1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

To girls that owns boys... do you feel... shy? O.o'

Jul 2, 2011

1. Good to know! I'm sure I'll be okay if I ever get a male doll with genitalia, I am just the queen of awkward. :sweat

2. Never shy of my boy's body. I got my first male doll not too long ago and I cannot help but love and ogle the body. For the friends of mine who know I have dolls they already know how much I love to hold him and dress and undress him. Those are the abs I'll never have in real life *sighs*

3. No, not really haha. I do have a doll sitting around naked though and he's covered since my friends may get weirded out; he's really just covered for courtesy of others :lol:.

4. I've taken life drawing classes the past two semesters, so...no, not really. :)

I can be a little awkward about it at times (more out of respect for the characters' privacy than anything else, or when there are other unsuspecting people around), but really don't have issues with it for the most part. I even have one of them sitting around in just his knickers while waiting for me to finish making his wig:kitty1.

Although, ironically (me being female) its easier dealing with my boys than my girls. It hard to explain why:lol:.

5. I would be a little more embarrassed then I already am with changing my girls. But they're just dolls so it's fine.

6. As for me,my first doll is Pan from Ringdoll,a 63cm boy,it's all fine,and as i lobe the muscles,now I have Soom Idealine,loongsoul 68 male body,and Ringdoll RGM-02,they are nice ~I am not shy at all[but when they are out,i always put clothes on them,at leat a pajama~

7. My boy dolls having boy bits doesn't make me shy, and I really have no problem with them sitting around naked (though, as others have pointed out, it will make me feel guilty if they are naked because I haven't made them an outfit yet...). I will make sure to have them covered when I expect visitors though. People are already thinking, "what's with the dolls?", and I wouldn't want them to go, "what's with the naked dolls?" ;)

I do think of the dolls' characters. As such, I really really really wouldn't want one of my boys on a body with magnetic boy bits, even if it were a perfect fit or the sum of male BJD beauty. Because when you remove the doll's trousers, sometimes those magnetic boy bits come off. The indignity of it...! No, I could never inflict that on one of my boys. They'll have attached bits that stay put, thank you very much :p.

I also have an incoming boy whose character would be incredibly ashamed to be seen naked. I was just thinking I'll have to take care to keep him covered during his box opening shoot. Yes, he's a doll, but when I look at him he'll be that character to me. I'll have to respect his fictional feelings ;).

8. We were all born naked and they're not even human, nothing to feel shy about :)

9. I dont even feel like their private parts are private parts. Its just a bumpy lumpy resin surface. To be honest I dont even see the need to blur or otherwise cover the parts in photos

10. I think the only time I was shocked by a doll's winky was when it was on a doll I was expecting to be a girl!

Mostly I just find that part a convenient bump to rest my thumb on to stop my boys trying to head butt me!

11. I feel nothing when I look at nude BJDs. Seeing a nude subject is just another opportunity to study anatomy for me, and the naked body is natural anyway; everyone has one (at least to some degree of completeness). Any awkwardness I may have felt definitely disappeared after my Life Drawing class. :lol: If anything, I think nudity can be appreciated just as much as clothed subjects. Artistic nude is a genre, after all (and I respect that when it's tastefully done).

12. I tend to get a little embarrassed when I look at some females, and males even more so. I realize that I kinda half to get over feeling that way.

13. Maybe it's because my doll, Raziel, is already saucy...but I don't feel embarrassed dressing him at all. I took some slightly racy photos of him playing with himself when I first got him.
      He has an ego and he's fierce. He wants everyone to see him naked. He likes the attention.

14. Mmmmnope. Nothing I haven't seen before :thumbup:thumbup:thumbup LMAOO
      But on a serious note, the ones that make me more uncomfortable are the non-detailed ones. IDK why. But I've got a doll (SD sized, made to look like an adult) whose parts are just like... a lil tic tac and it looks wrong. The rest of him is pretty realistic, so it's just off-putting :lol:

15. My boy isn't here yet, but I think I'm firmly in the "non-embarrassed" camp. I was raised in a family of actual nudists, and then went on to pursue an art education. So yeah, I've seen enough dicks in my time that I really can't imagine being bothered by a resin one.

My SO, on the other hand, is absolutely going to turn into a giggling 12 year old...

16. Not at all. Gotta change clothes? Pants are coming off. And half of them don't have undies either. >w>

17. My family is very conservative and I missed out the art school education that many seem to have been conditioned by, so I fall pretty firmly in the "yes" camp. And it's worse when the genitalia in question isn't merely molded, but is strung and as apt to need adjusted and positioned as everything else when confronted with tight pants. My Ringdoll boys were a little bit of a shock. And to be frank, I have never let my family see just how anatomically detailed these dolls are.

18. I just got a huge green Mirodoll Thunder, and am surprised to discover that my eyes just don't tend to go "there". Perhaps it is my age (I'm 55), but I just don't care about it. I must say that making him a pair of pants is a high priority, though lol.

19. No I'm not really shy about that. Of course I also had anatomy correct baby dolls growing up, both boys and girls. I also grew up taking hand me down clothes, including my brother's underwear a couple times lol.

20. not anymore but when i first started looking at dolls yes but now i just giggle :lol: it doesn't really bother me since on most dolls i've seen it's just a little molded lump. i would be embarrassed if it was more detailed though