1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Twigling Doll Discussion ~ Part 3

Aug 1, 2015

1. @916mvk the Eloy head is up for pre-order, but there are no pictures because Twigling is waiting for the prints of the head.

2. Oooo, many thanks. I definitely planning to get it.

3. I’m sorry if this information is easily available and I’m just not able to find it, but does anyone know what Twigling resin colors correspond to what shades in other companies? I am very tempted by the Eloy head but I’m not sure what shade to get him in to pair him with, say, a Dollshe body or a Doll Chateau body. Thank you for any help, and again sorry if I have just missed seeing this info somewhere!

Edit - never mind I just found how the colors correspond to Dollshe. I would love to see more owner pics of this gorgeous guy if anyone wants to share!

4. The original Eloy was cast by Dollshe, and has a Massive Neck. My guy doesn’t fit pretty much any body I have. He was designed for the 5th motif timeless body, so he’s just a big doll. Reese unveiled a new smaller Eloy in her insta today, intended for her bodies, and he’ll be cast by DCS, which I don’t know about the matches for. By some crazy happenstance, I have twigling resin from basically all her casters except DCS yet.

5. @Chameleon

Thank you so much for your reply! I guess I’ll wait until Eloy is released on one of her bodies with the smaller head - I’m excited to see the new body design she says she’s working on!

6. As am I! As it stands, I have every torso/leg combination she has, and almost all the busts. I love Twigling so much. Once there’s also the androgynous body, I might have to hop one of the gamines over to it, because right now their character is on the long torso/long thigh/a bust, but if I like the new body better...

7. Oh she's working on a more androgynous body? Oooh that's exciting. I was looking at getting a flat chested (A bust) body for one of my floating heads, but that's not on the cards for a while. Guess I have time to wait and see what this new body will look like!

8. Out of curiosity @Chameleon what's the best combo, for you? (I mean: long legs, short hip and son on) I really cannot decide XD

9. Androgynous body would be a wonderful addition even to the doll hobby as a whole. Bless

10. That’s hard! My go to is short torso, long thigh, but (because 3 of my girls are preordered still) this is my first time seeing the long torso, and it’s winning me over. I also really like the B bust, which currently is the only one any of my secondhand dolls cane with, but I’ll soon have a and c to compare to.

11. @Chameleon it's really hard XD Is the obsidian doll pictured in the page long torso - long thight?

12. She looks like B Bust, short torso, long thigh! I recently got a long torso girl though!

13. @Chameleon I kinda want to buy every piece. I mean, I wouln't mind if it was a white skin (I could buy another piece during another preorder), but this a one time only obsidian, I don't want to screw things up...

14. it's probably not. Twigling did a "one time" obsidian run of Ingenue years ago. It was supposed to be the only opportunity to get a Twigling doll in obsidian black resin, until she changed her mind. It might be another 4-5 years before she does it again, but at this point I suspect she probably will

15. @Girrl yeah but who knows where I'm gonna be in 5 years, mmm.

She posted the shrinked Eloy! So cute!

Login • Instagram

16. I get that completely. I ordered my girl already in what’s probably my favourite configuration (Elbe/b bust/short torso/long thigh) and a second head, but for me, the challenge is heads! I’m still wondering if I’m going to order some more heads (ingenue/sa ingenue are always so tempting)

17. @Chameleon Ohhhh the heads, yeah, I want Eloy, Elbe, Gamine and Ingenue. But should I buy them all? I will go over 1000 euro LOL I have to find a compromise XD So hard. Too hard. I will wait till December, can't really decide now.

18. That’s so fair. I personally think I’m going to stop myself after my next head order, for now, and then see what I can learn about permanent colour changing. I’m pretty good with dye, but I’m testing out some paints I’ve seen going around soon!

19. @Chameleon I think after the Obsidian order, I will see if Merrydollround will open a pre-order for a complete doll, but after that I will stop buying for a very loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. And maybe I will sell something. I think I have too much XD

Do you have already a project in your mind for the obsidian twigling? With the dye and everything?

20. MDR has a Zuri preorder launching Tuesday, which is going to destroy me. My obsidian girl might be getting a head that was not originally obsidian (OG ingenue, and I did manage to find one, luckily enough!) The Dyemore appears to have really prominent overtones that won't match, so I'm testing out a sandable Tamiya acrylic that I picked up the other day. My first colour change experiment is going to be with a spare withdoll body I'm trying to get to the right shade of grey to match a dollshe girl, but if that works, I might use that to recolour my ingenue. My obsidian girl is going to get probably some light coloured tattoo work, but I'm still debating who she's going to be as a character and that's really going to dictate how she turns out!