1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Types of clothes you prefer?

May 5, 2017

1. I love modern clothes but I have a bad habit of leaving my dolls in "warm" clothes like sweaters/hoodies year round.

2. Depends on the dolls and the story they belong in.

Luchsia's cast all come from a steampunk post-apocalyptic future, Hellgate is set in a fictional version of the 1800s, Nameless Chronicle is pure fantasy, and No Man's Land and 404 are both modern, although 404 has a slight futuristic twist to it. (very slight). In other words, across five stories I cover the entire spectrum of historical, modern and fantasy (somehow...)

3. I like modern casual clothing because my dolls live in a modern world. I've never enjoyed history or fantasy worlds so I didn't go for those things. As for fancy stuff, most of it feels too much like the porcelain dolls or princess barbies I owned as a kid. I do have some formal wear for them, but I rarely use it due to being afraid of wrecking an expensive suit accidentally or just feeling like my dolls wouldn't be comfortable.

Give me jeans, tshirts, hoodies, leggings, tank tops, skater skirts and more! I'm still picky about it, especially the jeans. Details are important.

4. I prefer fantasy outfits and dress clothes on most of my dolls. I have two "human" dolls that get to wear more casual clothing, though :)

5. i like more contemporary clothing! colorful ones with lots of accessories ^__^ most of what i buy for my dolls is stuff that i would wear if it were scaled up.

6. I like a little bit of everything, but tend to lean towards girly dresses for most of my dolls. I especially love 1900's - 1940's children's clothes and am working on making complete wardrobes in a couple of different time periods.

7. I like all kinds of clothes, but if I had to choose one it'd be ethnic/traditional outfits like the Chinese Hanfu, Korean Hanbok, Japanese Kariginu and so on. I'm a sucker for those stuff and their props. I also like cute, frilly, Lolita or Mori-style outfits for my little ones, and Steampunk too, though I don't have a Steampunk-based character yet. Cosplay outfits maybe, like Sephiroth's LOL. I think some outfits are works of art of their own. I guess my tastes are very varied. As long as they are aesthetically pleasing, I like them all, even if they are bad news for my wallet LOL :lol:

#27 Galileo, May 9, 2017
      Last edited: May 9, 2017
    8. The stranger and more far out, the better. I want gemstones and feathers and tulle, I want twisted wire and braids and embroidered silk ribbons. I'm lucky that I know how to make most of what I want, because otherwise I'm not sure I would ever find it (or at least, not in my price range!).

I also like clothing and accessories that are made out of other objects. Old books, leaves, flowers, sticks I find in the woods, reclaimed leather and fur, that sort of thing.

9. For me, it depends on which doll they are for. Half my dolls prefer modern clothes and the others are all about fantasy!

10. My story takes place in a dystopian future, so I don't really have to adhere to any particular time period. That being said, I try to stick to clothes that look like they're from the late 1800s to the 1940s with a modern twist.

11. one of my girls is into korean fashion while the other is into frilly and girly outfits. they are both modern girls

12. I really love fancy dressed with lace eeep
      They can be either trafitional or modern.
      Mostly because i only have female dolls yet
      Frills are also a plus ~
      Tulle is one of my fav fabrics
      And wonderful to work with :D

13. I have a tiny BJD and love her cute little dresses

14. I like fantasy styles, and different traditional Asian clothes. I've seen both kimonos and hanfus I thought were gorgeous.

Basically, stuff I could never look good in.

15. I love fantasy and adventuring clothes, preferably with a Victorian feel. Steampunk makes me happy. I don't do a lot of modern as that's what I wear and it doesn't seem special enough.

16. I really love fancy Renaissance clothing and I feel like dolls look so good in lace :)

17. I prefer getting japanese style clothing for my doll. It's mostly because of the way my doll looks (I don't have her yet, she's still in the making). I also admire suits, long coats, fantasy stuff and very detailed and fancy victorian dresses. :)

18. Modern fashion for my boy Sage, and frilly/pastel/lolita for my girl Momo!
      I love a lot of different styles, but I don't think my boy Sage would look good in anything other than modern clothes! He's just not a fancy looking doll.

19. Modern casual clothes. All of my characters live in a modern era Earth (technically a few hundred years into the future).

20. For me it depends on the doll!

I've always had an interest in the many varying styles of fashion from around the world, street fashion in particular. Unfortunately my budget and closet only allowed me to pick one (so I ended up going with lolita, haha) and so having dolls with such varying personalities is really exciting for me because it allows me to play with the fashion elements I love in so many other styles while also still having room for them and not having to wear them myself! :'D

I don't like to have more than one doll who wears a particular type of fashion, though they don't always have to wear the same style of clothing. I like them to have a variety of styles to wear that all fall in the same vein of their general aesthetic, I think it makes them a bit more realistic.

Among the styles my dolls currently own there is mori girl, hime gyaru, soft grunge/punk, and boho. I have plans for dolls in the near future who will wear styles like 90s fashion, lolita fashion, and post-apocalyptic neon... Stuff! 8D I think it's so much fun!