1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

To Future or Potential DOD owners: A Review

Jun 1, 2005

1. wow~! i'm glad theres a topic like this I just recently ordered my U[f] and was a little iffy about it. But, since I read this I feel 100% better about ordering him. THANKS~! ^-^

2. Thanks to everyone!

I just ordered Leya w. default makeup, Zen w. light brown makeup, and a wig about an hour and a half ago. I receieved the world pay confirmation letter (the cc was processed!) and am waiting for the DOD confirmation email. I think that once I get the confirmation email I will email DOD and tell them which makeup systems are for which.
      So excited! :D

3. I think they will pack the eyes you ordered separately unless you request for them to put them in for you. But if it's the latter, I wouldn't know if you'd have 2 pairs of eyes even though you should since it's part of the package.

You can use blutac, available in any bookshops, in place of eye putty. They don't smell or stain and won't get under your nails! ^_^

4. Where do I find blutac in the bookstore? ^^; I'd be looking around forever knowing me. *can't find ANYTHING*

5. Look with the "adhesives", so glue sticks and such.
      Blu-tac is actually used for sticking posters up on walls and stuff like that.

6. Ooh, more Zen's! :D

Does anyone know if the new bodies (long leg or regular) poes better than the others and/or if they match the old heads?

7. A Wi[F] came with my order and he's paler than Too, so maybe Zen is compatible with the new boys body. ^_^ I want a Zen in the future too!

8. I don't know about posing but it does say on the web-site that there may be colour variations...can I recommend crossing your fingers?

I'm sure it's just little stuff though..
      ~hums innocently, changing her signature from 'Mario' to 'Wi'~

Edit: Oops! Someone got to it before me!

9. Sorry I'm a bit late in replying to this post, but I've been unable to get online for the past couple of days.

Here's my experience with DOD:

I ordered my Tender Too & Bee-a on Sept. 30th, 2004. They arrived on November 12, 2004.

I ordered them back when they accepted requests for custom face-ups. When I placed the order for the dolls, I did not buy make-up at the time. It wasn't until about a week later that I ordered the make-up. I had emailed them in advance to ask them if they accepted custom face-ups, and I received an email within 3 days letting me know that they did and what info they needed.

At the time that I ordered the face-ups, I also ordered 2 wigs. DOD was very nice in holding the wigs for me until my dolls were shipped. They did the face-ups that I asked for even better than I had expected! The only thing I am upset about is that after they did my dolls, they now do the bold pinkish-red eyeliner on every default make-up request for T. Too & Bee-a. I guess my face-up request made them think it looked better? I don't know. It flatters me somewhat, I guess, but for the most part it makes me feel squeemish - espically when I hear new T. Too & Bee-a owners complain that the eye-make up on their dolls looks nothing like what's shown on the website.

Ok, I'm rambling, but anyway ...

Both of my dolls did squeak for the first month or so, but the squeaking eventually faded away the more that I played with them.

They came beautifully packaged in their bag with gold pillows tied up with pink ribbon. (I still have & still use the pink ribbon)

One of the eyelashes of my Bee-a is crushed downward, and one of her eyes turns in, but I think it makes her unique so I've kept her that way.

I'm too weak to pull their headcaps off, but I can lift them enough to slide the headcap halfway back and reveal the putty to their eyes. I haven't changed their eyes because the eye putty is icky, and I like their eyes too much anyway.

Their resin is very pale in comparison to other dolls natural resin. I've heard that the new boys are even paler, but I can't give my own opinion on that since I don't own one of the new boys.

TRY USING MOLESKIN INSTEAD OF VELCRO. Moleskin (not really the skin of moles), can be found in the foot care isle. It is soft and has adhesive backing so you just cut & peel to stick it to your doll's headcap. You don't need the padded kind - the thin kind works very well. This way, you don't get hair getting stuck to the velcro, and you don't have to attach velcro to every wig.

DOD wigs aren't elasticized, so the long ones tend to slip off. This is what the moleskin is needed for. Some other brands of wigs, such as Poshdolls, have elasticized wigcaps so that the wigs stretch to fit. DOD dolls can fit most MSD-sized wigs.

DOD outfits (when you can get them) are very well-made and worth every penny. I have 3 DOD outfits currently, and each one is made very well. The jackets are lined with satin, and the white pants that came with the angel outfit are lined with satin as well. I'm actually jealous of my dolls because their clothes are better made than mine are!

I can't really give a comparison of DOD to Volks SDC right now as far as posability goes, since my SDC arrived strung too loosely.

10. That's a wonderful idea! Thank you so much for mentioning it! :grin:

My Too and Bee-A (Daris and Alette) were ordered on the 25th of March and arrived on the 19th of May, having shipped on the 16th. I ordered them without faceups, and with a wig for each of them.
      They each had a different default eye colour, Daris came with blue-green and Alette with grey, although that eye putty is horrible, I use the Volks eye putty instead. It seems like the blue eyes are glass, and the grey are acrylic, for some odd reason.
      They were packaged just like everyone else's, the bubble-wrapped mummies in the gold pillows. I did cut the bubble wrap, but mainly because I didn't want to rip it open and risk hurting them :oops:
      I can't get the headcaps all the way off, either! I can slide them down enough to change their eyes, though.
      They seem to have been strung just right, no squeaking that I can hear, and they both stand on their own without any problem. I did notice their wrists aren't that flexible, but they've got such lovely and expressive hands I don't notice it anymore.
      I'm thouroughly happy with my purchse from DOD, if they made SD sized-dolls as well, they'd probably be the only company I'd buy from, I just adore their facial scupts, these two were a joy to paint :D

11. oh yay the saint! you finally got keno! i've changed my mind again. :oops: i'm now officially saving up for sd ryo! but the 2 can still be friends! good luck and hope you two have wonderful experiences with eachother!!
      philion :wink:

12. Just got my Jaime today :D

I had trouble with the website when I tried to order from home so I ordered using a computer at work. They responded very quickly with a comfirmation that I ordered 1 Yen with default face up. He arrived 63 days after I ordered him.

The face up is lovely. His hands and feet are cute and chubby ^_^ The resin is more 'glowy' than Soony's. DoD included an extra set of default hands. The ring doesn't fit on any of his fingers or Soony's either! I'm wearing it on a necklace ^_^

The eyelashes are pretty but ridiculously fragile and I think I'm going to tear them off. The DoD wigs popped off until I put velcro on the front and back of his head. His eyes are dark blue and I tried to position them so he wasn't cross eyed but that putty is really weird. His little uggs - which came from DoD - don't fit him :/ which strikes me as very odd.

Personally I'm satisfied with my little boy, purchase and service. If I fall for another DoD I will noe hesitate to buy it :)

13. That's because they're just the keychain shoes. :( I had the same experience with the ones I got from Dollmore.

14. Uhh, I guess I'll contribute too. ^^;; DOD was my first company that I've ever ordered from and I'm glad that I did, they were very nice about everything...o3o;;
      Payment: I paid two months late (gasp, taboo, I know...), but DOD was very kind and kept my order.
      shipping: My doll came kind of early compared to the current average shipping time? I think it usually takes around 8 weeks now, but mine came in 5-6 weeks...
      Clothes: The clothes were really nicely made. I also ordered a shirt from DOD, and it came with a necklace. (I had no idea it came with a necklace, but it did. :D ) I'd order clothes from DOD any day!
      Body: My only complaints about the body are the uneven legs and the weird thing with my doll's foot. The ends of the legs aren't the same length and that bothers me.
      And the foot problem: The inside of his left foot (I forget which one it is...), the part where the s-hook hooks onto is thicker than it should be so it's harder to hook onto the elastic. They aren't really that bothersome, but I had to rant anyway...
      Posability: I spelled that wrong, didn't I? He had a problem standing up, and he kept mooning everything in the first few days he was home. I think it was because he wasn't strung tightly enough....
      Face-up: I liked DOD's face-up, I thought they did an excellent job on it.

Uhh, I guess that's it? The stuff I complained about, I can fix by myself I think....^^;
      I like DOD enough to buy from them again, but I kind of have to hesitate because of the problems I've listed...o3o;;

15. I have four DOCs, two new and two old (in terms of both age and resin colour).

DOD wigs do not stay on for BEANS. I have noticed that my extra DOT fur wig seems to stay put on my friend's SD's head, but the regular hair wigs? I'm constantly telling the one DOD who has a DOD wig to keep her flipping hair on, and then I have another one who has a DOD wig and I can tell you I'm about to buy a Monique or something and sell that one on, it never stays on, and BOTH my girls have Velcro bits on their heads!

DOD eyeputty is the nastiest, worst stuff you could ever use. Stains like a you know what and in hot weather can even melt and run down your doll's neck. DO NOT WANT. My personal eye putty choice is Mack's Pillow-Soft Silicone Earplugs, they are clear and will not stain--I have a doll who is stained inside her head from blutack, so I will never use it myself. But either way, the second you receive your DOD, CHANGE OUT THAT PUTTY. Save your poor doll. My oldskin Leya had over two years of that gunk in her head...I will never get the stains out. Gross gross gross.

DOD clothes are so amazingly worth it. Any time I have money to spare and I see DOD on the MP I jump for it. LOVE their stuff.

Faceups do seem to last the test of time. My Leya's default eyebrows wore off from what I can only assume was constant handling by her last owner and so I had new ones drawn by a local artist, but the rest of her faceup seems to be hanging on well. She does have a chip in her lip makeup, but again I think that's normal wear and tear as it didn't appear until well after I purchased her and she was made and faceupped in 2005. Some people say their dolls' lips have turned black...I do not have that experience.

Note to the artists among us: DOD skews to the left in all things. The faces skew to the left, and so do the bodies (pants your DOCs sometime and look at their buttcheeks. Is that crack straight up and down? Noooooo it isn't!). This can lead to unhappy howling during faceups.

DOD has...interesting...customer service. They really don't like when you point out their mistakes and they can get uppity with you, but if you bork something up when ordering they're usually happy to a)fix it for you or b)tell you what you have to do to fix it if it's on you to do so. You also face a multiple-day lag when emailing them. Generally I expect three to four days from the time I mail them to the time they reply before I start worrying they haven't got it. So don't email them every day if you've got a question--try once a week. They WILL get back to you, they have always gotten back to me every time I've contacted them.

When ordering dolls: Welcome to the longest wait you'll ever know. I've had one doll take 6 weeks and one doll take 7; the other two I bought secondhand. This is standard and actually fairly fast for them, I hear, as some people have waited over 10 weeks for their dolls. Bottom line: This isn't Dollmore. They don't seem to have doll stock, they're going to have to make your doll when you order it, and that's going to take time, so don't get antsy, just sit back and wait.

Shipping: Oh, how I adore their shipping. To the USA, at least, they send Overnight EMS. Meaning if they ship on a Friday, you get your dolly Monday. Or if they ship Monday morning their time, your mailman's knocking on your door Tuesday morning your time. Wait time? What wait time? I guess it's their way of making up for the dolls taking so long, lol.

Heads: Did you order eyes with the head/doll? They're going to put them in for you. CHANGE THAT PUTTY. If you ordered extra eyes beyond the default, the default's what's going to be put in the head for you.

I'm happy to answer questions via PM. :) I think I'm familiar enough with ordering from DOD and with the older girl dolls that I can answer a lot of things. Keep in mind though that I am only familiar with the girl bodies. I have two oldskin girls (immature body) and two girls with the Petsha body (love those joints!), but no boys.

16. These reviews are very uplifting for someone like me (future DOD customer ^_^). Although I have a question, do you have to register with them in order to buy anything or is it just a promotional thing? Also, do they still accept Paypal and if so what experiences has anyone had with it?
      I just want to make sure before I transfer the money into my Paypal account.

Thanks. :)

17. Im waiting for my shall but she should be here sometime this week

anyway I used paypal for my shall and it went perfect(I have never used it before) my mom the e-bay queen sat next to me to make sure I did it right :lol: after I sent the payment I took my DOD order number and my paypal conformation and posted a message in DOD Q&A I did this on a firday night I believe, and When I checked the next morning my payment was received by DOD so all good there.

it seams alot of us e-mail DOD about our zip code not being there I did too :doh They should change that so it shows.