1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble with Delf - Standing?

Dec 11, 2006

1. CP--Cerberus Project. They are the makers of the dolls, but they are sold through LUTS... and sometimes through Liria who acts as an agent for CP.

[edit: oops--not fast enough!] :sweat

2. I got my first doll, CP Soony today, and got her to stand without a problem. She does have kicky legs, but once you straighten one of them out, plunk it down on the table, and fix the other, then it stands really easily. ^_^

3. I think it really depends on the owner, too. :) My flatmate owns a CP Dreaming El and he drives me crazy. We've had him since May and we've managed to get him to stand once only, for about 2 minutes. Put one leg down, the other pops up, vice versa. He's a kicky little bastiche. I've given up on him and she doesn't seem to mind, so... :sweat And I'm not prepared to suede or hot-glue a doll that's not mine. I'll note I've been playing with BJDs for over four years so I'm not a newcomer to the quirks of posing -- but I'm used to my Volks boys, who are very stable standers. I don't have problems with them, and each of my boys has his own quirks, but the El, he drive me batty. :sweat I've been around quite a few other CPs at doll meets here in Sydney and I've yet to meet an owner that didn't complain about their lack of ability to stand/sit comfortably, and I've yet to meet a CP doll that didn't fall over during every attempt to stand him or her. So I hear good stories here on DoA too, but I go by what I've experienced in person, and I wouldn't be feeling moved to buy a CP of my own. :sweat

4. Oooooh, my MnF Shiwoo's legs just kinda fold up and bend when I try to put his pants on. XP
      But other than that, I can get him to stand fine. =^w^=

5. Dont know if anyone answered this yet...I sueded every join on Ringo. Including the neck piece! I call the extra pieces in the arms and legs "cups"...the butt cups when referring to the legs. lol! But yeah...i sueded every little joint that had any remote friction with another joint. The neck, shoulder holes in the main torso, the shoulder cups, elbow, butt, butt cups, knees and ankles. The only thing i didnt suede were the wrists and the torso where it connects the pelvis. Didnt feel like he needed it.

The trick is to spread it on as thin as possiable, and then just fiddle with stringing. Ringo can hold his arms in very dynamic postions because of tight stringing and the sueding. :D Hope that helps!

6. Ilú's pretty temperamental when it comes to standing - sometimes he can do it perfectly the first time and stand steady as a rock for ages... other times he'll refuse to stand whatever I try and crumple at the first chance he gets. I know I don't do things any differently when I try standing him, so I have to conclude it's just him being finnicky! *laughs*

I do wish CP-bodies had locking knee-joints like my other two boys, though. It would make him much safer to stand, I think.

7. Once I got some shoes on mine to keep the ankles from trying to move weirdly, he's been pretty easy to get to stand. It was a little harder before, but once I did manage to get him standing he could stand for hours.
      That and I think his elastic has started to relax a bit since I got him, so it's a little better anyways. (Though his arms are another story entirely)

8. Macabee has the angry toddler syndrome. He has his good and bad days. Lately it's been really dificult for him to stand, but his stringign is very loose, his legs flop all about and hang down from his torso when i hold him. I don't know how to restsring him but he's doing exceptional for the sad stringing i'm dealing with. If you have patience, there's not a problem. I don't think CP dolls are for those who don't want to constantly mess with them to get them to stand.

9. Never had a problem with my two. Granted, Eiji is kicky and Hayden is so floppy it hurts... but you get used to posing them if you practice. Tis an art. You can't just shove them standing and expect them to stay like that. You have to fiddle around with them XD

10. I have one CP doll, a lishe, with the "old" body. She does kick some, but I don't really have any problem making her stand up. Some times it can take a couple of tries, if you know what I mean, but when she stands up, she doesn't fall down.

11. When my CP Soony arrived last week, she had awful kicky leg syndrome and everytime I try to stand her, her knees ping into a bent position and she comes crashing down. I've pulled her knees joints apart and shoved some deodorant tubes between the elastics in order to stretch her. xDD People say to leave them kneeling to stretch, but I'm impatient and too scared to restring her so this is my method. She looks quite funny and I'll definitely take some photos when I get home from school today. xDD;; Poor Akemi. ^^;

12. I have two CP Delf boys and one Minifee - the weight makes a lot of difference too - the Minifee is a heck of a lot better to pose. The kicky sometimes drives me crazy, but they're worth it, they have gorgeous bodies, and most of the time, they work with me. Like people have been saying, you just need to find their balance. My El has been sueded but I dont think it worked - not on the legs anyway, the legs kept slipping out of joint - the arms are fine. But I'm gonna try restringing, if that doesn't work, then the hot glue process.

They're worth it. XD

13. The very first time I tried to get Iven to stand, he snapped down and headbutted my friend in the face. It was great! xD!

Overall though, I can get him to stand within a minute or two with a little effort. His knees don't like to lock, and that's the biggest problem, but I've had other doll owners comment on how easy he is to stand. I guess he's just special? Though right now he needs to be restrung so it's a bit more difficult than usual... :/

14. I've never really had a problem with standing CP dolls. Winter, my CP Yder, is as floppy as can be and he still stands wonderfully. It's really all about finding the doll's balance. ^_^

15. I've got four SD sized CP dolls, one Mini fee, and two Kid Delfs, and the KDs and mnf are the easiest to stand. I know the KDs don't technically have locking knees, but neither of them suffer from the kicky leg syndrom. Once I straighten their legs, they pretty much stay that way. My mnf Lishe will sometimes kick, but she isn't that hard to work with, either.

My Nanuri's body has stringing so tight he refuses to stand or even to sit up straight. My Moon will stand nicely if he's wearing tight pants and sturdy boots, but he does like to bend at the waist a lot. Ive been headbutted a few times (and damn does the boy have a sharp nose! ^^)

My Dark Elf Soo with the old body...she has her good days and her bad days. Like Moon, she'll stand well if wearing tight clothes that hold her in place, but she'll stand even in a loose skirt with a little fiddling. She does bend at the waist alot, too, and try to headbutt me. ^^;

My tanning Dark Elf Soo, with the new type 2 body, does a pretty good job of standing on her own. Her stringing is pretty good.

I just need to learn how to restring a doll (and then gather the courage to actually do it) so I can fix poor Gabriel's stringing. He really is sad with the way he poses. lol

Overall, I love CP dolls, whether they're hard to pose or not.

16. Presenting, the most stupid way to stretch your doll's elastic! =D
      [​IMG]

17. Now that's óne way to stretch elastics:lol: , it looks kinda painful. Luckily Palmolive is very sensitive to the skin.

I have a Lishe who is now with me for a month or so (:fangirl: ) and though she is somewhat kicky, I have no trouble to make her stand. She's not as stable as my Soo Ri (but with him the whole world could explode and he'd still stand, so that doesn't really count), but once she standing, she's standing.
      It might take a little effort, CP dolls tend to have a mind of their own, but every doll has it's quirks and you'll get used to them and know how to avoid them so... If you like El, you should go for it!

18. So many people are saying it's because their knees don't lock like other dolls.
      This is another question now: has anyone tried MODIFYING their knees?
      I don't plan on it, or trying it, unless I can know if it's possible and how to do it.;)

Personally, I think I'll stick with restringing the CP instead of modding it, but I'm wondering about it now. :sweat

19. I don't think it would be that hard to mod the knees. Just sand a groove into the back part of the upper knee part, then mold little notches on. ^__^

I'm sure it would help, but I really love the little kick-y thing my boy does when I pick him up. He just falls into a sitting position so easily, whereas my Volks minis with the locking knees must be pushed.

20. My girl refuses to stand - I hate her lousy kicky legs :P I think I've gotten her to stand properly ONCE since I got her. I'm about ready to give up *mumbles*