1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

To those Who Own Only or Prefer One Gender Over the Other

Jun 3, 2008

1. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      I prefer girls. But I like all sizes except I plan on never getting a SD because they take up much more space and they are much more expensive. (We'll see how long I can keep that intend.) Most of the dolls on my wishlist are MSD though.

I think there's more than one reason. First I think that each doll reprecent a part of me and those parts that wants to come out as dolls are so far all females - and second I find it very hard if not impossible to find mature looking MSD guys.

2) Do people ever ask you about your preference?

Never happened unless you count this thread.

3) What would you tell someone who asked you about your preference?

If they were somone I didn't really know very well I'd just tell them I can't find any mature looking MSD guys - if I know the person or they seem very interrested I'd tell them both the reasons.

4) Do other's think it's weird that you have this preference?

I don't know. Noone has ever said something like that. On the other hand a lot of people think I'm wierd for a lot of reasons and I don't really care.

5) When & How did you discover that you prefered this gender over the other?

I'm quite new to BJDs. I didn't really start thinking of getting my first until mid February - and ordered her March 1st. In the beginning I thought I wanted them to have boyfriends. While I was waiting for my DZ Feilian I got a Tinybear Moona (She should of course have a Bracken) but then I bought a Lati Blue Censya head on an older body from the marketplace . . . and then a Mini Gem Uyoo elf. I was planning to get a DZ fullset Mo but then I realized I wanted several females more. So now I have kind of given up on finding a guy that really wants to come live with me. :lol:

Dustbunnie

2. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?

I prefer male dolls. As to why... I'm not sure. I guess because I have more male characters than female characters, or it could also be because in other dolls styles there's less boys than girls... that's not to say I don't like female dolls, though. :P

No, I can't say I've been questioned about it before...

"Because most of my characters are male", I guess.

I guess so. :lol: My aunt hasn't questioned me about it, but she seems to slightly disapprove of my preference, mainly because she thinks my boys look like girls anyway.

I've always known. There weren't that girl molds I liked back then, and even though there's more now, I still have more of a preference for male molds. The first doll I fell for was a male model.

3. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      I prefer boys, but I do plan to own some girls in future. Since I'm a girl, pretty boys are more attractive to me.

Yes. My boyfriend asked several times XDDDD. And my Mum was confused, too. But I just told her there're no genders in BJD world @_@b..........

To my boyfriend I answered: cuz they're more handsome than you~

My mother does. But now she believes all my dolls can be girls, and I just put men's outfits on them...... I don't care people beside my family think what.

From the time I entered BJD. I still love Barbie dolls very much, but for BJD, I prefer boys.

4. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      Females. With a ratio of 6 girls to one boy, i'd say its pretty decided ^^;; I don't know why, but I suppose I find female dolls more appealing- and there just happen to be more I like. ^^

Nope. ^^ All my friends think the guy BJDs look like girls anyway >.>;

That I like cuteness and elegance, and I find more girls fit that catergory, (although there are some very darn cute boys! xD)

No not at all. In fact, all my friends think the opposite. ^^

I think it was quite evident from the start now that I think about it. I just like being able to dress up the girls all cute and beautiful in a feminine way, which must appeal to me more. ^^ I must see them as more versatile in a way. :)

5. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      Boys. Because I don't ever care for girl dolls. They are pretty, but uninteresting to me.
      Nope. :) But they often get the gender of my dolls wrong. People without abjds seem to always assume dolls have to be female.
      What I have told you. :)
      Nope.
      It's totally natural to me. I have never been interested in a girl doll, so...Boys all the way.

6. I prefer boys, in just about everything. I love some of the girls, pretty much just from Volks, and plan on getting a SDG Nana at some point, but just in general i like boys. I wish there was more boys, cause i don't like all of them, since i'm picky on the ones i do like, but yeah. Boys generally.

7. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      I definitely prefer boys. Only have two dolls and both are boys. Boys seem to be more beautiful than the girl dolls.

Hubby asked, no one else yet.

Even as a kid I wanted to have a male doll, one of my barbies was dressed as a guy and called ‘Charlei’ (Didn’ have a Ken). I would tell the others that I just have always wanted a boy doll.

No idea.

When I got enthusiastic about BJDs. I didn’t even look at the girl dolls.

8. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?

Boys only. All my boys are after charries I've created for email role play. I can't see myself ever getting a girl unless the body was unique perhaps and the mold. But I did that recently with Soom Beryl and now "she" is a "he". :sweat

But really its what I find attractive, what catches my eye which I buy. I think really liking boys (and being straight) has a big influence. I also love yaoi. I like admiring beautiful boys. I really really admire the male body, again it comes down to what I find attractive. Does this have anything to do with why I might like yaoi a lot? Maybe? I dunno. lol.

I also have issues with myself being around women and the female body. I guess I have self-issues about my own body, so I get squeemish with the female form. I recently held a female body and it made me very uncomfortable.

2) Do people ever ask you about your preference? Nope

3) What would you tell someone who asked you about your preference? I guess just tell them I like boys. XD

4) Do other's think it's weird that you have this preference? I dunno...? No one has ever said it to my face, lol. I don't really care what people think, I do what makes me happy. ^^

I dunno, after I got my first two boys I sort of just swung that way. Its not to say that one day I might actually own a girl doll, who knows, its just how it is now. I love my boy harem, every girl should have one! :wiggle

9. 1) What gender do you prefer & why? boy,because i am a girl,but so i want to boys and dress them as handsome as i can
      2) Do people ever ask you about your preference? No,i act very obviously,they don't need to ask
      3) What would you tell someone who asked you about your preference? "I like"that's enough,why should i explain too much to them?
      4) Do other's think it's weird that you have this preference? No,everyone like handsome shounen
      5) When & How did you discover that you prefered this gender over the other? since i start to read manga

10. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      Boys ... The boys represent characters from my books, and most of my main characters are guys. The only female I would like to find a bjd version of is Detective Chief Superintendent Dawn Bowman, but she is a ... very large ... lady and I don't think you can get bjd's like that.

They might, once they are on display.

Exactly as 1 above.

They will prolly think it weird I have bjd's ... period! I'll just keep plugging away with the new abreviation - BJGAFs. haha

When I first saw a Soom Sabik elf. Before that I had never noticed bjds and my efforts to get hold of solid representations of my characters was confined to jointless action figures (a la Kotobokiya) and a couple of specially commissioned OOAK sculpts.

11. 1) What gender do you prefer & why? male.. its almost like having something you cant have irl! lol.. its like fantasy
      2) Do people ever ask you about your preference? nope most people accept it
      3) What would you tell someone who asked you about your preference? I would tell them its just what I like since theyre like having fantasy anyways
      4) Do other's think it's weird that you have this preference? well i dont suppose its so much as the preference but I have received unpleasant comments about having so many =( with how did they produce themselves and its like well how did yours... Dx
      5) When & How did you discover that you preferred this gender over the other? well it was pretty much instant...

12. Now I've probably got equal numbers of boys and girls, but the weird thing was I really wanted a girl doll for my first doll, and wouldn't consider a boy for my first doll at all. I have to say I have more fun with my boy dolls now though, because they seem to have more character than my girls for some reason although both sexes can be aloof my girls are very pretty but just don't have the personality of my boys. It is strange indeed.:lol:

13. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      Girls. I think they're prettier and I am a big sucker for beauty. Also I'm going in to fashion and girls have a much wider variety of clothing they can wear.

Nope

The same thing I said above, also I'm just not a fan of boy dolls, I don't think I could develop a male character unless it was a joke

Sometimes I feel I should like both but I don't really mind. Girl dolls are what make me happy

I always bought girl dolls and when I tried a boy even as my favorite fictional character it just didn't work at all.

14. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      I prefer female because I like to dress them. I think boy clothes are not so funny.

Not really. I think people ask much questions about male dolls. Because in our society dolls means often girls dolls. The only people who asks me questions are the people who knows that I hade much male dolls first.

Exactly what I ask to question 1. I like dressing girls with girls clothes.

Absolutely not ^^

5) When & How did you discover that you prefered this gender over the other

When I get my first female doll. I had much pleasure to dress and photograph it than my boys dolls.

15. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      Girls, so I can make them wear pretty clothing.

Not before now.

Exactly what I'm saying now.

Not generally.

When I found out I was a girl.

16. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      GIRLS! My dolls are all girls. I think I prefer girls just because I like girly things - their shoes, their clothes, their wigs, their boobs :sweat... etc....
      Yeah, they ask.
      What I typed above to answer question 1
      They might, I dunno. I don't think it's weird.
      Even as a kid, I had TONS of barbies and one lonely "Now Look" Ken.... he was the token boyfriend for a sea of girls. I just never really got into boy dolls at all.

17. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      Girls, probably because I am a guy so I would much rather look at girls XD
      I only have 1 boy and 8 girls (the boy is the MNF Seorin Full Set caues I got the MNF Ryeon Full Set and they just look great together)

Yea cause my doll owning friends are all girls and many definetly perfer male dolls and sorta prodded me to get one too, though I refused stubbornly until Fairlyland had to make that increadible MNF Duo...

That I am a guy and I would much rather look at a dressed or naked girl doll as opposed to a naked guy doll :P

Not really since I am attracted to females IRL, why not in the doll world? Also, as a guy I find guy's have such boring clothing and I like having the ability to dress something with more interesting outfits!

I don't think it was ever a question

18. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      Girls, I don't really know why. I've always prefererd to have girl characters in D&D and when I play the sims. I think it's because a character can take any form and look any way you want to, so I use mine for what I can't have.
      Not until night now
      I would tell Them I liked girls best, but I'm not sure why. Though I don't think as many would ask about why I like girls as would ask if I preferred boys.
      No...
      5) When & How did you discover that you preferred this gender over the other?
      Ummmmm, the third grade when I created my D&D Character...

19. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      Girls. I can relate to them more because I am a girl. Also, they are so much easier for me to dress up/make clothes for. I had such a hard time dressing the boys.

Nope! Now was this first time.

My reasons in question one.

Not at all. Most people outside of the BJD community think of dolls as girls anyway.

When I bought a boy and couldn't "bond" with him. :doh

20. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      I prefer males...pretty males. I like humans that are aesthetically pleasing, whether male or female, but males that are sort of androgynous or feminine I find most attractive. Maybe it's because that sort of male is, in a way, both male and female.

Not really. I mostly get asked why all my boys are so girly. Now my family is down to two, one boy and one girl, so I don't get asked much anymore.

"Really? I hadn't noticed."
      That or something similar. It's what I like, really.

4) Do others think it's weird that you have this preference?
      No. I'm very artistically minded and like pretty things. Usually that means things that are not 'normal' or something unusual. Once a person gets to know me, most of the questions they have about my dolls are figured out real fast.

5) When & How did you discover that you preferred this gender over the other?
      I've known for a very long time...I always liked the pretty boys. :lol: