1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Twigling Doll Discussion ~ Part 3

Aug 1, 2015

1. I have to say that Reese is one of the only doll artists that I have experienced that actually responds to every one of our emails & I must add pretty much immediately. I've not known any other doll artist to do this & as dumb as our questions may be sometimes here patience is extraordinary, no one is so compassionate as she is towards her clients & as an artist she is doing an exceptional job entirely on her own. One thing that's very important about this is that she understands that people have put there trust & hard earned money & is appreciative of the fact that we have chosen her art work over someone else's work. And if I was an BJD artist & had been given the high amount of money that these dolls cost, I'd be doing exactly the same as she does so very well & thats to respond to the clients need to communicate straight a way, so as to not allow the client to feel at any time that she or he or they are neglected.
      I commend her for here down to earth non-arrogant attitude & how very welcoming she makes a client feel.
      I've not had that from or level of professionalism from any other BJD artist so far.
      And I know she feels very strong about making sure that her clients feel safe & secure as much as she can & is in her power.
      So know that what ever happens she will do her best to make sure that everyone eventually gets a doll that is 100% amazing!
      Even as long as it may take to eventually receive a doll from this awesomely great artist, the high standard & quality of the work will impress even the hardest of critics!!!

#661 Delphi, Feb 8, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    2. I’m waiting for an Elbe in vivid. I commented on a Facebook post that Twigling shared and she said the vivid dolls would be shipped to her at the end of February. At the moment I have a pieta and a ingenue. I also have a couple sleepy eye ingenue floating heads. I’m wanting to get a impldoll body for one of them at some point.

3. #663 Msbold1, Feb 18, 2019
      Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    4. She is gorgeous @Msbold1! What beautiful eyes you have chosen for her. Is she one of the girls cast through Haru or the Russian company (if you don't mind me asking)?

5. Thanks :), she was cast by the Russian casting company. The resin is lovely.:dance

6. Thank you @Msbold1! That's really good to hear! It looks like a beautiful color.

7. i just got my first twigling girl! I currently have 3 more on layaway! only a little obsessed :love

the ones im waiting for are an Elbe in grey, Obsidian SE Ingenue and a Gamine in vivid. One day i will collect them all! :D
      [​IMG]

8. How have I never posted here?!

Please have Nymros, my awful druid hedonist, as penance:

[​IMG]

He's here to celebrate because we found a second Eloy on the market today, and managed to be the lucky number.

Sadly I have never been able to afford one of Reese's incredible ladies. I have a secondhand Ingenue head from the original batches, this gentleman, and now a third. I was hoping to make getting one my goal this year, as she is the last major female SD grail on my list. (Black Elf Ingenue doesn't count; she's legendary. :sweat) But unfortunately, paying off bills looks to be my priority for the forseeable future. Though from reading your posts, the wait times look some improved from the infamous three-year-span of yore. Fantastic!

Would anyone care to share their aesthetic/character plans? I'd love to read them.

9. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get elastic for these ladies? I've tried a couple of companies and most SD elastic is too thick and the MSD elastic doesn't have enough tension.

10. Most SD elastic is too thick? My Ingenue is strung with 5mm elastic, which is thicker than most places sell in kits for restringing SDs (in fairness, I think I've got 4mm in her arms, but her legs are definitely 5mm)

11. Agreed. The thicker the better. 5mm elastic, real sueding, and super tight stringing.

12. Huh that's weird, the SD elastic from volks didn't fit through her knee or elbow joints and the stuff I got from Mint on Card a while back didn't either. Though looking back the volks stuff doesn't specify a size. I was trying to match the thickness of what came out of her which was around 4mm but everything I've gotten hasn't had the right tension. I will have to look specifically for 5mm then. Thank you for the help!

13. I believe the elastic channels are hand drilled, so maybe the ones on your doll just ended up narrower than usual? Also, tension is something you adjust (tie another knot and shorten the elastic a bit) if your doll gets a bit too floppy

14. Your gamine is absolutely gorgeous.

15. Hello everyone! I have been a tad remiss at posting my girls here. I mainly post on IG, because it is so easy. I have a Twigling Ingenue (avatar pic), a burnt Umber Newkiru, and a Miningenue. I’m (impatiently) waiting for my pale blue Gaminue who is with Reese. Her head is at the artist, and has been for about a month now. I know there are a few of us that had faceups with her, so I’m not sure when they will come back....:eusa_pray

16. My Elbe has shipped. Can’t wait.

17. Yay! I received notice that my Oryx was shipping and I received her today. I wish there was an easier way to post photos here. I will add it later. I'm so happy to finally have my Twigling girl!

18. My Elbe and Gamine just arrived! I have fallen in love all over again. Now I'm waiting for the SU to get home so we can get their heads on. I've been spamming the family texting thread with pictures.

19. Please share pictures mine won’t be here til tommorow.