1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble with Delf - Standing?

Dec 11, 2006

1. I did that, too. I wasn't going to get anymore CP bodies, but after hot-glue sueding the one I had, he stood so well I felt good about ordering another one.

I agree with what Rillystar said as well. I don't think it's that they're bad bodies, they're just not as easy to stand as my Volks boys or the DOT boys. My Volks boys in particular, will usually stand perfectly if you just straighten them out and plunk them on the table, without all the adjusting. I think the CPs are just a little harder to use in comparison.

Laura

2. You can even do it without restringing. Gently pull out the joint and bend it back to reveal the socket. With a low temp glue gun, place a few beads of glue in the socket, spacing the drops evenly. Allow them to cool completely before popping the joint back in place. The glue has a rubbery texture that creates friction. Even my Dolkot boy stands well after being glue-gun sueded.

The best part is that if you make a mistake, or you decide you don't want the sueding anymore, you can pop the glue off with a fingernail pretty easily.

I've noticed that the dolls get a little taller if you glue suede all their joints though, lol.

3. I've never found it to be a huge problem, personally. When Lorry still had his CP body, he had pretty kicky legs, but the more I played with him and figured out his quirks, the easier he became to pose. Sometimes it's just taking the time to learn how each individual doll poses, since they're all different.

4. Ah that's brilliant. Thank you very much. ^^

5. My Shiwoo, Rooster, was VERY loosely strung when he arrived. But after hot gluing and restringing him (it went very smoothly for me), he's much MUCH better ^^ He stands just fine now~

6. My Dark Elf Soo, Nadeshiko, was strung a bit tight and she was quite kicky when I got her, so much that I've been headbutted a few times. >.O
      I found the fix was pretty easy-- I just loosened her stringing a bit and put some nice sueding in her knees and hips.
      I love her very dearly for her sweet but cocky expression, and she is lovely to hold so don't let a little thing like this stop you~
      I've felt so much closer to her since I helped her with the sueding^^
      take care, and wish you the best

-Philip

7. I had hastles with Ringo at first. I re-strung him several times, nothing. I sueded him with pliver...helped but not much....then i hot glued him. He was totally un-balanced...but i was determined! So i undid the hot glue and did it all over again...this time doing it nice and thin...restrung him and now hes a lovely gentleman. (for the most part. i think hes pretty goofy personality wise and not very graceful...it shows. :P ) I love him.

I recommend CP. it may just take time to learn to love their little quirks. Ask BrightFires. she has what, 29 cp dolls!? some simply behave better stability then others.

But i love my little Ringo!! <3

8. My CP had a little trouble standing (but not as bad as my Dollshe -.-;;;) but with the sueding, he has no problem now. I also heard wiring helps too.

However my boy can't stand after 15 minutes straight sometimes lol. it's like he's telling me he's tired and wants to sit lol

9. My girl had a few issues when i got her being to tightly strung was the main one, however after play shes loosened, i found sueding has made an incrediable improment. All my future cp doll shall be sueded infact just on the basis its great:D

10. I think it comes down to what individual owners like or dislike about their own dolls. Some people don't mind the kicky others do just like some people don't like two piece torsos and some people don't like high heel feet.

In my case, I can't stand the kicky! Etienne (CH Cyn), Kyuuya (HM Omicron), Max (Re-Che/V.2 iplehouse), and Lex (Tony/SD16) all just stand up wherever I plunk them down. Lex is the best though, like a tank that boy! :) Their legs don't jump and kick, they just stand there. Magnus is sueded and wired so now he stands just fine, but he was never kicky.

I'm quite practiced at restringing dolls and I adjusted the CP boy I had repeatedly so he's handle to my liking but it didn't work. I ended up selling the body and am still looking for a replacement. Poor Nathan hasn't had a body since Spring.

It's just something particular to me. If playing with a body makes me consistantly irritable then it's just not the body for me. *_*

11. Yes, pretty much depends on the owner. I have no problem making my little guy stand on the first attempt straight out from his box. Although after months of handling him, his elastic became loose and I have him restrung. He has kicky legs right now as his joints are smoothened by constant posing. Now I just need more time to make him stand. It is just a matter of finding his center of gravity and doing some counter balancing, plus keeping his knees in place.

Sometimes it is the shoes that is playing the trick or the pants that he is wearing.

12. So with the glue gun sueding technique, do you put the glue just on the insides of the sockets, or do you put it on the inside of the separate floating piece too? I'm curious to try, because my Julian CAN stand with some finagling, but usually he's got "weak at the knees" syndrome and buckles umpteen million times before I get it right.

13. I have CP, DOD and Volks boys and all 3 of my CP dolls stand the best, even bare foot. They need barely any effort and once standing, stay that way. I've had my unwired, unsueded El standing on my desk for days now even though I bump it all the time he still doesn't fall over.

The trick is in the hip joint and moving his torso around until you find the centre of gravity, also having the feet about 2-3 inches apart I find is the best stance. I have also found that tightly strung boys are much easier to stand than floppy ones. I've had a couple of mine arrive loosely strung and they are such a pain until I get them restrung to be as tight as a new CP boy would. They tend to do a lot of bendy knees and backflips.

14. you just place the hot glue in the socket (not the ball) of the joint...just a couple drops in the socket, SMOOTH it with your finger so it leaves a film, and it should have a nice grop to it :)

15. question about hot glue..... doesn't the heat damage or melt the resin?

16. My girls are a lot worse with the "kicky" thing than my boys are. I wouldn't let it stop me from buying one though, their dolls are gorgeous! :)

17. Ah, well it's good to know that it isn't as big of a problem as I thought it was :roll:
      I've NEVER strung a doll, though, so if worse comes to worst, I'll end up having someone else do it (if they would) while I watch... and take reams of notes! :sweat

18. With the hot glue sueding you would use a low temperature hot glue gun with low temp sticks so that it doesn't hurt the resin and you can spread it with your fingers. As it has a rubbery texture it creates a lot more friction than pliver and is also a lot cleaner to remove and lasts longer :)

19. Why can't I find this doll company anywhere?

20. CP dolls are sold through Luts ^^