1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

To girls that owns boys... do you feel... shy? O.o'

Jul 2, 2011

1. I was so shy at first, but now I'm totally don't mind even when my boys are totally naked for a while... I'm not gonna watching all over their naked bodies after all... 8D;;

2. I like that they have male bits since it makes them more realistic and detailed. Also sets them apart from other types of dolls (at least the ones I've seen, but then again thats not very many xD) I do have to clothe him and put underwear on my guy, or else my roommates will be a bit disturbed.. And make dirty comments about him

3. I was awkward when I had a girl doll... But then, I was young back then :lol:
      But since we're all guys, doesn't matter. I do have them in clothes of some sort when people come over, though. And since there are children around, I make sure to use a table above eye-height for things :lol: that require nudity.

4. I'm fine with having boy dolls but sometimes I'm embarrassed he's so girly/gay looking. NOT trying to be stereotypical I love girls and gays XDD I'm just saying. I'm working on a cross-dressing boy and I'm seriously tempted to just tell people "he's" a girl and I I put "her" on a male body because I didn't have a female one DDX

5. Haha yup, I try to avoid looking if I have to lol... it's a little awkward even if he's just a doll XD

6. No way. I don't even acknowledge it anymore. I just don't want my younger nieces to see it.

7. my dollie boys dont seem to care, akira is perfectly content to sir around naked and wear his kimono with no undies, and dariel is just like "whatever" and surprisingly the one who i feel is shy around me is my girl doll italia, its like even though im a girl too whenever i undress her i can just feel her embarrassment!

8. I've always had more boys than girls at home and I've never felt shy or something. You know, they're dolls and, although they represent "real" anatomy, they're made of resin! LOL. About their characters, I don't mind if they look a little feminine. After all, they're ours, so...

9. It doesn't bother me at all :sweat but if I'm making clothes and have my boy undressed, I always put on a piece of cloth if someone walks in my room - just don't want to hear any silly remarks from anybody :|

10. Yeah, if I'm dressing them up and stuff, I always leave their underwear on because I've had people walk in to the room and go ACK! NAKED BOY DOLL! LMAO! It's always hilarious. But no, they're don't make me feel uncomfortable or anything. They're just dolls.

11. I don't see the point. I would probably be embarrassed if I had one of those boy-parts-that-attaches-with-magnets. Don't think I'd want the neighbors to see that when they come to coffee...

Other than that, I frequently have a nude doll sitting on the table next to my sewing machine. I don't particularly feel the need to cover him up when someone comes in unexpectedly. (I don't have my sewing out when I am expecting visitors, so that's not a problem...)

12. Pfft, it doesn't bother me but I make sure to keep him covered at all times for the sake of my family. It's just a piece of resin in my opinion. Not like I don't care for my doll but, idk, there's a limit to the amount of "life" I give him, if you know what I mean.

13. Yay! I'm not the only one who feels embarrassed and I'm a 'mature experienced human being' when it comes to relationships. LOL. *rolls eyes* anyway, yeah, it's embarrassing. I've discovered to my chagrin that Korean dolls have their bits molded into the main body, while Chinese made boys have interchangeable parts with magnets. I've discovered that Chinese boy dolls are circumsized and that Korean made boys are not. My aunt (god love her) keeps asking me when I'm going to get "that boy" fixed, from when I first got him and she did what everyone always seems to do, the old lift and check routine, except she yanked his stretch pants down. >.<;; What am I supposed to? Send him somewhere to have him 're-carved'?" (It's just funny that she likes him so much she sees him as 'family' though, LOL!)

I think it says a lot about how much emotion we invest in 'our boys' by how much they embarrass us. And my Chinese made guys can just leave their junk in the box. It tends to get in the way of dressing them. And how embarrassing it is to pick up a doll to show someone and have his 'thing' drop down his pant leg onto the floor? Thank goodness my girls are better behaved!

14. Nope, I don't feel shy at all. I've piddled around with dolls all my life and I knew that some of them came with anatomically correct bits, so it doesn't bother me a bit to change their clothes or clean them. But then again, Johnny and Alistair have fairly small equipment so it wouldn't be a big deal. If I had a doll with larger junk then it might be a problem.

15. Not all all. They are dolls. I don't leave the fellows standing around nekkid though. The ladies would not like that. Well, maybe they would. LOL I sure as heck have had and have nekkid ladies here.

16. Not shy about the boys, actually. Most of the MSD boys I've seen are not fully detailed enough to be shy about, which are the ones that I aspire to collect for the most part. I may have an SD boy at some point but won't feel that shy about his body. It's actually girl dolls I feel shy about. Part of the reason I haven't seriously looked for a girl doll yet is because I get so embarrassed with them. XD I have an OT J-doll I purchased a year and a half ago whom I barely play with now because her dress is loose and sometimes falls down to show off her chest. XD There is absolutely no detail about her, but it still bothers me a bit and I feel like she needs to be covered up.

17. It bothers me more when genitalia (and really any part of the doll) is less realistic. If you are going to the trouble to sculpt an ultra-realistic doll (the style I like), skimping on realism for a decent penis, testes, or vulva seems a bit...I dunno...immature.

I mean if you've got sculpted abs and veins that terminate with a crayola crayon or Ken^TM bulge, we've got some problems with nudity and the sexualization of body parts as a society.

Same goes for Barbie level detail for a girl.

If it's just unrealistic (boobsdon'tworkthatway level of waterballoon boobs) its more frustrating or embarrassing than anything. (Not that I necessarily could do better.)

It does lead to weird situations though. Like me considering resculpting the part myself.

Watcha doin'
      Making a 1/3 scale penis
      Riiiiiiiiight

Totally normal.

18. It was a little awkward for me at first, but I've gotten used to it after being in the hobby for so many years. But leaving the dolls sitting naked still bothers me so I'll always make sure that they're clothed unless I'm restringing or doing some work on their bodies.

This is probably going to sound silly, but I do make it a point to change them privately. So I'll only have the doll I want to change clothes for out while the others are left sitting in the wardrobe with the door closed. If I'm not in my room, I'll always turn the other dolls' head away so they're facing somewhere else. :sweat

19. I'm not very shy in this aspect. I mean, I love my boy, but he is a doll with a penor and his penor isn't what I'm concerned about. I'm mostly concerned with one of my family members seeing me with a detailed naked doll with his penor out because I'm trying to sew clothes. I don't really care that much...It just looks weird, even if it really isn't, y'know?

20. Nope. I photograph nude people all the time. That sounds salacious but it's it's not. I'm a photographer and I get a lot of people who want artistic nudes as couples shots. It's tasteful mostly, not XXX stuff, but I've seen so many naked people it doesn't phase me at all. So dolls with their limited genitalia? No problem. I just got ordered my first male resin fashion BJD that I am told is anatomically correct. I have a feeling it's going be more so maybe than most of the dolls I have so far. This company is known for it's sexy dolls so I'm expecting more than I probably have on most of my male dolls. They made a real point of telling me that the new version of this vintage guy doll was very correct so I'm thinking they made a more realistic thing in terms of design on that. The woman's body is not as obvious in that way but it's so beautifully done that I can't wait to see what they did with him.