1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Twigling Doll Discussion ~ Part 3

Aug 1, 2015

1. Hi, AllyCat! You’re right, first version is short torso & long legs ;)

2. Hi there!
      From what I can tell in the photo you've provided, I'm sure she has the short torso (hips), C size bust, long legs & original elegant pose hands. Yep! I'm pretty sure thats what it is.
      I just checked on the Twigling's website & so if you'd like to check it yourself to be 100% sure, here is the direct link to the Parts page: Parts Archives | twigling
      You could always ask Reese yourself on her website Artifex Kindrid / Twigling if you want to be absolutely sure. She would be very happy to assist you & she's very quick in her response to people. Reese is an extremely lovely person & very down to earth & very approachable.
      I hope that helps & let me know how you go!
      Good luck & if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask & I'll try my best:thumbup

3. @AllyCat @Delphi Thank you for the useful infos! You are right! Twigling site states what I wanted to know :facepalm: Funny thing is that I read that part, but I totally wiped those infos from my memory... .-."

Can't wait to order Elbe in Umber Raw: I just need some help to push that order button XD

4. You're very welcome!

5. @Demiurgo the original Twigling body consists if B bust, short hip, long legs and original hands.

6. Oh I see!
      I was not aware of that & thank you for letting us know.:D For my Elbe I ordered the pink skin tone, the C bust (though I now kind of wish I had chosen the B bust), long torso, long legs & the new hands with the long nails.
      After all, she is a Elf & in my imagination they should be as slimline as possible.
      Is the beautifully green skin Twigling doll that you have in your avatar pic an Ingenue, if I'm not mistaken?:)
      It seams to me from what I can tell, that Ingenue was one of Twigling's most popular dolls.

#586 Delphi, May 14, 2018
      Last edited: May 15, 2018
    7. Yes, she is an Ingenue! I got her from the long layaway and she is an absolute dream. I'd love to also have an Elbe at some point and I am very interested in the new foundry Reese has found.

8. Just received my Eloy head today & I'm beside myself with joy!!!:dance
      I popped it straight onto my 5th Motif Timeless body which has been waiting patiently unlike myself. It surpassed all expectations imaginable!
      Perfection in every way & now up close I can see a very strong likeness to the 18th dynasty Egyptian pharaoh Akhenaten as stated.:love
      A huge thanks & shout out to Reese for creating one of the most unique & ancient looking male head sculpts that exist.:abow:

#588 Delphi, May 16, 2018
      Last edited: May 21, 2018
    9. Congrats - but where is the picture??? I am so looking forward to seeing them :)

10. Pictures or it didn’t happen. :apirate:

11. Hey
      Thanks! But I haven't even had a chance to do his face up as yet!:lol:

#591 Delphi, May 17, 2018
      Last edited: May 17, 2018
    12. :aeyepop: Jesus!!! you guys are so demanding!:lol:
      I'd like to do his face up before I present him to you all. And also I've never ever had a social media account up until I joined DoA. And I've only just joined Instagram for the very first time & I'm not even sure how to upload pics on there as yet!
      I've avoided all types of social media up until now, because of the fact that most social media forums are places that are driven by ego, narcissism & insecurity! For instance, the idea of having a Facebook account to me is completely repulsive ( unless its used for a business of a sort or to advertise & promote ones art. Otherwise, I'm not actually that into myself to need that type of thing or validation ). I've never ever even had a facebook account, which to most people would seem hard to believe.
      Here on DoA we all have a common interest which brings us together & its not about some kind of ego trip, its just simply about the love of dolls that we all share.:cheer
      The only reason I've opened up an instagram account recently is because I want to keep up to date with a couple of BJD doll artists that I've bought dolls from or am going to buy dolls from.
      So hang in there people & at least let me do his face-up first & learn to work Instagram & then I'll be able to show you guys how handsome my Eloy is going to be.
      Is it possible to upload photos directly here on DoA ? or do I have to use other forums on the net to do that kind of thing? Can someone please let me know? :)

#592 Delphi, May 17, 2018
      Last edited: May 17, 2018
    13. @Delphi Congrats on his arrival :D I am excited to see him. Mine was a failed delivery yesterday at my friend's house, so hopefully she'll pick him up today :D

You cannot uploade directly through DoA, but you need some other place to host the pictures. I usually use Flickr because then I can use the BB-code to embed the pictures directly into the text here.
      I am on Instagram too, but I don't believe it has the same feature to share the pictures. From Instagram I can only get a link to the picture.
      Because I live in China I need a vpn to go to either Instagram or Flickr, so if there is only a link, I have to log into a vpn and follow the link to see it (it is frustrating and takes time, so I prefer when people use Flickr), while I can see the Flicker embedded pictures without a vpn.

From Instagram
      @bjdzen on Instagram: “This is Captain Morgan O'Malley. She will steal your gold if you are not careful! #BJD #abjd #hybrid #iplehouse #nyid #twigling #ylisande”

From Flickr
      [​IMG]Morgan and Nathaniel by bjdzen, on Flickr

14. Thanks so much for explaining that all to me which I'm very grateful to you for. I had forgotten that I even had a account with Flickr & so now I suppose I'll have to look into actually using it, which I think has laid dormant since I opened it a couple of years ago & never actually used it, because I released that I couldn't drag photos for the site for my visual diary.
      And so if thats the easiest way to upload photos to DoA, then thats where I'll have to do it from. I'm really not use to social media & so it may take me some time to work it all out.
      Thanks for showing me an example by posting these two awesome dolls of yours, which by the way look so great together! 。◕‿◕。

#594 Delphi, May 17, 2018
      Last edited: May 21, 2018
    15. @Delphi You are very welcome :D
      Personally, I prefer Flickr as a hosting site. It has a large storage and it is free. It’s been a long while since I signed up, but I believe it is required to make a Yahoo account to use it.
      The only downside is that it is not possibly to get the BB-code for the pictures from the app. It is only from the computer.
      But i love that Flickr also has an app so it is possible to uploade pictures directly from the phone.
      Others might prefer other hosting sites, but I prefer Flickr and I think it is used a lot.
      If you have questions about it, you are welcome to PM me.

Thanks for your comment on my dolls. When I was looking for a picture to use I realised I had not taken pictures of my Twigling Ylisande in a very, very long time. I need to be better to take her photo. I feel like such a bad doll owner now.

16. I'm sure there are plenty of people who share the love of Twigling dolls that may have never thought they could or would ever own one. I was one of those people, but thanks to a lovely new friend and the second hand market, I finally have my very own Twigling girl!!!! She is a twigling Oryx and I love her to pieces. I am constantly on the hunt for them to pop up for sale due to the long layaway waits and rarity of sales. Most people who buy a Twigling intend to keep her. I actually have 2 of my own on sed long layaway, but they are definitely worth the wait!

17. Ooh congrats can you post pictures of your doll I’d love to see her. I have ingenue, pieta, and two of the sleepy heads ingenue and I’ve got a Elbe on the long layaway. there are so many more that I want but you know how it goes so many dolls so little money

18. it's been so quiet here, I thought maybe I had stopped getting notifications :lol: anywho, I come bearing a picture of Samarra, my pieta, wearing her new necklace (taken just before my tripod broke and my camera battery died)
      [​IMG]
      fiat lux

19. @Girrl She is beautiful! And yes, I am still waiting patiently - on my Elbe and on the Dollshe body for my Eloy. Both will likely take a while....

#599 Cyador, Jun 20, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    20. Samarra is beautiful, and I love the lighting in this photo. It gives it such a moody & mysterious atmosphere. :love That necklace is stunning too; I remember seeing it on etsy and marvelling over how amazing it looked. Your Pieta is a lucky girl!

My Ingenue has been a little neglected as of late, but I've just taken her apart to suede her joints - since I apparently forgot to do that before - so she's getting some much-needed attention now!