1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Twigling Doll Discussion ~ Part 3

Aug 1, 2015

1. Thank you! She is mah queen and I am her lowly subject :XD: and yes I did!

2. Looks great!
      I've got a Elby & an Eloy & I am waiting for some gorges clothes & shoes that I bought for my Elbe to arrive before I do her face-up.
      Once I've completed the look I too will post a photo or two of my couple, to share with everyone!
      its funny because you don't see many photos of Elby.

3. Ooooo! I haven't seen photos of Eloy and Elbe together! I bet they look amazing and I definitely hope your planning on sharing LOTS of pictures :XD:;)

4. hello everyone! im waiting on my first Twigling currently. Im super duper excited. i think i plan to attempt to try and get every sculpt at some point. im rather obsessed haha:chibi how many do you guys have? :kitty1

5. I have 2 full Twigling dolls (an Ingenue and a Pietà) and the third is a hybrid (Twigling body and AT Elf Raven head). I'd easily have at least 2 more hybrids and another full doll, but she seems to be having issues finding/working with casting companies and after the 18 month wait for my Pietà, and the talk about switching to "biodegradable" resin, I'm wary of hopping back on that ride

6. Biodegradable resin? That sounds like a terrible idea. She has made big promises that this preorder will be made quickly (only a few months) so I'm really hoping it won't be taking 18 months! I didn't order before becuase of the crazy wait times lol. Crossing fingers I guess lol. I am getting a second hand twigling inginue in the mean time though so hopefully that will hold me off until my Elbe is finished being made lol

7. Yes unfortunately you may have to wait a little while longer, but then you may not! but either way you will see that they are worth it though in the end.
      If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been waiting so far & when did you actually submit your order ?
      I had ordered an Eloy head first because Reese had announced that her Eloy head was going to be discontinued in the 1/3 SD size & she was also selling him at a discounted price which was very appealing & I had been waiting for Eloy to become available for preordering once again. And so since I had ordered an Eloy, after some time of contemplation I decided to go ahead & order my Elbe doll since I had ordered an Eloy. I mean those to dolls are like meant for one another & I just could not allow Eloy to be alone without his own kind, I felt.
      I was a bit weary about ordering Elbe & kept putting it off at first because I had heard about a previous preorder that actually took 3 years before those unfortunate people eventually got their dolls. Like 3 years is way to long to have to wait for any type of doll. But in the end I put my faith in Reese who told me & assured me that that just would not happen again & so I went ahead & ordered Elbe & I'v had no regrets.
      Given the circumstances that caused those delayed preorders to take so long was just so unfortunate & cost Reese a lot of turmoil, stress & anxiety & on top of all, a lot of money, which would have been a complete nightmare for her. Something like that to happen to a doll artist is just the worst & could do a lot of damage to their reputation.
      But from what I can tell she's doing OK which is so awesome & I'm happy for her!
      Eloy arrived relatively soon, within 3 to 4 moths, but if I'm not mistaken my Elbe doll did take about 8 months.
      Well I hope you don't end up having to wait to long & from what I can tell from Twiglings Instagram posts, she is getting her orders out quicker than ever before.
      I would actually really like to purchase another Twigling doll, but I'm going to wait & see how things will go in the next few months or so.
      Oh! & just a quick note, biodegradable resin is not as bad as its sounds. If you do some research you will see its just fine!

8. i ordered the day that this newest preorder came up, so Jan 10th i think? so havent been waiting very long so far haha. i messaged her alot before making my order and she assured me that this time it would be a fraction of the wait time and she will be keeping the orders open the entire time with no limits, so if it actually takes as short a time as i hope i plan to get every single sculpt eventually lol. i will be getting a second hand ingenue in the mail soon so i will finally be able to atleast experience the glory of twigling in person until my Elbe comes. For now, just living vicariously through everyone elses dolls haha. If i could find an Eloy i would certainly get one of him too, you are right that they just need to be together :hug:

9. My Gamine has begun casting with DCS, I ordered her around July/August so the wait has not been too long. :) I think it depends who is casting the new batch, if it is DSC or Newfoundry.

10. I just saw pictures of twiglings up on Haru's profile! We might FINALLY get our dolls in a month or two.
      (I've been waiting since summer 2017..)
      I've been so curious for the Oryx sculpt which is the one I got. There aren't a lot of owner pics on her. I'm still doubting if I should have gone with gamine...

11. I wish all of you waiting luck! It has been really unfortunate how many things have gone wrong with Twigling dolls casting.

12. I have done some research, actually.
      From what I've read, it's much more expensive (because it's new tech, and that's always more expensive for a while, unfortunately) and less stable - 2 things that really aren't ideal for BJD. Also that there are some issues with "thicker applications" curing properly (but that might have just been the bio plastics from that particular manufacturer) I definitely think that bio resins are going to be the future material of choice for BJDs (since they are far less toxic/hazardous for the people manufacturing them) but I don't think the tech is quite at that point yet.
      If you found sources that say otherwise I'd be interested in reading them

13. Thank you for letting us know what the actual T is consenting the biodegradable resin.
      When I looked it up I found a couple of companies that sells it & so they didn't provide me with the information that you discovered with your research which brings more light to the subject.
      Ideally it would be such a great product to use for the BJD doll community & so awesome for the industry to actually develop the technology of the resin to a point that it would be able to hold its own & work as well as the other resins do. Its very much appreciated that your research produced the pro's & con's of the properties of biodegradable resin at this stage of its life.:3nodding::thumbup

14. Well I hope you don't end up having to wait to long. I myself ordered a Popovy sisters doll & I'm only getting some holes in the ears for earrings to be attached, no makeup or any other work done & its been about 10 months now that I've been waiting with out any information as to when my doll is going to be ready & its so frustrating because its the longest I've had to wait for a doll so far. And every one tells me thats quite normal for that particular doll.:pout:

#654 Delphi, Feb 3, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    15. It's crazy how we put up with these long waits... Like with ANY other item I order after the stated processing time has passed and it hasn't shipped I'll be putting in complaints and maybe even opening something through paypal but with dolls... Nope we wait. We just suck it up... While other companies show us it is completely reasonable to have a decent processing time (e.g. Merrydollround). Oh well sorry for the rant. At this point I'm just frustrated.:whee:

16. Ah @AllyCat - it stinks to have to wait so long! (I'm waiting on a Dollshe body - enough said :) ) - I think it's healthy to rant sometimes, as long as we do it in a considerate way that doesn't seek to hurt the company's reputation (your comment certainly doesn't!). We're only human, and if the wait is too long (especially if we don't receive any updates about the delay) it can even spoil our enjoyment of the doll.

I personally ordered a Twigling SD-size body back in February 2017, but then changed my mind and asked if I could switch to the mini Ingenue. Reese very kindly allowed me to switch, but the color I really had in mind (raw umber) still isn't available for that size (she had mentioned it might be ready for November) so I'm still waiting without a definite answer about the future. And now the prices are going up - I'm not sure whether to go back to the SD size (preorders open now) or what!

I know she's had a LOT of casting problems, many beyond her control. I think she's doing her best! But it is still hard to wait.

17. I have 2 Ingenues at home an Ingenieuse on the way and I'm hoping to get a Pieta in raw umber through Dolls Casting Service. I'm glad to hear that the processing time for Twigling dolls has gone down a bit. I was part of the long pre-order, though I only had to wait 2 years, and that was a bit stressful and I would certainly not want a repeat when I order Pieta! :XD::XD::XD: I'm also a bit worried about biodegradable resin just because there isn't a lot of info on it as a medium for dolls. No one really knows if face-up supplies are compatible or if its more prone to staining. I think its a great future option for the BJD community but I'm not sure I want to buy a doll that's this expensive when there are so many things we don't know yet. :sweat

18. My Gamine has been cast! Still looking at face up concepts for green dolls, it is very tough trying to decide what colour scheme to go for.

19. So much chat (and much of it not exactly happy :()
      @AllyCat - at this point I think you have every right to be super frustrated. 2 years is ridiculously long wait. I hope she's everything you imagined (and more) when you finally get her (and hopefully soon!)
      @StellaMarigold - You ordered a mini ingenue in 2017 and still haven't gotten it? Casting problems with the big dolls I can kind of understand (Haru Casting mostly casts MSD and smaller dolls, so I wondered if just the sheer size of the Twigling bodies was more of a challenge for them than they had anticipated) but there's really no excuse for you to still be waiting on a mini ingenue. Personally, I've never heard of a doll maker having this many casting issues in such a condensed stretch of time. It's really weird.

Honestly, I think Reese is a flat out amazing artist, but amazing artist are rarely (if ever) good at the business side of running a business. I think she'd be happier if she could find a partner to run the business side of things, someone who put all their skill points in that talent tree, so to speak. (my great-uncle was an exceptional artist, and difficult was the euphemism of choice when my family was trying to be diplomatic ;))

Anywho, enough grim talk. Recent-ish picture of Samarra to beautify this thread
      [​IMG]

20. @Girrl - Don't worry, it's not that bad!

I ordered a large-size body in February 2018 (in my earlier post I accidentally said 2017 - sorry abotu that), and later I asked if I could change my order to a mini doll when their preorder opened again (it had been closed for testing with the new factory). Reese very kindly allowed me to change my order and to just save the payment for the next preorder.

The mini dolls were just recently opened again, but the color I had asked about (raw umber) wasn't included in the options. So I'm waiting for another mini preorder with that color included. Reese told me that it would be available eventually—I thought she said probably in November 2018, but I know there is a lot of work involved in adding new colors, so I understand the wait.

Anyway, right now I'm kind of torn because I don't know whether to order a mini in a different color, or to order a large-size doll now that they seem to be more reasonable in terms of wait times. I would order a white mini and dye her, but I'm not sure how dye interacts with the new resin.

One thing I want to emphasize is that Reese has been helpful throughout - I'm sure my changing my mind and asking a lot of questions wasn't easy for her, but she was very nice about it.