1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Twigling Minigenue Discussion Thread

Aug 21, 2016

1. She'll be painted by Vitta Vera who kindly agreed to work on a doll that dark! Mainly opted for her cause she also does tattoos and for once I wanted a doll come home done and not have various parts in various countries xD

2. Oooh, nice! Her face-ups are gorgeous, so your doll's going to look so great! :D It's also great she'll have tattoos! I look forward to seeing them.

I think I might wait for Pearls of Danube to open again and try to nab a slot...

3. OOOh, a Pearls of Danube face-up would be super stunning on your girl!

4. Yeah, I'm thinking so too! And at least a year ago she used a different sealant than MSC for very dark resin, so one avoids frosting.

5. Oh hey, I didn't realise there was a Minigenue thread! Awesome! :3nodding:

She looks gorgeous! I love the colours in this photo, they're so warm and rich. And those fiery eyes look beautiful against her skintone.

Wow, that wig is stunning! - I'd imagine it took a while to make. What kind of material is it made from?
      And more gorgeous orange eyes against the dark skin; definitely a striking combination.

I hear both of you about faceups on dark coloured skin; I'm waiting on a Minigenue in the black resin and I don't quite know how to approach doing her faceup. It all depends on how well Games Workshop Purity Seal sealant works against the black resin.
      Heck, I might just decide keep her blank since the sculpt looks gorgeous as is.

6. Ahh, thank you so much <3 The braids took quite a while when I did make them yes (I usually can make about 20 braids an hour, but these gradient ones take about twice as long), but I've had them laying around for about a year. I originally braided them for an Oakbottom Beechkiss I had on pre-order, but then there were complications and that doll couldn't be cast, so I saved them for any future doll. They're made from alpaca fibre.

I've used Purity Seal on super dark dolls with good results, so unless they've changed the formula it works great. Doesn't whiten or cloud at all. I'm just really crap at face-ups, so even though I own the materials I can't paint her as well as I'd prefer. The sculpt does look amazing as is though, and I myself want a rather simple face-up for mine. But I want her to have one at least :P

I look forward to seeing how you'll style yours!

7. Can anyone please tell me the under bust measurement on their Minigenue, please? Like the bra strap measurement...

8. Sorry for the late reply. I just measured, and it's 16,0cm :)

9. Oh, awesome, thank you so much! Any chance you could also measure the rise of her nipple? That is, the height from the bra strap to the point of the nipple. I didn't realize that my seamstress needed that as well. ^_^;

My girl should be home in a few weeks (she was just shipped from Haru to Twigling last week) and I'm trying to get some clothes ready for her. ^_^

10. No prob. 1,8cm :) You mean from the strap underneath her breasts, not the ones holding the bra onto her shoulders, right?

Oooh, sounds exciting! I look forward to seeing her when you receive her!

11. Yes, thank you! ^_^ You rock. And I will definitely be posting pictures. :3

12. Received my light tan girl yesterday!

Here is a comparison pic with aGatti Daniele and a FairyLine body:

[​IMG]IMG_4117 by t4124, on Flickr

I am currently sueding her hips and knees, as recommended. Hope to post more pics afterward :)

13. What a lovely color! And I like how she looks next to the agatti!

14. I had quite a bit of trouble with her hips and knees until I sueded her, now she holds poses great. :)

[​IMG]IMG_4284 by t4124, on Flickr

15. aha! was gonna ask how you got her to stand at ease - mine arrived mid-week and seems to be hung up on practicing her yoga tree pose. ^^

16. Congrats on your arrival :)

Yeah, I couldn't even get mine to stand when leaning against something, her legs would buckle. I barely got the comparison picture with the aGatti before she crumpled. ^^;

I sueded every socket large enough to accommodate it with leather, and others with hot glue.

I also added a hot glue ridge to the backs of her knee peanuts to act as a lock. I'm not sure it was necessary, but her legs do stay straight now. :)

17. oh wow. that's a lot of sueding. the knee joint did look like it could use more grip. I was wondering about adding epoxy notches - sounds like hot glue ridge is a great and better idea! thanks for sharing your method! :D this is going to be fun learning for me :sweat

18. I just receive my minigenue, and I love her!!!! She is so perfect <3 she poses really well <3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love her <3

19. @Lucilia ... Absolute pure Joy!!!! These pics are wonderful to see, the poses are great. Plus the wig choices really suit her. Can I ask about the long straight one with horns? How are the horns affixed to the wig / headband ?
      I missed out on ordering this mini Twigling, but I will most definitely be waiting for the next mini pre-order, thanks for sharing these great pics. Congrats

20. @Lucilia She is gorgeous, love the way you've styled her!

How did you get her legs to stay straight? Did you have to suede yours??

Tags: