1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Twigling Doll Discussion ~ Part 3

Aug 1, 2015

1. Thank you! Oryx was my first Twigling girl too and I am so smitten with her. I have a Gamine on layaway and will look forward to her arriving in the future. In the meantime I am working on a forest (Pine Cone) concept for my Oryx (Callie).

She came with a lovely artist face-up (bought her on the secondary market) but I do so love to bring to life my own characters, so I will eventually paint her myself, but for now I am enjoying her as she came to me.

I have made her a Teeswater wig more fitting to her character and plan on using the lockdown to make her dress :)

[​IMG]

2. That wig is gorgeous! as is your girl, obviously ;) but very well done on the wig, can't want to see the dress you make her

3. I just ordered a couple heads for some hybrids. I just couldn't resist bringing home a couple more Twigling girls! I've now got a gamine head coming in in a light blue, and an Elbe head coming in mint green! Also more hands for one of my new hybrids, who really looks better with Twigling hands than anything else I've ever tried on her. I have no clue when they'll come in, but I'm already trying to stop myself from bringing home everything for both of them while I wait. Elbe is going on a dollshe body eventually, and I'm still working out what I'm going to put Gamine on. I'm looking around 63 cm, and with reasonably muscular arms. So she's totally going to end up as another MtF mod, probably.

4. Hey @Girrl ! How is Tallulah doing? :D

I wanted to rejoin the world and share Moon, my Ingenue, after lurking for almost a decade :frownyblush: but she needs new photos. So I’m hoping to catch new photos of everyone’s dollies!

I’d love to see some lovely Twigling elves too!

5. I tried to grab a new photo of Moon in front of a backdrop.

[​IMG]

Not sure how successful it was, but I like the colors :celebrate

I need to bring her on location somewhere suitable for a moon goddess. Ingenue bodies are so lovely to pose that it's a shame I didn't catch her full length in this pic.

6. Tallulah is power lounging like the oleagineus sensualist we all know her to be ;) (although I'm sure her constant lounging has at least something to do with the fact that until I can get, and recover from, hand surgery #2 my ability to pose and photograph my dolls is a bit limited :sigh)
      Loving the new pictures of Moon! If/when SIP is ever lifted for us, we should get photos of Moon and Samarra together in Golden Gate Park, somewhere in the Presidio, or maybe Lands End (if you're feeling adventurous!) I think Moon would look amazing in some heavy fog :D

7. Heavy fog and rocks would be great for Moon! SIP is going to last forever, I'm pretty sure lol. Time to break out the plague doctor masks.

In the meantime, I've been trying to find pictures of the elf Ingenues and been having no luck X_X I'm starting to think I hallucinated them. Were they mods? :huh?:

8. I think they existed around the same time ingenieuse existed. Sighthoundlady on insta has an obsidian one that I saw when I was looking for pics of obsidian ingenue.

9. I mean, if someone were to start selling modern materials plague doctor masks, I'd be on that so fast. For SERIOUS
      the elf Ingenues were a collab with another artist (for LDoll?) and actually have a different sculpt name, like Ingenuese or something

10. @Anneke I'm pretty sure there were two elves: Ingenieuse and Ingenue Elf. They were a callaboration with Nanyalin of Magic Mirror Studios. They were released in 2014 or 2015. I can't remember exactly. I just know it was when I was still in my undergrad studies and before I moved to China :whee:
      They were time and number limited. I believe 100 in total of the elves or they would be stopped after a month of selling. Whatever came first. I never saw a lot of either of them, so I don't think they sold that many.

11. OOOH Wow! I had no idea there was a collabl of Nanyalin. Interesting things started happening in the hobby after I left lol!

Thanks for the tips, all! I'll go hunt for more photos ;)

12. I can't remeber for sure, but I think Nanyalin worked on or modded base sculpts of Ingenue, so the elves show very clear signs of both artists.
      I believe the collab is the reason why they cannot be released again. Something like both of them own the dolls and they cannot release them without the other.

13. That makes perfect sense :) I'm sure it was a once in a lifetime thing. It makes the dolls that released all the more special <3 I'm noticing there are a lot more independent artists' dolls out there these days. It's been fun exploring them. It's pretty amazing to see all the fascinating faces Twigling has released in the meantime as well! She has such a unique aesthetic and I am so proud my Ingenue is among my *forever dolls* collection :D

14. I think they might be released again, but the chance is really low. Like I don’t think they ever said “never” but I’m also not holding my breath for the re-release.

How long were you away from the hobby?
      I totally agree a lot has happened within the last five years with artist dolls. Twigling has created a lot of new and amazing faces.
      So far I still only have Ylisande by Twigling since my sister really wanted the Pieta I bought (and I was in China while my sister received the doll for me and she rarely enjoy the dolls so I felt it was my sisterly obligation to get her into the hobby and especially into Twigling dolls).

15. I was pretty much done in 2014, so it's been a good six years or more since I seriously engaged with the community. It's been fun to try and research what all my favorite companies have been up to in the meantime ;) And learn about new ones. I loved seeing Twigling's smaller dolls as well, but I think my heart will always be with the big ladies!

Oooh Ylisande! Lips to die for! Good for you for getting your sister into the hobby ;) It's so wonderful to lose yourself in!

16. Hello! Sorry to crash the party here, but would anyone he able to try a Simply Divine Harlequin (or similar head) onto the Twigling body for me? I'm curious to see if it'll work for a hybrid or not.

17. Y'all! My Elbe has arrived and I am just beside myself with her pretty!

Gimme all the celebratory spam!!

18. @Lyzrd Have some Bexley to celebrate... (I really should take some more photos of her!)

[​IMG]

19. Ohhhh guys! Have you see the pictures of the obsidian doll? It's a dream coming true for me :D

(I mean, filling pre-orders aside lol)

20. Tbh, at that price I might preorder an obsidian girl. Oryx looks so good in raw umber that’s I’d love to see her in obsidian. Or gamine. Who would be Gamine the third in my house... oopsie.

Update: Yep. Just emailed Reese confirming whether I can add extra heads. I’m doomed.

#780 Chameleon, Jul 29, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 29, 2020