1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Types of clothes you prefer?

May 5, 2017

1. I really like all kinds of clothes to fit different kinds of dolls.

I like most of my male dolls (70cm) to wear suits because it makes them look handsome.

My kid dolls (26cm to 45cm) wear casual clothing.

My female dolls wear different types of elegant dresses.

And my vampire dolls can get away with Edwardian style clothing. :lol:

2. For me, it depends on my doll's "personality". My April Story adult female is as totally awesome in period costumes (Victorian or Italian Renaissance) as she is in modern gowns. My Delf Baby likes to play outside and garden, so she has several coveralls, blouses, and shorts. I haven't had my smallest girl long enough to figure out her personality yet, so she's sitting on a shelf in a hand-me-down t-shirt waiting to express herself. She'll begin to talk to me soon and then I'll know what to make her.

3. i really like the "Lolita" style <3

4. I agree with you, this is exactly how I feel LOL :)

5. This! I looooove suits on men, so definitely suits for the main wear of my guy. <3

6. I am right there with you! There is something sharp and classy about a person wearing a nice shape-fitting suit.

7. Right? Just yes please! All suit all day long!

8. Not for me - especially modern suits which all look like they don't fit right because the waist is too low slung on the trousers (and looks even worse with a waistcoat that is too short to hide the waistband of the trousers and often has half a yard of shirt showing)... Ugh! {shudder!} I think men's clothes in generall becalme dull and boring after about 1840 - there are a few notable exc eptions, but they're few and far between. This is probably why so few of my dolls are dressed modern and even fewer of those ones are boys.

Teddy

9. A majority of my dolls wear what I think of as modern dressy-casual clothes. The ones that aren't are either in a type of Japanese street fashion ( Mori, Gyaru, Lolita ) or they are wearing something more formal.

I love mixing and matching their clothing, so none of them have a set style so far :XD:

10. While I personally love the elegant look of tailored black suits on the men and women who don them, I fully understand that they're not going to be everyone's favorite style either, and that is fine by me. It's ok to disagree.

That being said, your opinion reminds me of my college professor's opinion. She was a costume designer and the class was titled History of Costume Design. She was fascinated by the more elaborate dress of the pre-1840 dandy, including the makeup they wore and their mannerisms.

While I do admire the splendor of the more exuberant Dandies, it is definitely a little too vibrant a style for me and my dolls. ;)

11. formal clothes, uniform, or Japanese like clothes ;)

12. I like bows and gathers, but the clothes must be soft to look at I'd love to make accurate historical outfits, but the layers required is daunting!

13. I prefer modern and casual clothing and shoes for her doll. The quality of workmanship must be very high.

14. typically gothic, or fantasy style clothes, things with small details or metal parts and buttons that would be too hard to make yourself

15. I am currently into velvet so I have two suits made for my boys for formal occasions or whenever I feel 'formal', I guess. I also like Korean street style fashion so I planning some for my boys as well for more casual style.

I am also hoping for traditional Japanese and Korean clothing if I ever have the money for them since they are super expensive. The craftmanship for those types of traditional clothing always amazes me.

16. I mostly like fantasy styles and traditional Asian clothes, though I have a soft spot for anything dapper. Comfy casual clothing can also look adorable!

17. I think it depends on the style of character of your doll. I love fantasy/historical style clothes with heaps of accessories, but sometimes modern clothing can make dolls look less doll-like and more like little people.

18. It depends on the style of the dolls. For my first girl Aida, I needed her to have a medievalish style and to be honest, I really love it, but for my girl Caelan, she needs contemporary modern clothes and slightly witchy ones as well.

19. Like some others: nothing, but then again, everything. In other words: it depend on the character i create.

20. personally preferred traditional clothing but with tight budget, I go for modern for now ><