1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Toys for tinies

Apr 4, 2010

1. tsk tsk you didn't check the sources of our amazing sweetiemom. the xylophone is available on ultimatekeychains.com but the glo-worm seems to be discontinued. bummer!

2. Oh wow!! Thanks for the Keychain ideas for toys! I didn't even thin about it!

3. I have puppy/bunny/jungle in my pocket, the only hearts animals, re-ment...miniature Woody from toy story...the miniature Barbies and miniature Bratz and some other toys people have bought me.

Thanks for the keychain site...I've been looking for a sock monkey but now I want a sock MOOSE!

4. Here's a fun toy for all the Alice in Wonderland fans-a mini Cheshire cat!
      [​IMG]

5. Can you post the link for the xylophone? I didn't see it on there. I saw a full size one, but not the keychain one.

6. There is a xylophone keychain & stack toy keychain reasonably priced on ebay - search for item # 290428024099 (not my auction)

7. Big-box craft stores (Michaels & A.C. Moore, around here) can be good sources, too. Check out the scrapbooking aisle, the 'woodcraft' section (lots of tiny trinkets intended to decorate nameplates & frames), novelty buttons (my Pukis have gingerbread men, cupcakes & dinosaurs) and the teddy-bear section. Seasonal stuff can be converted, too -- tiny party hats at New Years, green bowlers for St. Pats. And the "minature tree" Xmas sections always have neat little toys, like trains & alphabet blocks, for just a couple bucks each.

Also, the "teaching supplies" section at craft / party / even office-supply stores are worth checking... along with novelty erasers, my LittleFees have a bunch of beautifully-scaled plastic farm animals that cost $2 for a bucketful of "counting miniatures".

And when you're surfing eBay, Play Scale furniture & accessories were made for dolls between 8 and 11 inches tall, and you can re-purpose stuff intended for Ginny, Betsy McCall, or even Bleuette!

8. ooh, great links! Those keychains are perfect! I definately need a xylophone and the stacking one! I have a lot of mini toys from different re-ment sets and also the miniature stores always have a section of kid and baby themed things. I like those because they usually more realistic looking.

9. Rosslyn - Thank you for posting this! I was totally inspired by your tinies playing! I also feel in love with many of the ideas from "Homes for tinies". So I made a game room for my incoming tiny using all the key chain games and mini games I had collected years ago - operation, perfection, boggle, scrabble, candyland, fussball, battleship, and yahtzee. I have some pictures of my book box room I set up in my flickr of what I've done so far. I also just ordered & received some items from http://www.minikitz.com/ - of small scale dollhouses for my tiny. Yah! Minis for my tiny!!

10. I bet tiny dolls could steal toys from Barbie's little sister Kelly. That line has toys and furniture that seems close in size.

11. My Orient So doll 'borrows' alot of things from Kelly! But also check those gumball machines regularly as they change every couple of weeks. I got the cutest Care Bears the other day, but needed more quarters! lol! Also found some realistic tiny puppies one time. The guy that stacks the carts was watching me like I was crazy or something (I only bought 10 of them!). Once found tiny porcelin cups that had Dora the Explorer on them. I can't go past without looking through them all. Oh, and the party favor isle has some cute stuff too that sometimes work. I got an adorable baby carriage two weeks ago along with tiny babies that fit in them.

12. Sometimes you can go to convert cellphone accessories into toys. Strapya.com has plenty of small plush and toys for a tiny.

13. I just keep my eyes open wherever I am. Having done dollhouses in the past, I was always on the lookout for "normal" sized items that were in scale for dollhouses. I basically do the same for the dolls.

I am collecting items for my Yo sized boy, so when he comes to live with me he has some toys to play with. He has a Totoro plushie (key chain), a tiny Boyds bear puppy who is holding a balloon say Happy Birthday (when my boy arrives THAT will be his birthday!), a little 3 1/2 " pin ball game (from Schylling, they make reproductions of classic old toys), a Tech Deck skate board, a mini crayon set (real crayons by Toysmith), and a Buck Rogers Space Ship (die cast Gearbox Toys). Now I need a small pad of plain paper for him to draw on, and am looking for a tricycle.

I plan to take him shopping at the Lego Store that's not to far from where I live. Thought I could use their small blocks for him. That will be a real flashback for me. My son, who is 32 now, was a major Legomaniac! The little Lego people will make excellent robots for my boy. (not my son!)

Anyone have any idea where I could find a tricycle for a 26cm Yo? I'm looking for a metal one, no plactic.

Everyone here is sooooo creative. O.O

14. I got my kids trike on ebay:
      [​IMG]

15. Lollydolly, I go to that same one (Annapolis, MD? guessing from your location-Mom lived there a few years back)! I got my kids a mini ewok!! and a mini Buzz Lightyear there. The people Legos are soo cute! My son was a complete Lego manic too, and he was with me (26yrs old) and he would have still liked some of those Star Wars sets ($200), but his wife was looking at him funny! LOL

16. I got a trike like that from Tru Value Hardware store one Christmas. They had all sizes and sorts of trikes and wagons.

17. Tink, I am so in awe of your Orient So's room! Such patience and everything in the right scale, and best of all- Lots! of pink!! :)

18. Kimmie md ~

Sounds like the same place!
      Ah....ahem....*cough cough* my son has a huge collection of the Star Wars Lego sets. He's a collector of them. His apartment looks like a Lego/Star Wars museum. Go ahead...buy him one!

But back to the store, I love the fact that you can buy loose bricks, so I can get all the same sizes for my bjd. I plan to make a bag he can store them in or I might even build him a fort and glue the bricks together. Then I won't have to worry about it coming apart or having to put it together when I go to any meet ups.

Do you go to the meet ups at the Arundel Mills Mall? http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?220330-MARYLAND-Arundel-Mills-Mall-Monthly-Meetups

I just found a push pedal car on Ebay that I am going to get. WILL THE INSANITY NEVER STOP!!!!