1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Transgender/intergender dolls?

Jan 7, 2014

1. I don't really have characters or stories for my dolls but lately I've been wanting to get a Fairyline doll (Fairyland Minifee with easily changeable parts) but with the male flat chest instead of boobs. I just think it would be aesthetically pleasing and interesting and a nice way to have a more masculine doll that I actually like (for some reason I just don't like guys).

2. I think LGBTQ bjds are fantastic! Here is my tiny nonbinary bjd; Rabbit

[​IMG]

3. i'm trans and a few of my dolls are as well!! :'D
      one of my DC Theras is a transboy, but i haven't gotten brave enough or far enough into my transition to feel good about modding him yet, and i have a bluefairy tiny fairy jerome on the way who is also a transboy (i got him on the male body because he's post transition and from the future where surgeries and stuff are more seamless and available, etc.). i have my pipos lloyd too, who i've had for years, but i'm still not sure if he might be genderfluid or nonbinary? he's yet to tell me at least. :p
      i have a lot of other transboy characters i've yet to shell, too.
      i'm sure i'll get a trans girl character that i'd like to shell someday too, but right now none of the ones i have are main characters, i think...? i have hundreds of OCs lol....

i think they're really cool, but cis people gotta be careful about fetishizing and resorting to "man in a dress" and "woman in a suit" tropes, and just be respectful when portraying us. otherwise i really don't have a problem with anyone making trans OCs/dolls, i think they're really great!! :'D<3

4. I am transgender and have a binary trans doll who has been modded. He's a WIP, but working on him has helped a lot with my dysphoria, actually :) I also have a nonbinary doll and working on them has helped me with my own struggles re: gender. Trans dolls are cool as long as one is being respectful.

5. I'm non-binary and I have one genderfluid character and I have one on the way to represent my D&D character, a trans man. I'm going to make a little binder for him. :)

6. Almost all of my dolls are trans tbh! trans dollies are THEBEST <3 Funny enough I came out not long after I realized this. They helped me along the self discovery road I guess :)

7. I've seen quite a few lovely trans dolls floating around the forum, I think they're wonderful!

I don't have any trans dolls myself, though I have a feeling my little yosd Rán might be non-binary. He hasn't told me yet.

I do however have an intersex character I want to turn into a doll. She uses female pronouns and looks a bit on the feminine side, I won't be modding her though. That's not my forte whatsoever and I'd be too afraid of damaging her :sweat:)

8. I used to own my characters as SDs, but I'm moving on to MSDs, so I don't have all of them at home currently, so my trans character isn't among my crew yet. I do, however, strongly intend to buy him again.

He used to be an Iplehouse EID Rebecca and his name is Connor.
      [​IMG]

I have plans to shell him again as a JID Benny :aheartbea

9. I love the idea of trans dolls and I've seen many that are great. My issue with it is that some people would respond to your question by dropping a pic of a male sculpt with a male name and pronouns, in a lolita gown, and call him MtF because "he" likes "dressing up as a girl", or the female counterpart being "She's a total tomboy lol look at her scraped knees, she's so trans". In other words, there are too many people in this hobby who turn trans identities into fetishes and gimmicks, like wapanese do Japanese people. I love trans dolls who belong to people who actually know what transgender means and approach the creation of a trans doll respectfully and intelligently.

10. I'm in love with this thread :love
      I'm nonbinary and most of the characters I create are also some flavor of nonbinary. The one doll I have right now is a robot and she's nonbinary and feminine. I plan to have more in the future!

11. OMG I loooove Strashko <3 So happy to see someone make such doll <3 Everyone is crazily in love with Prejic, be it companies or particular collectors... I personally prefer the Ukrainian model :) Much softer and warmer... I mean, natural-looking blond hair and elf-like face... Slavic magic ;)

I personally don't need anymore such dolls, but had my moments. For now I just like "theatricality", so I like frills and overdressing regardless of the doll's sex. I have this thing that even if it's a boy, it's still a doll, so "lumbersexual" is out of discussion. Long lashes, full, made up lips, guyliner, long locks and colourful clothes... Call it an 'expression of gender", but for me it's simply a doll, and a doll has to be 'dolled-up', so if it's a boy, he'll look like a boy from Versailles and not a construction site.

12. I made three posts, but the DOA mods put all three together, and it got so looooong:sweat

Hehe yes I love Strashko:) I like her so much more than Prejic! I admire her very much!! My favourite would be "Emil Andersson" though. I'm actually quite envious of him :atremblin

Gender, gender identity and gender expression is real important to me when it comes to my dolls. My dolls are not just dolls to me. They are like little "mini mees" :kitty2

13. I feel the same, @manabusama. :daisy

14. I don't have any currently but I do plan on shelling a character that is. Amizing from YouTube and Instagram has one named Katie (I think that her dolls name) that is. Ami had bought a male body and sanded down the lower bits.

15. Back with a recent photo of my first doll, who turned out to be a trans girl! Her name is Niña :3 One day I want to put her on a girl body, I had the perfect one picked long ago but now it's many years discontinued X'D, and money is tight, so for now she stays on her old demongarden body. I did edit her faceup to be a little more femme and got her a dress that fits, but boy there's so much left to do... She's a Leeke LE Cliffe.
      [​IMG]

16. I do have Mushi, who's non-binary/gender neutral. The DC K-17 body aides in their androgynous appearance.
      [​IMG]Mushi by Wolfie, on Flickr

17. Everyone's dolls are so beautiful :) I think I'll have to rephrase a bit what I wrote in that long post of mine :sweat I don't really agree with what my dysphoria made me say in that other post. I think I got a little bit emotional about the transgender topic.

Having a transgender BJD of course is just as cool as any other type of BJD character. The dysphoria part though should not be seen as something cool. It's a very horrible thing to have to gp through...

I have just ordered my transgender girl Anya :dance Doll Parts, Doll Zone - BJD Dolls, Accessories - Alice's Collections
      Doll Parts, Doll Zone - BJD Dolls, Accessories - Alice's Collections

Since she's based on the transgender fasion model "Stav Strashko" she will remain on the male body I ordered for her.

18. My doll is not really transgender, per say, more like she does not have a gender. Zea is an alien from a species that has no concept of gender or romance. The concepts are entirely foreign to her entire species. They do not have "parts". They reproduce by meditating (kind of hard for me to explain). There can be any number of parents from one to essentially infinite. If there is more then one parent, some kind of physical contact for the DNA exchange is required, usually hand holding or hugging. Her society never developed any sense of gender identity or gender roles. Zea however does use she/her pronouns and her presentation tends to lean feminine. The sole reason for this is she happens to gravitate more toward stuff that's seen as more feminine by human society. It doesn't mean she has any internal sense of having a gender. So she would probably be considered agender, but I wouldn't say that she's transgender since she is entirely typical for her species. She's kind of like the Gems in Steven Universe, I guess. Let me know if any of this is in some way offensive to transgender people since I am not trans myself.

19. I agree!

20. I have a doll on the way who I’m planning to be nonbinary and use the same pronouns as me, they/them! I’m super excited tbh!