1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny problem / disease?

Feb 12, 2008

1. Yes, Zoey has gone to another home. When the Lati's bit me they bit hard. I ordered from BBb. She was one of the first ones made.
      I'm changing gears and going Lati.....lol
      I have my Ppoppo for sale,also sold my FD,but I'm holding on to my DZBB for now. I just really adore the size of my Lati yellow best of all.
      I need to fix my siggy pic...lol

2. I have to say I definitely have this problem.... I wanted more Pukis to keep Piki company, so I have PongPong and ChuChu on the way. Then, the LittleFees came out, and I couldn't decide which one to get, so I ordered all 3! Then, I was thinking it would be nice to have something very tiny and baby-like, so I ordered a Secretdoll Yogi! Oh, did I mention that I also bought Petite ai Uriel that should arrive here from Australia soon? I am so bad. No willpower whatsoever. Why must there be so many cute dolls out there? Has anyone successfully stopped and said "That's it, now my collection is complete, and I'm satisfied"? This is like some impossible addiction, like gambling, drinking, or binge-eating, but probably worse than any of the above.

3. Haha, I have this same problem. I don't know why Tinies do this to us, maybe it's because they're just too adorable!

4. LOL! I started out with one little Pocket Fairy in early 2005. Now there are over 30 tinies living here. 2 Pocket Fairies, 3 Lati Green, 3 Lati Yellow SP, 2 Delf Cuties, 2 DZ BBs, 3 Customhouse Petite Ai, 4 Ange Ai, 2 Bisou, 2 Bambicrony, 8 Pukis, 4 Yos, and 3 Little Fees. They multiply like rabbits around here!
      I admit it, I am totally addicted to these little ones.

5. I am guilty of purchasing my first ball jointed doll in 2004 as well, and now I don't even know how many I own. I don't think I have 30, but I might. They have been neglected over the last few months while I have been training for my new position at work. But now I have much more free time - yeah.

Now to go and count exactly how many BJ dolls I do have . . . this might be scary.

Hugs
      Mary-Lee

6. I only have one right now. When I got my CH Ange Ai Gaby in October. I told my husband, "She is perfect! I never need another doll!" Apparently, I didn't know I was bitten by the tiny bug. :?I have another Custom House Ange on the way and another of theirs on my wishlist. Then I saw the Little Fees!!!! :D I am plotting and saving for Shiwoo.
      I come to DoA every day and check out the latest posts on three threads in particular--the Custom House Ange and Bisou thread, the Little Fee thread, and the Yo SD thread. Sometimes I peek at other threads too but always the tinies:lol: I am looking around at the rest of my non BJD dolls thinking "Who can I sell to get more tiny BJDs?!":|

7. Lol! I said the same thing when I got my first BJD, CH Choa. Since then I have gone up to 12 with two on the way.

I wasn't even going to go the tiny route after getting my Hana, but I fell in love with some owner pictures and DD decided she wanted a dollhouse. The smaller tinies fit perfectly and their accessories are less expensive than those for MSD & SDs. Plus, the tinies take up less room, at least while their numbers are small:lol:

8. I said the same exact thing when I got my Mika way back when. Famous last words.

I also remember saying how tinys were so not worth the money, and how I couldn't really see myself ever having one. Hahahaha. What a joke.

9. Dangit. Stupid lag.

10. Doll collecting is extremely addictive. I've only recently came into mini BJD and has only been collecting since last July. I already have 20 and 3 more on layaway O_o

It just started with 1 little piggies from Elfdoll then i wanted another and spent hours online doing searches. By doing so i came across other anthro BJD and then the craziness began. Now there is so many i want all i can do is think about what other dolls i can sell to fund these new dolls i want :)

11. I have two MSD's, but I must admit that I am much more attached to my tinies. They are easy to travel with, don't take up much space, force you to be creative with doll clothes, and are generally easy to handle. Larger dolls are harder for me to be creative with and take up a lot of space. I feel like I put more effort into stories and ideas with tiny dolls.

12. I sooo agree :) I used to have 2 60cm dolls but since has sold them. I feel that they are hard to display and takes up too much room. I love mini BJDs :) They can be fairly less expensive then larger dolls and i can have tons without storage problem :) Plus they go great with my Re-ment & Megahouse miniature collection.

13. My name is Crystalsfordollies, and I have a bjd/tiny problem. (am I at a toastmasters or A.A. meeting...? *nervous giggle*)
      It all started for me with Lati and their darn beautiful portraits of their yellow line... I thought, 'no, not me, I can't justify the purchase' and then they started infiltrating my dreams, I would dream about making wigs, and altering clothes....
      What do you know. 2 real life sons later, since I don't want to have any more children, I decided my real life daughters would be dolls LOL.
      I'm starting to notice that many women with sons have a doll 'hobby'...and now I've caught it - full fledged. Is it to offset the testosterone levels LOL
      :D

14. Ok, I admit....I'm in the same boat
      In less then a year I have 14 in house and 3 on the way, how can this be?
      10 tinies and 3 more coming, am I nuts? yep...and I don't want the cure for it either.
      I changed my doll rooms so many times already and had gotten to a point where there just wasn't any more rooms for more dolls so what happened? I got a bigger wall unit, problem solved And they want clothes and shoes and toys and furniture and wigs and pretty and it goes on and on and on. At first my friends started to get a little concerned about me (older doll collector) but now they know my dolls by name and look for goodies for me so if I'm nuts then everyone around me is too so we are all in great company. I'm having a ball and that's all that counts, right?

15. Another thing I love about tinies is the fact that they fit inside the dollhouse I have...I never had one when I was little, so it's a bit like a dream come true. :)

16. I have severe Puki-itis. I even ordered Bei so they'd have a soccer coach (well found the set after the doll but still).

I've rehomed like...three different kinds of Puki...and have managed to keep two. LOL

17. Oh, I would love to have a huge old dollhouse! I keep looking and maybe one will pop-up on the Island.

18. I feel you!

I just ordered my first doll around x-mas as a present for self and I know that she will have a boyfriend and I know from what company I want to get him from but there are all these other dolls just calling out for me to take them home and I really want to get in on some of these minimee heads - ERRRR

19. My house too is ruled by mostly males. I have 2 sons, 2 male dogs and ofcorse my hubby :) I would love to have a daughter one day :)

20. Same here! I have a hubby, two sons and one male cat. (I do have another female kitty though as of this year, so I'm not completely outnumbered.)

I have a lot of dolls who are mostly girls and my first BJD is a girl, but I had to chuckle at myself since I've got one tiny boy on the way and hopefully really soon another one. My Chloe will be as outnumbered as I have always been. (I was the only girl with three brothers as a child.)