1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Twigling Doll Discussion ~ Part 3

Aug 1, 2015

1. Congrats! Ingenue is such a great sculpt.
      Tbh, Twigling's body might be my fav - I love that she sculpted a girl body that looks like she that eats sandwiches and goes hiking, and that mine just settle into the most natural looking poses whenever I plunk them down.

2. I love the body so much, but it’s always been so far out of my budget. Because this girl was in My country already, I’m safe from customs, so I couldn’t resist her. I’m glad to hear she poses as well as it looks like she does in all the photos I’ve seen!!!

3. Hello all. I have a question about wigs. I have an Elf Ingenue and I am having trouble getting a wig that fits well. Can anyone point in in a good direction?

4. SophyMolly on Etsy uses a regular ingenue as a model a lot, and made the wig on one of the dolls in the listings in Twigling’s website. Since the wig seems to have a natural hairline that goes around the ears, I think it should work fine in the elf version as well!

5. Thank you!

6. No problem!!

7. Hello all! Whoops I did it again!:chomp::chomp:

I took a look at her blog post and saw that she was thinking about pulling the big girls at the end of the year, and I din't want to miss out on the last I had on my list (for now) I ordered a Sienna Tan Oryx in this pre-order! I picked short hip, short legs (first for me), C bust, and original hands. So, I did ask about production time for her, and she was waiting for a couple more orders to be placed, and expected them to be sent to DCS in March sometime. I set it up on the six-month layaway, and she indicated that she felt I would not be having to pay it off early (if she comes in before then I will). So, six-ish months? Lol!

In the meantime, here is the goddess for some watery spam!

[​IMG]Twigling and Loongsoul babies by Alicia Helton, on Flickr

8. I guess now would be the time then to see about picking up the body I need for Phiahn (long hip, short legs, A bust).
      Does anyone know which of DCS' colors would be the closest match to Granado's Normal?

9. Oh wow she's gorgeous, and the resin colour looks amazing :love Also I love the angle the photo has been taken at - it totally looks like she could be a lifesized girl!

10. Thank you, yes I LOVE the colour of the vivid resin and the sculpting of her is wonderful. :)

11. Hi
      I am totally new to this BJD hobby and I do not know much, but I have fallen in love with all the Twigling dolls.
      Does anybody know if there sometime soon will be preorders for the big Ingenue??
      Best regards Mette/Denmark

12. Sadly, ingenue has been discontinued, and can only really be obtained secondhand. There are preorders open for all the other big girls right now!

while I’m at it, I’m talking my self out of another doll (probably a pieta? But I’d want the light blue? But also I’d love a ws body for a head I have?) and getting one secondhand has not helped because she’s so incredible...

13. I'm in the same boat-ish... I need a body for a floating head - flat chested flapper girl, who also happens to be an assassin - but have been waffling about what resin would be closest to Granado normal :sigh
      Does anyone have any resin comparison shots they can share?

14. I have been looking for Ingenue secondhand a while now. I am not yet allowed in the marketplace here on DOA, so I have been looking at Instagram and I different groups on FB but without any luck. Now I have payed for an Nkiru and Khalo directly at Artifex Kindred. It may take a while before I get them....

15. That’s fair! I found mine on insta a couple months ago, a little damaged and probably a little yellowed, but she’s wonderful. Nkiru and Kahlo are both gorgeous! What colours did you order them in?

16. I ordered both dolls in vivid.
      Actually I don’t have a whole BJD in house yet. I only have two bodies waiting for DIM heads
      I did not know about BJD stuff/world til January 2020. I guess that I will order a pink or white Twigling next time

17. Did you guys see that Twigling posted that she's working on a remodelled Ingenue head? How exciting!

Also - bought my first Twigling girl, an Oryx in Raw Umber. @Saraht your Oryx is incredible! :D

18. I would love a black new ingenue head on a torso stand... i can go on dreaming, it may happen one day :)

19. I hear you. I really want a black Gamine head for a hybrid I’m doing but my dollar sucks more than usual (cad).