1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny problem / disease?

Feb 12, 2008

1. Foolish child! Never, ever, decline an expensive gift from a man, even if you don't intend to marry him! (just kidding - er... sorta, LOL)

2. Keladry - I think any man would realise what a bargain 30% off is so go for it :thumbup

3. Haha, yes, I'll try the bargain angle... ;) Though I do that every time! (And it's true, most of my dolls were really good deals.)

4. I'm getting a Puki Cupid because my Bobobie Cookie told me she needs someone more her own size to play with! When dolls start getting demanding I get a little worried!

5. I know what you mean. Today, I looked at the list I keep of my dolls on my website. The list is ordered by sizes: "Bisou-size", "YoSD-size", "LJ-size" and so on.

There are several YoSD-sized and several LJ-sized dolls, but... My CH Bisou Ai PoPo is going to be the only one of her size. And while I was looking at my list and her lone entry at the top, I could hear the poor mite plead for a sister to play with, preferably a Bisou Ai Pepe. I don't know long I'll be able to resist that plead...

And she isn't even here yet!

It's funny, when i started collecting, I thought I'd start with MSDs and later add a few SDs to be their parents/teachers. Tinies? I didn't want tinies. For the kind of price tags these dolls come with, I wanted something substantial, thank you very much!

The first tiny I got, a D-ANNE Tiny Mero, seemed to prove me right that tinies weren't the right size for me. She was utterly adorable, but I never bonded with her. Maybe 10cm was just a little toooo tiny for me.

But with my Domadoll Kkotmu, the downhill slide started and hasn't stopped since. I'm even thinking about selling my MSD-sized dolls and instead getting a few more tinies... A Lati Yellow special Lea and Momo... A Bisou Ai Pepe...

It's either that or stop collecting, because I've reached the point where I run out of room. So... Tinies would really be more sensible, wouldn't they? ;)

6. Thankfully my husband has no room to talk, what with his hundreds of anime figures!~

:D yay for not feeling guilty about buying my dollies :D

7. What ever you do, don't touch the Lati or puki dolls. Unless you can afford to turn over your wallet to them. They some how they invite all their friends to live with you.

8. Wow, that sounds like the perfect complement to these dolls! I'd be surprised if he didn't start collecting dolls himself! Show him the ani puki, LOL. Talk about irresistible!

9. :roll: I know just what you mean. My first tiny was a Bobobie Erin. She always seemed so sad and lonely; she wanted her sister to come and live with us. So next I ordered a Bobobie Elfkin. Then their older sister had to join them, so we now have a Bobobie March elfgirl. I'm sure they're still plotting for more, and we haven't even started on Pukis yet.
      I got a TB Moona because I wanted her so badly, now she wants all her extended family to come as well. I never really intended to get a tiny at all, but was looking at Msds.

:)... runs around looking for something to sell!:aheartbea

10. i started off with one lati. oh yes, i was going to get just one.
      now i have ten latis and a yosd and i really want a tuesdays child from rosenlied.

it never ends!

11. I have a Moona and Mina by tinybear on the way. I also want Bracken (girl, if possible!) Coco, maybe Bonbon, I decided I like Coco's face better, but you never know, she might need a friend, and any other dolls that tinybear makes! I LOVE the style of them. Oh yes, and I'll need a mermina as well. XD That's.... 6 in all, so far. 2/6 (1/3) isn't bad! It's a start!

12. That's exactly how I started. Oh, an MSD or two, then a couple of SDs. Tinys? WAY too expensive, why pay that much for something that small? What a waste of money. I was not into miniatures at all.

Then, I saw Pam's Sylph, who started me thinking....wow, she's so elegant. Maybe I should try a tiny. So I did. I started researching, asked a lot of questions, then finally took the step and ordered one.

And she showed up:
      [​IMG]
      I fell in love instantly. Within a week, I'd taken dozens of pictures of her. I did my first photostory. I took her everywhere. She had a personality that reached out and grabbed my heart in a way that no doll had done, and has held that grip ever since. I finally understood what people were talking about when they said they "bonded" with a doll. Fee had arrived, and I was hooked. That little crack in the door got blasted wide open. Full fledged tiny addiction.

That one little tiny far too quickly became enough tinys to decorate a Christmas tree, and their numbers kept growing. Troop Tiny. I am now at a point that it seems the bigger dolls hold no allure for me...my Limwha girl was the last, ordered over a year ago. It's not that I don't have the room, or that I don't love the ones I have, it's just that the larger ones that come out no longer call to me with the strength the wee ones do (if they call at all). As I said earlier in the thread, the "Borg" have assimilated me. Can't you just feel them assimilating you too?

13. I started with an SD, then bought a MSD.I was fine with that until I saw a teeny tiny. I bought her,but she was too small.So I got a 25cm doll. Then another,and another.... But I still wasn't happy,so I got a Lati. Now I'm getting another Lati,with plans (hopes) for at least 2 more...lol
      I found 16cm very statisfying. I love that I can take them most anywhere,and no one has to know unless I want them to. It's hard being a 44 year old woman carrying a doll around. I'm not brave enough yet.
      I thought of making up a story as to why,but I haven't found a good one yet...lol

14. Ah Lady Crowe, I took one to a Harley Anniversary fest. Alas, no pics, cameras had to be snuck in. I'm 54 and toting a doll around. A lot of women do. They are aptly named "Travel Dolls" and range from Hitty to Tiny Betsy, Latis and you name it. Just about everyone looks for photo ops. My husband chuckled all the way thru our first photo shoot for a contest, holding props, standing to help block the sun. He even started making suggestions and helped me crop and choose pics.

Oh yeah ! We won that contest! A tiny Bobobie is winging it's way to us!

Git on out there while Summer still lingers! Hugs Margie

15. I just love happy endings! Thanks for sharing Margie

16. Congrats on winning the contest! That's awesome! :D

17. Congrats on winning a new little tiny...what a great way to have one join your household!

18. Margie,
      Wow,what a great inpsiration you are. Congrats on your win !
      I got a 2nd prize (27cm class) but nothing beats the feeling of #1, though. I'm looking foward to seeing your new baby.
      Hugs,
      Margie

19. I dunno about that Lady Crowe, thank you tho and thank you as well to Clochette and Carrot. I just like to see people reach their full potential. Self doubt is a destructive emotion. It's negative and limiting and has no place in our lives. It's not often that you can accomplish so much satisfaction with so small an investment in time and materials. A single baby sock a needle and a bit of thead to make a hat or pair of tiny leggings. The key is small stitches and patience with yourself while building a new skill.

Now! If I can just improve my photography! If my lights are too close to the tinies the shots are yellow-y.

C'Mon Lady Crowe,,,, show me one pic that you take of your tiny in a public place! One little bitty weensie eensie pic! You'll be hooked and soon will be enjoying the looks that are cast your way! ;)

When I am old I shall wear purple with a red hat that doesn't go and doesn't suit me..... I shall run my stick along the railings and make up for the sobriety of my youth.

Jenny Jones "When I Grow Old"

20. Oh yes! I recall seeing that! I really do want to get a March or Isabella some day. I won't get nuthin til I get some of these tiny clothes listed for the Lati White/Puki sizes.

Congratulations indeed! Did I see Zoey up for sale tho?? Did you order your Bbb's from the company or a US dealer...

Margie