1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Twigling Doll Discussion ~ Part 3

Aug 1, 2015

1. @Raesha pink was supposed to be shipped back in February/March of 2016 when factory pushed back and till June 2016 no sign of shipping note, that's why i asked.
      I'm a little shocked to know that there are customers still waiting for the tan batches from 2016 :sigh: hopefully manifacturing from Haru Casting will be surely better if not perfect compared to the previous factory studio. :thumbup

2. I have been waiting so long I have long stretches not even remembering the two tan dolls I ordered. Hopefully can regain some enthusiasm for them when they are finally on their way. Haru casting has excellent quality so that part is good.

3. I have been emailing people privately, but I will drop a quick note here too; Haru is now making molds for the Big girls, and should have the remaining TAN orders ready to ship in early August. In addition, I now have the website open and am getting ready to start taking new orders and move on with things. I cannot promise increased attendance to the threads here but I do get message notifications and am contactable here, on FB, via email and on the website for any queries.

4. I am so glad to hear things are moving, for both customers' and your sake, twigling! <3

I recently commissioned an alpaca wig with many colors for my teal/mint Ingenue and I hope to get the head and the wig home sometime this month. I'm really happy with the wig maker's work, the new wig even made the faceup I did work! The wig maker goes by the nick Maaru here.

I have also been sewing for my girl quite a bit, mostly underwear but also a long lace jacket. Her style has changed a bit from the idea I had in mind when I first got her, but I like the direction it is going. I will try to remember post pictures as soon as I get her head back.

5. @twigling , I am so pleased you have somebody serious on board, especially to make the big girls. :dance . I am looking forward to your next sculpts. I'd love a blue girl!

By the way, I think you'll have to increase your site's bandwidth, I cannot reach it.

6. Yes, bandwidth has been an issue to to large amount of visitors for the last couple of days, however I think it will settle down once the site has been live for a few days. When it goes down, it returns after a few hours. I am not in a position to upgrade the bandwidth yet, and I think after just two days it is too soon to say if it will really be necessary in the long run to do so.

7. Oh NO she cried! I should NEVER NEVER NEVER have opened this thread!! These dolls are absolutely gorgeous....:...( probably too expensive....

8. This made me chuckle!
      The miningues' shouldn't be too much? I'm not sure as I don't collect that size, but check out the website and see if the artist offers layaway. I'm certainly going to have to do layaway if she releases an elf Ingenue in the future. Hopefully not near future...but at the end of this year or next or heck even 2019. At this point I need plenty of time to save my money and prepare.

9. Ileana is complete again! I am in awe with how well this doll works and moves and by the softness of her movement ranges.

[​IMG]Listening to fears of hearts by uni_inu, on Flickr

I am planning her next faceup now and hopefully it won't rain tomorrow so I can redo it.

10. Finally got this boy out of his box so I can start working on him!

#470 MrsDiablo, Aug 10, 2017
      Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    11. :aeyepop: oh my stars and garters! :D

12. She is absolutely beautiful! You're so lucky to own that gorgeous resin color.

13. So happy to post today, after obsessively umming and ahhing over Gamine, I finally placed my order today! Vivid with short hips and legs and C bust (Still not sure if I should have got the D), with sueding and face up. Looking forward to paying her off!

14. Congrats! She's going to look awesome in that resin - my djinn (currently with the faceup artist) is in that tone and it's just gorgeous IRL. Oh, and the D bust is almost comically big in person, Iplehouse EID stuff barely fits over it. I have better luck with stuff that laces up so that it's at least somewhat adjustable
      [​IMG]

I've got a body sitting in the cart (flat chest, long hips, short legs) for a character whose been a floating head for the last couple years. Twigling's body really is perfect for the independent flapper my character embodies (went with the long hips because they're slightly slimmer, even though she's supposed to be short) I keep waffling over the hands, since she's also one of my Assassins, so she needs to be able to hold weapons and I'm torn between getting her the original hands or the relaxed hands (which I would then reshape a bit with boiling water) argh. Decisions, decisions :evilplot:

15. @Girrl I'm totally thinking of the same body combination for a very similar type of character. I just can't decide which face... She's a unisex character because she is a special type of race in my world.

I'm leaning towards the Nwkiru and tagging along a pieta because I love the sculpt so much but the other also look so good. How will I ever decide...

16. @Girrl Thanks heaps for the feedback- very helpful, I feel better about the C bust now as I definitely need this girl to share clothes. Thanks for the lovely pic!

17. Why oh why did I click on this wonderful thread, now just when I thought I was done and had all my lovely ladies in my collection, I find more lovely ladies. Tax return for next year is gonna be gone for sure.

18. I'm going to order a Oryx in vivid and a pieta head. Any idea what size eyes/ wig I should get. I have some 12mm eyes from mako and a 8-9 wig but I'm not sure if the 12mm will fit Oryx's small eyes. Any ideas or people who have one that already have found eyes that fit?

EDIT - Just ordered minus the pieta head!! Eeep so exited for an Oryx!

#479 AllyCat, Aug 18, 2017
      Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    19. Sorry, I have been so out of touch with the forum and the internet in general, this summer was heatwave from June till end of August so I have just been trying to get out of the city as much as possible, in exchange.. almost no internet.

It's very heartening to see new orders coming in, as I kinda stealth-launched the site back in May and haven't made much promotion. But now I am working with some artists to get the dolls I have saved for this very purpose, painted and photographed, so that I can replace the illustrations on the site with real pictures of the actual dolls.

I have so many things planned, but everything moves at snail's pace and it's easy to get bogged down. I'm relieved that the website is at least up, even if it isn't perfect. Will be working more on that through September.