1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

To girls that owns boys... do you feel... shy? O.o'

Jul 2, 2011

1. Hrmmm I wouldn't say that I myself am uncomfortable with it, but I'll admit I was a little shy to tell my family that my first boy would be coming with all his parts, no matter how non-anatomical...luckily for me though, during my wait, my dad and little sister and I attended a BJD panel at a convention where there was a whole discussion about dolly genitals and so I was saved by the panel leaders. XDD And when he came, my parents got a kick out of his little bit :P

QueenObvious Haha!! My parents refer to Lucca as my "boyfriend" too XD Glad to know I'm not alone!

2. I dont feel shy i mean he is a doll. Although i do feel bad that he has to wear sparkly underwear his pee pee poke sout of . Hopefully that will change soon though.

3. To be honest, I don't feel shy at all. Mostly because even though these dolls are 'anatomically correct', most of them aren't all that anatomically accurate. (There are a few exceptions, Soom Idealians, and Dragon Doll Uncles spring to mind.) -shrugs- I blush my boy's penises (come on, say it 10 times to get it out of your system. It's what it's called.) and I disrobe my boys of their pants quite frequently to clean them and change what they're wearing.

Same with the girls. Their vaginas are hardly anatomically correct either, but even if they were, I probably wouldn't be bothered.

4. I think I would feel shy depending on the personality the guy ended up with. Well, shy isn't really the word. Embarrassed for him, maybe?

5. I've been married for 12 years now... the male body is no longer quite as mysterious to me. XD At the same time, when it comes to actually sculpting the doll's bits, I do feel a bit awkward no matter if it's male OR female.

6. Nope I'm not all that shy undressing my Makrua, but then again his character is based off an ancient demon. The time period I pulled him from, no one care much about being nude. So since he doesn't really care, I don't really mind.

7. No, is it supposed to? :lol:

8. Of course not. :)
      I love to see him naked, to undress him, to change his clothes...well, and my boy don't mind. He likes to be sexy. Ah well, maybe he is a bit spoiled. He knows...if master is pleased, he gets new clothes...so when he's naked, he poses so awesome. :fangirl:

9. I at first I was a bit shy but now it is like okay I have to dress you now boys. The dolls know they cannot dress themselves so I have to dress them. Ducan my DOT love to act sexy towards me so I quickly dress him.;) I believe over time a lot girls just get use to changing their boys clothes so it becomes second nature to dress the boys.

10. No, not at all. It's just a body, and not even real. Though Amir gets shy and often curls into fetal position or covers his boy bits when I change him. LOL But it doesn't bother me, it's not unusual for me to have naked dolls sitting around, usually when I'm working on them or sewing for them. Though Hansel IS a nudist and it's not rare for him to randomly be naked.

I don't care if others see my dolls nude either. My sister and hubby are doll owners, no surprise there. A couple of my boys have been strip searched by nosy coworkers. Most of my friends are either in the hobby or know about the dolls. My mom sews for my boys so she knows what is there. The only one I try to hide it from is my dad, but only at my mom's request. It wouldn't bother me, but might freak Daddy out. haha

But I'm also very comfortable with the human body in general. If one of my friends, male or female, was naked in the room, I wouldn't really think much about it. To me, the "private" parts aren't really any "worse" or more "embarrassing" than any other body part. It's just body. Everybody has one, everybody's is different. No big deal.

11. I'm little shy to take off my dolls outfits. But once i do it it's not so bad. :sweat

12. I don't get shy or embarrassed at all. They're my dolls, and I think that their bodies are beautiful. :)

13. Nope, not at all. Now, depending on the character that resides in that shell, I may not want others getting too up close and personal with them... but that's a character issue. And to me, doll & character are one.

I'm glad my boys have boy bits. It makes them more... accurate. True to character. Not eunuchs. lol

14. Well, my boy's "parts" look like a little resin tic-tac. So no. And no if it were more realistic. I've been married and have dated, therefore have seen the real thing. It really doesn't bother me at all.

15. Nope, I'm not shy at all with my boys...I think they are beautiful, naked or clothed..

16. Many, many years ago I would have answered yes to this question, but since then I have:

had sex
      gotten married
      had a baby (and had my body treated as something that didn't belong to me in the process)
      changed a couple thousand boy diapers
      and had three surgeries (again had my body treated as something that didn't belong to me).

Oh, and I taught sex ed to a bunch of ninth graders.

My shy days are long, long over. ;)

17. Since I live in a house with my parents and three sisters, I'm always careful to cover my dude's bits up if he's changing. I don't feel awkward about it personally, but there will be, without fail, someone around to make it feel awkward.

18. It's a penis. Usually a fairly inaccurate one at that. Approximately half the world has one. There is no reason to feel shy when looking at a doll penis.

19. Dark_Sahara10 I have two sisters, so I'm with you there. XD But I think it'd be more awkward changing him around my dad! XD

20. *cinnamelody* Valid point... I try to avoid that entirely. D: