1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

To girls that owns boys... do you feel... shy? O.o'

Jul 2, 2011

1. I know this feeling described in the start post. However, after years of owning dolls I feel myself like a doctor while changing clothes, restringing and so on: privacy is privacy, but this process is nesessary despite of it. xD

2. Over time, my boys develop strong personalities to the point that when I'm shopping for accessories and clothing for them, I know exactly what each of them would 'like' or 'not like', even though it may be contrary to my own tastes...but even so, they're still just chunks of resin. Lovely, expressive chunks of resin, to be sure, but resin nonetheless. I'm no more giggly and embarrassed looking at their naked bodies than I am looking at nude statues or paintings in a museum - which is to say, not in the least.

3. I get a little bit awkward with my SOOM Chrom sometimes. He is my only male doll and I love him, but still I tend to keep his clothes on. That might be one reason why I haven't done any clothes for him and I'd prefer to buy him some awesome clothes so I'd never have to undress him xDd

4. I don't currently have a boy. But I used to.
      I never felt shy about anything. I mean, he's not real.
      And it's not like I haven't seen it before. Haha.
      But I can see how it might make others a bit shy. XD

5. I was going to comment with a resounding "NO" but then I realized that's not really true. Sure, I'm not bashful around my dolls. I've done all sorts of things in front of them...in private. But when other people come around, I'm much more self conscious about the fact that yeah, that 70cm dude over there has a plastic penis. I get nervous about what people would think or say if they knew about my Dragondoll's magnetic bits. US society as a whole generally thinks that collecting dolls is weird, and that anything with genitals is a sex toy, so....

6. "Shy" isn't quite the word I want to describe the way I feel about my boy. I think of his body as anatomically correct, which is true. Whenever I'm not taking pictures of him, I keep him in his box. (to avoid sunlight, dust, etc.) I never leave him naked he is always wearing his plain white boxers. Even while dressing him, I keep them on. My girls wear bras and panties often, so I don't think anything of it. When I first got my boy, I had a very awkward but funny conversation with my mom about his body.

7. Never had a guy complain about me seeing him naked :wiggle So not about to start with the embarrassment on resin ones:lol:
      On a serious note - still no. I'm a 3D designer by trade and I made a few characters in my time... Which means sculpting and than digitally painting ALL their bits, realistically in 4k :lol:And that is AFTER a major in social sciences - when it comes to human behavior studies you either get over embarrassment or quit...
      So add both of thous together and you get full immunity to any kind of body related embarrassment, my own or anyone else. A doll is... Not even a blip on a radar - I'll invade their privacy all day and have a giggle over mortified relatives to boot:lol:

8. lol they are just dolls and all I feel when hold them is : you are so beautiful and you make me so happy!

9. Not shy at all. Heck, I'm not shy about human nudity, so doll nudity is nothing.

10. Not shy, so much as perplexed/amused by its flaccid presence at all. I'd be perfectly happy with all my dolls being smooth down there, I find it to otherwise be quite goofy, haha.

11. Not so much shy, just curious as to why these dolls need to be so... anatomically correct and well-endowed? I used to play with Barbie dolls, my brother had Action Man. Neither of those were so 'striking'. I suppose, as BJDs are often more realistic than Barbies and are for photography or 'modelling', they need the bulge in their pants to add to that realism.

I do, however, get embarrassed, when I'm trying to pull the pants up on a Granado Evol (vinyl) boy and hook his member on the fly. "Why on earth aren't these going up any-? Oh, let me just push that down...".

Still, the literal trouser snakes are bit much. :XD:

12. Personally, I don't mind BJD naked if I'm alone.But I'd be embarrassed if someone else was there.

13. I don’t have a boy but I’ve seen them naked in dolly stores many times. The first time I saw one I was really amused that they were so anatomically correct, but I wasn’t embarrassed or put off by it or anything. Nudity in general doesn’t bother me one way or another (whether male or female).

14. .

#154 Gintsumi, Dec 20, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    15. I know I've posted in this thread before, but have something to add to it.

The anatomical correctness is one of the reasons I got into collecting bjds in the first place and never really got into fashion dolls. I like the fact that the boys have their manbits, and in general am not in the least bit embarrassed by those bits.

If I were to say there was any embarrassment involved in it whatsoever—it has more to do with respect to specific character personalities for specific bjds than an overall embarrassment towards them as a whole. I guess you could say I imbue the persona of the character directly into the shell, and if they would be embarrassed about being seen in the nude, I'm respectful to them (as much as I can be; I mean, there's going to be some invasion when changing out their outfits, but I'm not going to go out of my way to put them in revealing garb the character wouldn't be comfortable with).

For the shelled OCs that are more than comfortable with being nude, however—I'm not going to feel one least bit of discomfort with disrobing them. They'd probably prefer it that way:XD:

(Probably helps that I'm absolutely infatuated with the male form and enjoy seeing it in it's au natural form. Admittedly...I'm more squeamish with the female form by comparison:sweat)

16. I stated above that I'm not shy about doll nudity, and boy bumps don't bother me, since a bit of "frontage" in the trousers looks more natural I suppose. But what I don't think is necessary is a deeply creased female anatomy. There is no reason for it on a doll.

17. Well, they all have more or less anatomically correct noses and mouths and hands and such, whyever would they not have anatomically correct genitals? I admit I don't really understand the issue...

What I do understand, however, is young girls growing up in a society with some measure of sexual repression where nudity is not just the normal human condition but highly sexualised and therefore mostly taboo - I guess feeling shy about a doll with a penis while you expect to only ever see a male en naturel when you enter into some sort of sexual relationship with him could be the outcome of that? I wonder about male babies? Do mothers feel shy about them at first as well?

Or is this really only a matter about invading a doll's... privacy, if you want to ascribe something like that to a doll? Sorry, I'm so confused, I don't mean to make people feel awkward about this :?

18. Im a girl with 7 boys. So welcome to my Harem;) I just find male dolls more attractive compared to girls. About their pps, well it gets awkward when my family members walk in on me changing them mid way and having their legs all wide open:frownyblush:

19. Not shy at all around my boys. But I won’t let them go nude around other people that doesn’t know anything about bjds because what is normal to us may seemed “different” to others and then I’d have to explain to them about bjds being anatomically correct.