1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Twigling Doll Discussion ~ Part 3

Aug 1, 2015

1. [MENTION=70274]Zaliayn[/MENTION] Oh my, I love it! I love the hairpiece idea, sounds so awesome with the cogs and flowers. The dress sounds amazing too.. I can see it already! I love all those hair colours... but if I had to pick, my faves are the first two on the top line and the first on the bottom.... Use all three? xD But yeah, I love the plan!
      [MENTION=38965]$avage[/MENTION] Yes... I now must buy TWO sets of hands... I swear with these options my plan just keeps getting more expensive xD

2. Lovely idea [MENTION=70274]Zaliayn[/MENTION] ! Do you sew as well?

3. Wow love so much your project Zaliayn great really, cannot wait to see your ideas on your doll!
      Kamia i feel you, setting a decision was pretty hard for me too, but after choice of mold seems that everything take an easy road.

4. [MENTION=67475]kamia[/MENTION] thank you! I think there's a good chance I'll go with some shade of pink for the wig - as much as I love the other colours, I always keep coming back to that one. I feel like it would work better colour-wise with other outfits I've been planning out too. I can always save the other colours for my next Twigling doll! I still have to decide on the eye colour though - now that I have no idea about, eyes are always the hardest part to decide on for me.
      [MENTION=65380]BlitheFool[/MENTION] I'm fairly new to sewing clothing but I've made a few things for my dolls so far which I'm fairly happy with. This dress will probably be the most complicated thing I've attempted, but I'm going to practice making a few similar ones to work out the best way of doing it. I'm not confident enough to make the actual dress until my doll arrives though, plus I need to get hold of the right fabric for it, but I'm going to make a couple of simpler pieces of clothing just so she actually has something to wear when she gets here!
      [MENTION=38965]$avage[/MENTION] thank you too! :) I'm really excited to get started on creating things for her, and it doesn't make waiting for December any easier! I'll have to keep myself busy by making some accessories, and by looking around for little bits and pieces that I could use in outfits.

5. Ah you hit the nail dear, same here i'm keeping bsy planning style of wigs, characters and clothes i think that i'll be super excited when Oryx finally arrive!

6. I've started fiddling around with colors. Namely I'm still not sure for eye colors or even a wig style. Might take advantage of a random wig order or two and throw it up to the RNG thing.
      Ingenue with C bust, short torso, long legs and elegant hands. I feel bad doing something so "run of the mill" but she is what I want for this gal.
      [​IMG]
      The outfit will have a yellow sleeveless catsuit underneath with the shorts (unsure of color), a cloak in black and a scarf in pink.

7. Hello,
      My Eloy came in several days ago and I'm super excited!!! *_*
      He's so unique <3
      [​IMG]

8. Love him, Shao-ron! Eloy is a great sculpt. I've had fun with mine so far though he's still not completely finished.

9. Thank You BlitheFool!
      I do not know when mine will be finished but He has already stole body from my Goohwa and I know thank he stays on it...
      (I must look for something fo my other boy D:)
      I had head over hills for him *_*
      He's so amazing sculpt *_*

10. [MENTION=48509]Scarele[/MENTION] , I always stuggle picking eye colours for my dolls, I usually have to change it several times before I find the 'right' colour. I like your concept for your Ingenue, especially the bright colour contrasts - I don't think she sounds 'run of the mill' at all! And even if she was, I don't think there's a problem with that :) I'm sure she'll look great after you've finished.
      [MENTION=59332]Shao-ron[/MENTION], Eloy really is an unusual sculpt and I still can't quite make my mind up about it even now. But your boy looks gorgeous, I love the colour of the resin matched with his wig and eyes - will he be keeping them, or do you have other plans for him?

11. Thank You :) I have tottaly different plans for him but for now - I don't have anything =D
      Maybe he keeps this eyes but wig will be different. It's a long hard road before him but I' super excited ^_^
      Maybe I'll try to make com picture of future him... hmm... ;)

12. Ahhh I still haven't paid the second half and haven't locked mine. Still debating between short and long torso. I'm planning for a B-bust, original hand, (short/long? undecided) and long legs. (I'm only getting the body by the way)
      I'm liking the look of the long torso but I kinda worried about the height, I want her to be shorter than my dollshe boy.
      (Given she will never ever wear high heels of some sort) Help, please. :(

13. (I was tempted by the long torso too, but I stuck to my original plan and went for the short one. I'll save the long one for next time.)

I'm not too familiar with Dollshe sizes - am I right in thinking he'd be 68-70cm tall? If so then you'd have to decide just how much shorter you'd want your Twigling doll to be, factoring in the size/height of the head you were going to use - long torso + long legs would only really make her a little shorter than him, possibly not that noticeably different in height especially once the wig is on, while the short torso + long legs combination would give you a clearer height difference between the two, and a little more room to work with. If it was me I'd probably go with the shorter option since I'd reason that it's easier to make a doll look taller than it is shorter (shoes with slightly thicker soles or slight heels, how the wig is styled etc.)
      If it's of any help, Comparison Heaven has both Twigling and Dollshe doll photos in their database so you can compare them side by side.

14. Thanks. I am really tempted by that long torso look. It's sure true that it'll be a lot easier to make them look taller than shorter. Sadly I'm not that fond of the short leg maybe if it's was a bit slimmer I will consider it. Guess I'm going with my original plan then.

15. Guys! </3 I won't be able to order my A bust, long torso, long legged perfect ingenue/gamine girl D: I had thought about it so much I felt like she was already mine. I found the perfect wedding dress and I was offered the sample at a discount, but have to pay immediately. Goodbye savings! I shall still however be lurking around here because I love the thread and I shall be watching on enviously in December <3

16. There are good chances that Gamine might be available again in the future! At least I hope so...

17. [MENTION=58907]Skimo[/MENTION] I hope so! But I fear Ingenue will become out of reach, but her little sister Gamine may yet come home <3

18. Ingenue will be available one last time next year with the Argyria preorder in grey..

19. Oh no Kamia, that's a shame! But it is for a good cause and I'd imagine finding your perfect wedding dress isn't something that happens every day (especially with a discount too!). You'd likely regret it if you didn't go for the dress. Still it is a little sad that everything has come around at the same sort of time. It's good to know you'll still be hanging out in the thread though!
      I'm pretty sure Gamine will be available again as she's a brand new sculpt, and as Skimo said Ingenue is going to be available one last time but only in the purpley-grey Agyria resin, and since it'll be a limited edition I wouldn't be surprised if there was only a set number of them. I did think about waiting for the Agyria Ingenue but I decided that I'd prefer a natural resin colour instead and besides, knowing me I'd end up managing to miss out - I only found out that I could still get in on this pre-order less than a month ago, I thought I was too late!

20. [MENTION=70274]Zaliayn[/MENTION] exactly... and it is so perfect! :P

I'm not usually a fan of grey skin but I'll definitely look out for the next preorder. Also maybe it's safer for me to scope out all the different Gamine girls before I decide?? I'm telling myself that :P But in the mean time I'll be here, watching all your beautiful twigling dolls :D <3 Also does anyone know if Twigling will be at Dolls Rendez Vous in Paris? I might get to see them in person :D :D