSE!!! :o

16. It's so true though...

17. I haven't bought a car, new or otherwise, since 1990, LOL
      One must have priorities you know :P

Actually, what is funny about me, is I fall in love with things, and don't want to let go. My Poopsie (er.. VW Vanagon alla 1990) is my baby, and I couldn't let her go for nothing... nor my childhood dollies, nor my Jan McLean dollies, nor my Twinn dollies, etc... They're all different and wonderful at the same time. But this tiny disease is amazingly space saving (except the house I'm building is no longer going to fit in my bedroom .*. I must take over the living room... and design it cat-unfriendly somehow...

A while ago, I tried to tell myself I needed to sell some of my dollies. It was part of "Collecting". You're supposed to refine your collection. Only thing is, dolls have personalities, and now, when I find an article of clothing one of my sold dolls used to wear, or an old picture... it hurts!! So screw that! who needs room in the house? My baby daughter and I like to play, and that's all that matters! LOL

Ok, I'm a psychopathic mother/person/thingy ... Diseased.

18. Sometimes I think I've lost my mind. Last week I bought a little makeup case (Walmart) to keep all my tiny dolls in when I take them places. I padded them with bubble wrap and was feeling smug about it when I just realized today that it's too small to hold the ones I have on order. (2 Banjis, an elephant, another Elfdoll, and a dark Coco. I'm afraid to buy another case because I might fill it up too. They look cute, though. I was trying to save money to buy a Dollmore model doll (Mellow Cole) but couldn't resist buying these tinies instead. *sigh* Pathetic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. LOL, they look so happy, it makes me think they must be having a bubble wrap bursting party??? And Lucy looks like she is saying " Hey, shhhh everyone, she's looking!!!!"

Love it!

20. I think I've caught tiny disease.. or more specifically puki disease. I have 3 incoming and plans for another in my head but that will be in a good long while. Still I scour the forums for them..