1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to look like a BJD...?

Mar 24, 2012

1. When I read the article, I was shocked. I am new to the hobby, and it didn't occur to me that people would think that bjd hobbyists are...pedophiles! I can't believe it! And putting sex dolls into the mix with bjds is ridiculous. I wish the author could have done more research. Now people who actually read yahoo regularly are going to see these dolls and label all of us.

And the girl, it's true, she's more lolita than she is anything. And I'm sure that there are others who are also aspiring to be lolita, so her videos do help, but the creepy people calling her and watching her videos is not okay. Her mom has to step up and protect her or something bad might happen!

2. BTW people, I found the article author on Facebook: LINK

LOL I'm not saying harass her, but... in case anyone wondered >>;

3. So I had this long rant all planned out about how society sucks, how the whole BJD world is innocent and not remotely sexual, how the reporter is trying to justify a possible pedophile's actions, how the reporter is probably a pedophile himself, how the cloistering of children is sparking outrageous outlets by the children... blah blah blah.

I think if this is what she wants to do let her. And if you don't like it, don't watch it. I'm not worried for her yet. For the non-teen people on the forum, we can all say that at 15 we did stuff that we'd probably never do as adults...

Now this line...

"Modern Asian ball joint dolls have become increasingly more life-like, with a line of human-sized, physically mature dolls recently released for the kind of consumer you don't want anywhere near your teenager."

....makes me mad. Obviously the writer didn't bother doing any research about dolls, the doll hobby, or doll collectors outside of the fact that there is a sex toy doll somewhere in the world. It's basically like saying "I have skin, potatoes have skin, therefore I must be a potato!" WRONG. And so is the writer. The only reason I'm mad is that someone in Yahoo actually gave this dufus a job and some crappy college gave him a degree. I'd also like to point out the the human sex doll (I believe) was an AMERICAN creation.

As far as the OP's questions about if I'd try to look like a doll; nope. I'm a chunky 29 year old college girl who's idea of fancy is anything with a skirt. I'm never going to look like a doll and I have no aspirations to do so. Do I have a problem with those that do? No again.

4. DoA prefers that the discussions here focus on the actual dolls themselves - this is a great thread and would be perfect on a personal journal or blog!