1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Types of clothes (and other BJD stuff) that you JUST CAN'T FIND ANYWHERE!!

Jun 15, 2011

1. I'd like to see more casual clothes like one would see at the mall store. My MSD is supposed to be a "gyaru girl" not a SUPER KAWAII DESU LOLITA CHAN. -_- I've made do with what I can find, but it's still not the same. Maybe some hip hop style clothes like BAPE would be cute too:)

For my pukifee, I want some brightly colored, fun clothes. All I can find are sweet pastels and ruffles, and my baby likes neon colors and fun things and loathes pastels! >.<

2. I really need rockabilly clothes for boys/men and it's ridiculously hard to find in any size. Pinup/rockabilly style stuff for the girls is easier to come by, but honestly I'd like to see more of that too!

And I totally agree with wanting more mature options for MSD size, more casual clothes for Yo's, and the desire for true non-costumey suits and formal wear in all sizes. <3

3. I agree with more rockabilly clothes and shoes. I would love to see more normal clothes for MSD and street wear and hip hop styles. I am interested in more funky retro clothes with matching shoes. It's hard to find shoes that aren't gothic or lolli.

4. The only thing I can really think of off hand that I really want/want to see is work uniforms. I'm personally looking to find out how to make or find a 1/3 replica of the Auntie Anne's teeshirt I wear to work, and I'd love to see other sorts of work clothes to give characters from this era a fuller backstory.

5. More Fairy Kei and harajuku and that kind of style. I love that look! And since I can't (or won't) dress myself like that, I'd love to dress the bjd like that.

6. Women's business suits and dress suits. Classy, sleek, and understated. We have an increasing selection of mature-looking female dolls in the 65+cm range, but I think the clothing offerings for them have yet to catch up. XD; Unless I just haven't looked in the right places yet? So far I've only encountered a few Dollmore Model-sized options and this limited outfit for EID women.

7. I am searching for a pretty normal jeans without anything special on it. No skinny type, and no bell-bottom. Just plain old worker style. You would not believe how difficult this seems.

And normal shoes. No platforms and no sneakers.

And really nice riding boots, as real riders use them. These do not not exist at all. There are some higher ones, yes. But not even remotely something like that:
      http://reitstiefel-kempkens.de/inde...=detail&warengruppe=Grand_Prix&artnr=23454556

8. Oh, I would love this so much. In particular, I would like to see stylish, professional looking suits for female dolls. Something that's not over the top, ostentatious or "costumey."

9. I've been trying to find an outfit, any outfit at this point, in white and powder blue. It seems like all the white stuff is either all white, off white, white and pink, or white and black. I haven't been able to find anything in powder blue at all.

10. I definately want to find some really awesome steampunk outfits for my girl. Its a shame that people don't think about making such clothes for BJDs because Im sure they would sell really well.

11. For me there are also not enough Steampunk outfits to find. I also never find any Ninja clothes for Yo-SD size and ancient Samurai outfits for SD17/13/EID :(

12. Well made evening shoes for heel feet [ sd16 girl ]. I find only cheapish shoes, definitely not suitable for haute couture dresses which I took for my Lilith :|

13. I would love to find a MSD sized pocket watch that looks real, but does not have to work.

And I have also searched for a Japanese Katana for MSD, and am having trouble finding one. I guess I will have to get the measurements on a life sized one and convert them to MSD size so I will know exactly if it will be in scale. The swords I have researched so far (letter openers) are the right length, but way too thick! The doll's hands can't even go around the hilt. I know Ringdoll has one, but I'm going to wait until they get their orders all caught up.

14. This, emphatically this. I've found it to be especially difficult for MSD sized dolls, even the age appropriate wear (I would not feel comfortable putting a doll with ta-ta's the size of my MNF or RS girls in children's clothing) is nearly always casual.

15. Swords and Armor Dresses. The sword I have for Kihona is practically a letter opener and its too small for her.

Armor Dresses, I can't find them at all. I mean there's Saber's outfit, but I want a unique one for Kihona. hopefully there's someone in the marketplace that can do that. I love Lenneth's (Valkyrie Profile) armor, dang that's beautiful.

16. How well I can understand you. I found a sword for my boy, but armour itself is a problem. I really liked Iplehouse's Claude armour pieces, and was already prepared to join in a split. To my luck, I compared their head sizes, and Julian's head is 3 cm wider... I guess this cannot be covered by resin.

So I decided to take another road. Anyway I would prefer a full suit of armour. I digged a bit deeper, and a really good armour is exactly fitted to its bearer. Going crazy, I will try to make a Gothic style full suit out of fish tins. This material is well shapeable, and comparatively thin. After all, this thing does not have to take any strikes like real armour.

Right now I am fiddling with the gloves for the gauntlets. It would not be bad to have some ready-made. But alas...you learn always new things in this hobby.

17. This is probably going to sound odd, and hey.. worst case scenario you all shower me with link to prove me wrong.. but I cannot find any normal underwear ANYWHERE.

Nothing lace-y, nothing frilly, nothing leopard print-y, nothing bow-ey.. and (I can't believe I'M saying this) not black! I seem to find black underwear stains a lot.. so basically my kids are commando until I find something..

18. Is this for any particular size? I'm pretty sure I have something in my etsy favourites.. but I'd have to check.

19. Steampunk stuff! I can't find these anywhere. Also, halloween stuff. I think I'm just going to start sewing them myself and hopefully someday, open up a store for commissions. :D