1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

TWO.S.Doll Discussion

May 11, 2010

1. Good to know! I didn't even know they had an owner's gallery. :) They have a few of the TwoS girls on there in fun coloured wigs!

2. I've got a Two.S body on layaway from MoC and was wandering what current owners think of the body's posibility? Are there any quirks that you feel need to be fixed with sueding and/or wiring?

3. The chest joint. Mine poses just awful because the bottom torso extends so far, but Kim in Mo has a sueded Dorean and it poses much, much better. The knees can be kind of floppy at times too. Other than that, it's a great doll. Congrats! :)

4. Thanks, stacia!:D Luckily, I just bought some extra glue sticks, so I'll be ready when she arrives.>xD

5. I actually didn't suede the chest joint on my Dorean or Mayi, but I did play with it and now it moves better than it did. I glue sueded the knees, hips, and shoulders. Dorean couldn't stand up straight when I first got her - she would fall foward at the hips, but Mayi didn't have the same problem. Overall, they are well strung and have good mobility. Glue sueding makes them move really well though.

I think the only thing I'd like to see changed is the knee joint. At one time, I thought I'd like mobility joints in the upper thigh, but they have a great inner thigh muscular detail that would be wrecked by that addition. I would love to see them do another torso that is a bit smaller too.

I love my Two.S.Girls! :)

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

6. Kim in Mo your girls are so pretty!:D Have you found particular companies' clothes that fit them really well?

7. Thank you Kimchi! :)

They are quite slim, so most clothing made for the SD10/13 size is a bit loose, but they look good in everything they wear. I imagine they'd fit Musedoll clothing the best, but I don't have any to try. I was able to squeeze them into a Madame Alexander Cissy outfit seen in the pics on the 3rd page. It's the black velvet coat outfit. :)

A couple more pics in different outfits.

I was told this sweater dress was MSD size, but.....it fits
      [​IMG]
      Nine Style SD
      [​IMG]

8. Kim in Mo, I bet you're right about Musedoll clothes fitting them. I think I'll stick to dresses for my girl and just tie some pretty ribbon around her waist when I need a better fit (kind of like a belt).:)

9. I got a slim mini dress at a meet and it fits like a tight shirt. They are pretty thin. XD Kim that blue wig is so cute!!

10. stacia, that's interesting! Maybe I'll have to try my mini girl's clothes on my Two.S when she arrives.>_>

I am curious, though: since my girl will be a hybrid, can I post pictures of her in this thread? I always get confused over which threads hybrids are considered "on-topic" in.><

11. I'm pretty sure you can post them if the head is Two S, even if the body isn't? I'm not sure if you can post the reverse though. For instance, I've seen Unoas on minifee bodies in the unoa thread, but not in the minifee thread.

12. Well, my girl doesn't have a Two.S.Doll head but she does have a Two.S body. So, I thought I'd share my thoughts on the body so far for anyone considering purchasing one of these dolls. I figured the discussion thread is as good a place as any.:)

I'd like to start out with what I liked about the body.
      • Bust joint - Unlike a waist joint, the bust joint doesn't interrupt the flow of the body. I recommend sueding this joint since it is a bit tough to pose out of the box.
      • Waist & hips - Beautiful and slender, but with fuller hips for a curvier figure. Great if you're not fond of the big-boobs-small-hips Barbie look.
      • Neck thickness - Initially, I didn't like how thick the neck was. However, I think it works wonderfully if you want your doll to have a more realistic look.
      • Legs - Great attention to detail in the thighs. Also, suwarriko (sp?) posing is possible.
      • Elbows - Double-jointed for greater posing options.
      Now I'll explore some of the cons of the body.
      • Hands and feet - The hands are not fully finished with a lot of resin between fingers. This gives a webbed appearance when viewed closely. The feet are an odd shape and curve in rather than out at the middle.
      • Stringing - My girl's body arrived strung way too tightly. When I took her apart, I found resin dust had been generated between some of the joints due to rubbing.
      • Bust size - There is only one bust size at the moment for Two.S bodies - LARGE. If you like your girl dolls busty, great! If you like them small or in between, you'll need to consider modification.
      • Elbows - While they are double jointed, they still do not allow the doll to easily touch her face.
      Overall opinion: I think this is a wonderful body for a start-up company. The price is also a steal for a 1/3 doll. There are improvements that could be made, but overall I'm very happy with my purchase.:) I'd love to see different hand molds and high-heel feet in the future.

13. I got the message yesterday that my Vivi is on her way from Two.S to MOC. I'll post pics when she arrives!! :)

14. Vivi is home!!!!!!!!

Pics to follow, but first......NEW HANDS!!! She has delicate, curved fingers with nice nails! Some of her fingers are together, some seperated.

15. Here she is!

Have I already said I love Two.S.Dolls?

Hands!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

I think she is SOOO pretty! :)
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

She's got the cutest nose! :)
      [​IMG]

16. Oh WOW!!! She's gorgeous!! I love her huge eyes and elfish nose augh!! Are her hands curved enough to hold things?

17. It IS an elfish nose! :) Big eyes, kissy lips and an elf nose.... no wonder she's so cute!

Her hands are curved enough that she can kinda hold a purse, but she'd still need a little help. While I love the new hands, I am a bit worried that they are more fragile now. Her right hand has al fingers seperated, so she can wear rings! :)

18. Hi your two.s.dolls are so cute. Is Mayi the first photo and Dorean in the second/Striped shirt?
      Thanks

19. Hi LaurieESW!

If you are referring to my dolls pictured in post #65, then it's actually Dorean in the first picture, and Mayi in the black and white striped shirt.

The Two.S.Dolls are really lovely in person, and the quality is amazing. :)

20. Yes Kim, those are the ones I was refering to. Thanks so much. :)