1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Twigling Doll Discussion ~ Part 3

Aug 1, 2015

1. I know that plenty of people have found jointed hands that work with their twiglings, but has anyone found some that match or are a close-ish match to the vivid resin?

2. Haru vivid or DCS vivid? They appear quite different in the couple photos I’ve seen of new (dcs) vivid compared to my older vivid doll.

3. The DCS vivid; I just got her new from Twigling this year.

4. Nice! I don’t have a vivid head yet, but I’m ordering one soon. Visually, it looks like a light, warmer tan, so I’m thinking it might match some batches of Soom tawny (I’m really hoping to match that, at least). I think DFH makes jointed hands too, and if so, they do custom colours.

5. I've been looking at the pre-order for Oryx, but I am having trouble finding a clear picture of what "sienna tan" is. The website links to this instagram post with a bunch of different colors that could be sienna tan. Is it similar to the "caramel tan" here: Haru Resin Colours & A.K.t. standards | twigling ? I tried looking on fb and instagram and I'm stumped.

#845 Riverboat, Nov 16, 2020
      Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    6. We all are, honestly. @twigling has acknowledged that she needs to update her website with more/better/clearer/any recent information about her resin colors, but has not yet done so. I've been meaning to order a body for ages, but the extra step of having to email her to get clarification about what resin colors she's actually using has so far prevented me from doing so. Other doll artists/companies with clearer information keep getting my money instead...

7. Sienna is the lighter of the two tan shades here (raw umber, which was limited is the darker one). I checked this with Reese when I last ordered, because I’m going to be trying to match a head to another body.

Also @Girrl I agree, it’s been pretty difficult with the change in casters to know what colour the resin is, and I’m glad they’re fixing it on the site. I’ve had to clarify what a few colours were, so if you’d like a hand at all, you’re always welcome to ask. I think I can pretty much identify all the standard colours by now.. I also own the white and the mint green (which is available on request) in case seeing either helps!

8. Sighthound lady on YouTube has an amazing collection of twiglings and she just got a sienna tan oryx and did a box opening video on her you should check it out. Hope this helps to me it looks more orange than the other browns and tans do.

9. Thank you all so much! I was sort of hoping for an color in between vivid and sienna tan, so I'll have to think on this a bit.

I also emailed Reese and got this reply:

In this photo, vivid is top row far right (#4), and sienna tan is #7, second row third from left.
      In this photo, vivid is the lighter tan colour, and sienna is to the right of the frame, the darker brown is raw umber and the black is Obsidian.
      In this photo, vivid is the more "orange" colour.
      In this photo, the brown at the far end is sienna tan.
      Here, sienna tan in the middle and raw umber at the far end.

10. I love these production shots. All the potential of dolls-to-come stirs my creative juices!

11. When mine comes home from the spa, I can take comparison photos with my Soom boy if you'd like! I hadn't considered Soom, and somehow forgot that they do sometimes make jointed hands in colors other than NS.

12. That would be fantastic!!

13. She’s definitely short torso, long legs. The short torso is a lot curvier, versus the long torso is has some abs to it! I could get you a picture of the two together if you’d like. (I have long torso/long leg, short torso/long leg, and long torso/short leg.

14. [​IMG]Twigling bodies by Indifferent Red, on Flickr

[​IMG]Twigling bodies by Indifferent Red, on Flickr

a-bust, long torso, long thigh Gamine, then b-bust, short torso, long thigh ingenue, then b-buse, long torso, short thigh gamine. Ingenue is actually the tallest because of her head, but you can see there’s ~1cm of difference in their shoulder heights! I unfortunately only have a and b busts, but I have a c coming in on my next order. If you want owner pics of heads that aren’t ingenue and gamine, I have more ingenues because I’m an addict, but also a blank pieta and a blank Elbe!

15. they are beautiful @Chameleon! Any tips on good corsets/shorts/skirts that would fit a short/short girl? I love your Gamines outfit!! (Elbe spam welcomed as I have one on order)

16. @Chameleon ohhhh they are all so beautiful! Thank you so much! I really like the B doll body.

Let me see your heads!

Also, what are your favourite hands?

17. My gamine is an an approximately sd16 outfit a friend made!! As for short/short, I'll know better when I have one. I go for dresses or very stretchy garments, and the b bust for sure fits sd16 tops. I will be trying out EIDf pants, becasue their hips fit not high so far!

So far, I prefer the original, though the long nail ones are growing on me! the fingers on the long nail are longer, so I got a pair for a really big doll as a hybrid project, and I like the way they're looking on her. And heads coming up! I can never resist showing off!

18. @Chameleon hope you are not taking any picture.

This pre-order is not for me apparently.

I went to order and now the doll costs 1200 euro. I guess I missed the discount period? So sad and also mad.