1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

To those Who Own Only or Prefer One Gender Over the Other

Jun 3, 2008

1. it depends for tiniesi like little girls, although its not to say i wont get a little boy, i just think little dresses are cuter for SD sized i like the more manly sculpt better i just like the way they look more i dont know why but if i have a character i want i will not hesitate to go outside my norm for that character ^^

2. i've got to say that i prefer girls... and it's mostly b/c i prefer girly clothes and "dressing up" my dolls the way i would like to dress :)

3. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      -----Boys =X They give me an impression of how I want my future boyfriend to look like... even though I know it's impossible.
      2) Do people ever ask you about your preference?
      -----Not since this =D
      3) What would you tell someone who asked you about your preference?
      -----What I just told you just now.
      4) Do other's think it's weird that you have this preference?
      -----Nope, they think it's normal for a girl to like boy dolls more than girl dolls, hehh.
      5) When & How did you discover that you prefered this gender over the other?
      -----Right since the beginning

4. 1) What gender do you prefer & why? I like both. My first 2 were guys and my third (yet to arrive) is a msd girl. But I suppose if I had to chose I like guys better. ^^"
      2) Do people ever ask you about your preference? Not really. I guess they dont find it strange since they have the same tastes too.
      3) What would you tell someone who asked you about your preference? ....depends who it is. If my mom or a relative I'd prolly say girls cause then they might think I'm a pervert for only wanting guys XD
      4) Do other's think it's weird that you have this preference? Not really, I'm a normal teenage girl. It's ony right that I should like guys better...I'de be rather worried about my sexuality if it was girls I wanted more than guys :sweat
      5) When & How did you discover that you prefered this gender over the other? Cause I only ever look at the guy BJD's when I go to a company's website.

5. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?

Although I have 4 boys, I do tend to prefer girl dolls. For me, it's mainly a clothing thing. I can dress the girls in all the things I wish I could wear! Most guy clothes just don't interest me that much. I pretty much buy them as boyfriends for my girls :P But I do really like my boys just as much as the girls, just in a different way.

No, I can't really recall anyone ever asking me about it.

I'd probably just tell them what I said in answer to question 1.

Not that I'm aware of. Can't say that I much care if they do though.

I've like girl dolls better since I was a child - it's all about the clothes! Of course, if they don't have a pretty face, that's no good, but once I find a doll with a face I like, they must have good clothes ^-^

6. I myself perfer the boys because I am simply more comfortable around guys, for some reason. No one has ever asked me why. I don't know why myself. The first doll I fell for was an Dark Elf Soo but the first I bought was an El.

7. I am pretty impartial.

I like a lot of boys, LOTS of boys, I prefer them, but the only dolls I have ordered so far are girls.

If someone asked about it, I'd probably just say it's mainly aesthetics and personalities I can relate to.

I think my grandmother and other family members would find it weird having a boy doll, but they can kiss their pale resin hineys (so cute *pinch*) because they're mine not theirs.

8. In a similar discussion (I thought it was this one, but apparently not) I said I liked boys more. Since then, I ran across a dollmaker with absolutely amazing girls. Now I have an equal number of boys and girls. The funny thing is that my dolls are all now more gender-stereotyped. Still, I see myself as open to all possibilities.

9. 1) What gender do you prefer & why? Male. because i can gender blend more easy, plus, they are more easy to draw.
      2) Do people ever ask you about your preference? Not really
      3) What would you tell someone who asked you about your preference? I can't draw females.
      4) Do other's think it's weird that you have this preference? Nope along the way, i become a yaoi fan :)
      5) When & How did you discover that you prefered this gender over the other? When i learn how hard it is to get those bloody melons to work with me, and when i pick up my first yaoish book :). Plus my friends help out a great deal.

10. 1) I prefer guys. =3 Honestly, girl dolls are pretty and all, but I never even consider having one. I... don't really know why, I liked guys better even when I was really little. Because I love well-dressed guys, and male dolls I can dress up and make them look nice.

2) Everyone around me thinks they're girls, and I'm not about to start explaining why they're actually not, so... no, never hear questions about preference. (Besides... when I was growing up, all of my toys were male/made to be male. With the exception of two barbies)

3) I'd tell them I like guys. Since they're dolls, it shouldn't make a difference.

4) It's none of their business what I prefer, therefore I do not expect them to have an opinion. And even if they do, I don't really care. So I guess the answer is, I don't know.

5) When I was really, really little I made all of my toys into boys. Hasn't changed much since then. How? I've only ever considered buying male dolls.

11. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      Boys, hands down.I don't know why, I just don't like girl dolls. I never tend to be able to 'bond' or get attached to their characters.
      Not really. Friends lol a bit, but beyond that... I don't see why people would.
      I like the preddy booooys <3
      I don't see why. Why have a girl and a boy when you can have a girly boy? >.>
      When I bought my first SD girl. I liked her, but I dunno. She bored me, character wise. It's nice to be able to dress them pretty and crazy wigs, but that's not why I collect dolls, so it wasn't enough to make me like her.

12. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      I prefer girls, I think just because of the clothes involved. <33
      I don't own a doll yet. XD SO no questions!
      I like teh girliesss~ theys so purdy~
      I don't think so. It seems pretty split as to who likes who.
      Well, like I said, I don't own a doll yet, so I might ACTUALLY like boys more. But from browsing around other peoples dolls, I generally just like girl dolls better.

13. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      boys, becuase it's fun to sew for them, and i like shounen-ai xD besides, they are cute ^^

my grandma. ALL the time XDD

her; because i think they look cool. other people: i'd tell them as it is.

nah, not really. some might, but those i ignore.

5) When & How did you discover that you preferred this gender over the other?
      I looked at girl dolls, but i just CAN'T find one that i like enough to own. but i find a LOT of boys

14. 1. I almost like both genders the same! But I get more drawn to androgonous male dolls. The first doll I ordered was a male since I love Shounen ai and yaoi so much. Got a feeling I'll end up with more boys than girl dolls!

2. People that know me don't ask me why. They know I love GUYs in dresses!

3. I would tell them, you know how much I love girly J rock guys! Thats why I get drawn to these androgonous male dolls. It's like having a collection of little J rockers in your house! I can be their stylist and style them up. Take pretty bishounen or bxb pictures. Besides I love anything Japanese like and these dolls remind me of my love for androgynity.

4. I don't think they do.

5. I diden't discover it! I have always from the day I got into J rock liked androgonous guys. So it only felt natural to buy male doll/s!

15. I never liked boy dolls really. Most of them look really girly. And as my primary size is MSD, where the girls are nearly flat chested, there's not much difference. I own one boy who isn't entirely feminine, it's a Luts KDF Bory.
      my other dolls would be Luts LDF Cherry girl, AngelRegion Dana girl and Luts HDF Pudding.

16. 1) What gender do you prefer & why? Boy's. I generally relate better to males, probably because I am more of a tomboy and I always have more male friends than female so its just reflects me and my life more I suppose. Plus I am a yaoi fan so yeah... that explains a lot

2) Do people ever ask you about your preference? No not really, though my mum did ask why I always get boys and why I cant get more girls. I do intend to and always plan to but then a pretty boy pops up and the money goes poof before I can pay for a girl.:lol:

3) What would you tell someone who asked you about your preference? That I like both but I just prefer boys and I am not sure/cant properly explain why.

4) Do other's think it's weird that you have this preference? Not at all. I think my mum just wants me to get some more pretty girls to make very mad clothes for. Yet it is mostly my boys she sees me dragging around the house.

5) When & How did you discover that you prefered this gender over the other? I knew it from the very beginning, there was no discovery it was simply natural.

17. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      I prefer girls. I seem to have more fun with Girls, they are more versatile imo, and their "character" is always so easy for me to develop and attach to.
      Boys have always ended up being accessories to my girls, never really having a character of their own. I enjoy male molds that belong to others, but just dont want them for myself.

Nope not really.

3) What would you tell someone who asked you about your preference? That I prefer girls molds...

No, i think it actually narrows things down for me and keeps me from going over board...lol.

I have been that way since I was a kid. But I realized it with my resins, when I found that the boys just sat unless I wanted one of the girls with one.
      I rarely took pics of them alone.

18. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      Female dolls, most likely because I'm a girl and I'm always striving to find a look-alike doll.

Yes actually, most of my friends have male dolls!

That I just want a twin!

Well I think many others think it's weird that I have a doll full stop! let alone it's gender ;p

I've always known, I have yet to see a male doll that makes me drool. (is most likely as I just I really like men with beards and a bit of age to them!)

19. 1) What gender do you prefer & why?
      I prefer Male Dolls. Why? Good question... I really don't know ... Male dolls simply catch my attention.
      No, never until now.
      "I prefer Male dolls, but that does not mean that disdain the female moulds, I simply like male molds."
      Why should consider rare? Most people I know in my country is smart enough to be above such nonsense. (Except for some Neanderthal who still thinks that the dolls are a thing of little girls ¬_¬)
      Years ago... My favorite characters in animation, movies, manga, video games were male; My RPG characters have been mostly male. LOL

20. warning: yaoi fangirls/fanboys might not want to read this post. don't call me an homophobe because i'm not.
      1) What gender do you prefer & why? i prefer girls, because female character can have a way larger range of personalities and attitudes than boys. [get real, sweet boys that loves to crossdres and eat candies are NOT THAT MENTALLY SANE :evil:]
      2) Do people ever ask you about your preference? not about dolls, since i only have one for now, but someone once asked me why all my characters from one of my stories are girls.
      3) What would you tell someone who asked you about your preference? that i love girls because of what i stated in the first post, and because girls bodies are more nice to look. and that i vomit my soul off every time i see a girly boy.
      4) Do other's think it's weird that you have this preference? nah, i think not.
      5) When & How did you discover that you prefered this gender over the other? hmm... in the exact moment i saw LUTS's uber effemminated molds. :|