1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Twigling Doll Discussion ~ Part 3

Aug 1, 2015

1. Oh I'm counting down! I can't wait until my Ingenue arrives. My plans for her have developed a bit more and she's going to be a bit more steampunk than I'd originally planned as I've recently decided to be much bolder with my doll plans.
      I'm trying to hold off buying too much for her until she gets here just to be sure on sizing, although I have bought a couple of little things and I've commissioned her wig. I've heard that Iplehouse EID trousers and bottoms fit, or at least they used to - the new leg options for the Twigling girls have probably changed that a bit.

2. I am still looking for the right boots. I may have to cave and order some in a darker color. I just want this to be a bright outfit overall with some dark colors.

3. Does Iplehouse have anything suitable? They have a lot of punk-y stuff that could be easily modded or added to something else. I recently purchased a lovely punk style choker/necklace from them with spikes, chains and a silver skull.

I'm planning some Iplehouse clothing for my incoming Ingenue - although I'm leaning more towards getting her some of the more old fashioned outfits...

4. Just spotted new pics of Oryx on Twigling FB on new torso and bust and i'm in love with her

5. Yeah, I was so excited to see those pics on her fb! I ordered my Oryx with the long torso and I think I'm going to love it.
      I am a little netvous though because I chose to have her sent unassembled to save a bit on shipping. Anyone have experience stringing these dolls? Should I just change it and have her sent complete?

6. @luckeegurl36 I've seen some instructions, maybe on tiwgling's flickr. I'm pretty sure there is advice somewhere :P Good luck though!

Edit: Found the link Assembly Step-by-step so you don't start at the beginning because the drilling stuff is done (it says in the album description) so hope it isn't too scary xD

#66 kamia, Oct 18, 2015
      Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    7. I got my Newkiru unassembled and it was easy to assemble plus I hot glue sueded all the big joints at the same time. The right and left sides were marked on the inside to help get the arms and legs right.

8. Thank you! I'll leave my order as is and give it a go!

9. Thank you so much!

10. @luckeegurl36 No problem! In exchange I only ask for pictures when she arrives :P I'm still a little heartbroken I'm not getting a gamine, her beautiful eye shape <3 <3 <3

11. Hey everyone Twigling doll lovers I wanted to share my beautiful Pieta. Happy Halloween.

[​IMG]

12. How amazing that someone else love Oryx, i ordered her with standard torso but guess she'll be amazing too, surely someone shared already but there's also a step by step tutorial how string Twigling dolls on her facebook :whee:

13. Finally Pietà, i love her so much..thanks for sharing :aheartbea

14. @sherryhable Oh my, she is stunning! So many beautiful twigling dolls >.<

15. Twigling has posted on her facebook page that she believes there's a delay with production, so it could be that we have to wait a little longer for our dolls to arrive. It's a shame but I agree with people saying that customs and postal services will probably be super busy during December, so it would probably be better if they did ship after the christmas rush is over. I just hope it's not too many months extra until they arrive!
      My idea for my Ingenue keeps morphing with every week that passes! It'll probably have changed a lot by the time she gets here, although her lovely angora wig has arrived so that'll be staying the same whatever happens. :)

16. This sounds really silly but with all the options and having placed the order online via a form, I have somehow forgotten the particulars of what I ordered.....*is a bad dolly owner* but after seeing the long legs and long torso Im hoping thats what I chose TT^TT

Ill admit Im bummed about the delay but it just means they will be worth the wait even more-so!

17. Argh. The downside to these long, long preorders is waiting until the next one to order the body I need :sigh
      I've decided that Forté, my (currently floating) F65 Siean Elf head, needs a Twigling body (size A bust, long legs, still deciding on the torso and hands) since she'll be joining my other two large elves, Verity (who is also on a Twigling body) and Nemesis, but argh! that means waiting another whole year! :vein
      I should just focus on how exciting it's going to be to get my djinn, Sameera, assembled in the meantime :XD:

18. A new update on Twigling's facebook page (along with some lovely photos of the basic faceups) - the dolls will be shipped from the factory in batches with the ones in white skin being first to arrive, hopefully arriving at the end of November/ beginning of December.
      So some people may be lucky enough to get their dolls before Christmas! I wonder what order they're casting the different resin colours in, maybe light to dark? I'm waiting for rose pink so of course that's what I'm hoping :XD:

@Skittzlez2, I'll admit I've sort of forgotten which hands I ordered with my girl, I'm pretty sure I went for the original elegant ones but I'll have to check my confirmation email!

@Girrl, it was also mentioned in the facebook post that Twigling will likely have opened new preorders before all of the current orders have been sent out, so I'm not sure quite when she plans to open them again. I'm also really wanting to place another doll order, but I can imagine it's even more frustrating when you already have the head ready and waiting. I'm not sure I'd have the patience to deal with floating heads!

19. @Zaliayn - I've got a box of floating heads (a small one! I refuse to get a larger one because you know what happens then) and most of them have bodies planed but Siean was stumping me until I looked up the body measurements to calculate yardage for my incoming girl and remembered that Twigling sculpted that A bust and everything just fell into place (naturally, after the preorder closed :doh)

20. Ah I LOVE the concepts by Winterdeer. Gamine is so perfect! I am half sad I couldn't buy her, but also half happy I have a wonderful wedding dress :P DILEMMAS OF DOLL COLLECTORS!