1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

To girls that owns boys... do you feel... shy? O.o'

Jul 2, 2011

1. I used to study nudes for art class, so seeing my doll nude doesn't bother me. But I don't like seeing him naked, especially when I own clothes for him. So he's always wearing something at least, even if I don't feel it fits his character.

2. I can say that it does not bother me in the least, I used to work in adult shop so I seen it all, much worse I think, my boys are just fine, no shyness here :)

3. I feel bad if they're sitting around exposed... :P

4. I'm not really shy about it. I guess I wouldn't want to post pictures of him nude unless it was for instructional purposes. But I draw nudes too and it just doesn't embarrass me anymore. :3
      I'm the same way with my female doll. I don't delight in having them naked no matter how pretty they are. I guess I try to respect their privacy too :3

5. This topic is so nice, made me kindly smile while reading)
      As for me, i'm absolutel not shy and when i had a chance to see some other people's bjd my first wish was to see them naked. not because i'm a pervert but because i wanted to know if the naked body is good and realistic enough to make me want the same one in the future.
      No matter if i buy the body or make it by myself i want it to have everything boy should have. I find it unfair making such bodybarts not realistic. I feel cheated when i see male animals with no genitals in cartoons, and so i will with bjd.
      But i don't think i'll ever let them sit naked. Private parts are private)

6. yea i got shy when i first got my bjd but now i am over it and i mostly wear them underwear in case i was changing him and someone walk in like my brother or something it would be awkward if he saw it XD

7. Two of my large boys have articulated penises, so that can cause me to think "oh god please really be inanimate" would make for an awkward manga tho!

8. I'm not too bothered, but then after life drawing at 17 it's difficult to be embarrassed by looking at naked people. That said, I don't like them left undressed. When I buy a new one, I always make sure they have underpants and a vest ready on arrival!

9. At first it did bother me since I wasn't expecting the sculpt to be so umm detailed. After a while I got used to it.

10. I'm not shy about it at all. It's my family who are uncomfortable with doll nudity. I was going to wait until Christmas or even longer to get clothes for my boys, but my mom kept hinting that I should dress them, so I fetched some old socks and whipped up some clothes for them. She was pleased and honestly, so was I.

11. nah, i wouldnt feel shy at all. im sure this lack of concern for doll nudity comes from the fact that i recognise they are dolls, even if they are "alive" in my head x- D i would feel bad if they sat around with no clothes cause i hadn't bought any though!

12. Nope. Not embarrassed or uncomfortable or shy at all.

13. Haha! I don't feel shy. Maybe it's because I don't really think about it when I dress them? Like okay, you have that thing lmao, I'm dressing you behave :XD:

14. Uhm. Why should I? I draw naked man in my art class. Not really surprising when it came to dolls. It hardly has 'body hair' :lol:

15. I'm not shy about it anymore. I did feel awkward with my first boy because semi anatomically correct dolls were new and so odd to me! Now when I have a new doll I just have to admire all of the sculpt! So really the "need for privacy" only comes when I'm already used to seeing them naked.

It's a thought that crosses my mind from time to time, but a bit more for my girl since I know her character would be super embarassed by the situation! So I try to not leave either of my dolls out naked unless it's for maintenance, and then I take my other dolls and I'm like "shield your eyes children. Don't look at the decapitated man!" :lol:

16. I'm the shy awkward type. I handle female nudity just fine, but male nudity, even on a doll... I have no idea. I want to buy a boy someday, but I feel like I'll be one of those types to be really reluctant about leaving them sitting around naked for any period of time (unless they need to be cleaned or re-strung or something). My boyfriend might have kind of weird reactions to it, too. I was trying to explain to him why BJDs are so detailed, and I think I catastrophically failed... :sweat

17. Not at all...they're just dolls anyways, no matter how realistic looking those parts can be.

18. not at all honestly ^-^
      but thats just a side effect of having spent as much time in life drawing classes as i have ^-^ and well art classes in general. I've gotten really comfortable with the naked human form because of it. (trust me every art textbook will have a picture of a statue of a naked man lol)
      then again i'm also that terrible dolly mom that when someone asks if they are anatomically correct i show them >.> i do feel bad for my dolls when i do that since i dont think they mind as much when its me. if that makes any sense,

19. sorry to bother you
      But i did want to mention that resin soul does have a few dolls without male of female genitalia that might work well for you ^-^ my pixue is that way and i've scene people shell the sculpt as both male and female

20. I don't really like pictures of nude dolls so... Not so much I'm shy but I enjoy modesty? I have changed enough diapers to not be shy around a naked person lol.