1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Types of clothes (and other BJD stuff) that you JUST CAN'T FIND ANYWHERE!!

Jun 15, 2011

1. I feel like generally, there is a lot more available for 1/3 scale dolls, especially so in the way of more mature clothing. I've seen more variety in the types of clothing, shoes, and props/accessories for 1/3 scale than for smaller scales.
      Of course this is largely in part because the dolls themselves are usually made less mature looking in scales smaller than 1/3, while 1/3 scale is often mature but can still be varied.

2. It's surprisingly hard to find genuinely colorful clothes for 70cm guys! Granted, if you're an actual grown man, it's pretty hard to find colorful clothing too. But you'd think it'd be easier to find blue dress shirts, or a green coat, or...just something that's not black or white?

3. Classic adult pajama's and robes for male dolls. I would love to find a pair of tailored pajama's and a coordinating robe for my boys. Would also love to find hats other than beanies and caps. A beautiful fedora, bowler, or derby would be amazing.

4. Despite there being so many fantasy dolls and hobbyists who enjoy the high fantasy genre I can never find fantasy/medieval clothes unless they're full sets from the company. I'd love to have some cute faerie and elven clothes for my ever growing pukifee crew.

5. School uniform inspired fashion typical for Azone dolls ( ), but impossible to find for MSDs :(

6. I have been searching for SD17 and SD13 sized Timberland looking shoes. They have shoes in the same kind of color but not really the shape etc :( Would love to see them since they recently have been very popular too.

7. i really reallyy want platform shoes/boots for dolls, especially sd girls :aheartbea i own unif choke boots in real life and i need them for my dollies!

8. Coveralls! The type that mechanics wear are non-existant.

9. I have been looking for an Egyptian throne to fit an Iplehouse Kamau for years. He also wants a pirate ship for Christmas. Greedy dolls!

10. It's incredibly hard to find appropriately scaled 1/3 hats for some reason. I feel like, 90% of the time, they're too darn big! Even some of the fancier dolly tailors have this issue with top hats and so on.

I'd also love a wider variety of modern furniture for my 1/3 scale crew. I've managed to grab some Victorian style stuff (which is beautiful and great for my vampire dolls) but it doesn't work for the dolls that 'live' in current times. Give me a matching 1/3 sofa, chair, and coffee table that look like they were designed in the last 10 years and I'd be thrilled.

11. - fantasy/medieval/futuristic/steampunk/gothic/punk/elegant clothes for YOSDs... I can barely find any! Mostly it's all regular or Lolita clothing. (which I want too, but I want more then that, I like all styles!)
      - Pants for YOSDs with slightly wider hips... More companies are making them with wider hips, but no one is making pants for them! xD
      - YOSD male underwear... I can't seem to find any that isn't more feminine... and while that's fine, I don't think my little dude is going to want them.
      -More t-shirts/hoodies (like with fake bands/games/logos)
      For these it's not a huge deal as I'm working to learn to make clothing myself, so I can do it as I get better... and for the t shirts/hoodies and can draw my own pictures and do iron on stuff... but I am surprised to see such a limited selection.

- YOSD glasses with lenses... and even without there isn't much to pick from... I want some little glasses!
      - YOSD Sneakers that are not just the cloth sneakers. I want actual small sneakers like I have... but I know that would be hard to make... xD
      These I just have to hope someone will make/I can find some day!xD

12. High quality fantasy stuff for MSD boys that don't have those bubble shorts! I like them alright, but it feels like every nice set I found had those kind of shorts. I'd also like to see more legit, high quality lolita dresses like some of the stuff DESERS has made (how I wish their whole site wasn't sold out). A lot of the things I've found that are labeled lolita aren't or just look really cheap/bad.

13. Eleven/Fanatasy style clothes in the sizes I need them in! I always have a hard time looking for shoes that would actually suit my doll's character, the search is never ending it seems.

14. I recently got a DC Ada and finding shoes and wigs and eyes for her is kind of a pain lol, she's so tiny and oddly shaped compared to other dolls of her height. I'll have to get really creative with my knitting and sewing projects... I know azone picco neemo shoes fit her, but even then they're kinda limited to basic plastic mary janes. Not that they're not cute, just not what I'm looking for.
      I guess I'd rather have more clothes for oddly shaped bjds, but I don't think it will happen soon lol

15. I can't even think of the name of the style, or how to describe it in words, but I've been looking around for a sleeveless top for a 70cm boy like this for AGES:
      [​IMG]
      Beside that, here are some others I've been looking for:
      -leather tops (either like something out of Zena: Warrior Princess or dominatrix-like) that are sleeveless, with or without corset-like stitching (front or back) that isn't part of a complete set (separates please!)
      -masculine roman style sandals (strapped up the legs)
      -girls casual separates (skirts, shirts, etc) fit for Impldoll Star body (usually have better luck finding the same for smaller 1/3 scale girls clothes)
      -more androgynous/less feminine girl's clothes, especially dresses. (I like simpler design, simple line and pattern free garments)

I'm sure I could come up with a laundry list of stuff I'd like but have had a hard time finding:XD:.

16. Realistic everyday wear is kind of rare. Modern clothes too. A sleek pantsuit, cocktail dress, etc.

17. Wig companies that make pigtail wigs (with the front to back hair part) that also sell hair for wig making. (Leeke is the only one I can find that does this and they never have the different pieces I want in stock at the same time :...( )

18. Fantasy clothing, especially for minis. Mini pretty much anything that isn't girly/poofy pants. -_- 6/7 and 8/9 wigs that aren't girly. 5/6 wigs that aren't little kids styles. Anything at all that fits an Orientdoll Dae-size male lol.

19. Unisex clothes. I can't find any that reads it or, preferably, genderless. I have to now make my android their own clothes.

20. I would love to have MSD/MNF props, particularly weapons, wands (similar to those used by magical girls like Sailor Moon), and staffs. I'd also like to see Magical Girl types outfits that aren't lolita or from a company fullset. Shoes that fit MNF that aren't from fairyland, like the heeled boots from the Ria fullset, those would be awesome.