1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Types of clothes you prefer?

May 5, 2017

1. Classic "timeless" clothing. Featureless black pants/leggings/stockings with a black turtleneck is my go-to. I'm sure my style will develop as I get more dolls with different characters, but for right now it's all black with as few details as possible for simplicity's sake.

2. It depends on the size of the dolls. Most of my MSD sized dolls are in casual clothing, Yo-SD seem to be in either frilly or girly clothes (don't have any boys in this size) but SD size are all fancy black tie type evening gown or tux. Tinies are all super casual, every day type clothes. And I have an occasional doll outside those typical fashions in each size that are in fantasy/elf type clothes

3. I really like Mori style. I also like some edgier styles like leather pants and crop tops.

4. A lot of my dolls are fantasy related but I still prefer to see them in casual modern clothes. In my head it's more like they're acting once they don the fantasy clothes and are merely playing a role temporarily.

5. I like fantasy and casual clothing as well as appropriate historical clothing. I don’t really like Lolita clothing or like super gothic clothing, but I understand why people go for those options. Sometimes the modern doll clothes are so cute and I wish they made it in my size lol

6. There are so many styles that I love...it makes it really hard to decide on outfits. I love cute pastels, and sweaters, but then I also really love fantasy inspired designs. Samurai outfits are one of my weaknesses though. The only thing I don't think I'd personally want to make my dolls wear would be just really simple outfits. I prefer more complicated designs for my boys.

7. I like garments that fall under the lolita and preppy category!

8. What does Mori style mean? I’ve seen it a couple times. I know “Mori” is forest in Japanese, is it related to that?

9. i actully make my own clothing :) i studyed fashion so im quite good at it i made more emo gothy sorts of clothing for my ftmh doll (tall monster high doll as i dont own a bjd yet) but with the styles i loove pastel decora sort of styles they are just so gorgeous <3

10. I prefer my kids to wear normal daily clothes, the cos or the ancient Chinese style dresses. They don't wear Lolita or sleep over clothes that often but the cloth they wear is my actually style of cloth.

11. I like the Asian traditional clothing, Victorian, and maybe some cosplay. I guess it's all more of a fantasy theme than anything. Not sure why because I love the look of dolls in normal clothing but never seem to get any for mine.

12. big poofy skirts & ruffles... they are my fave. ><

13. I prefer modern style cloths more, although I also love kimono and hanfu as well. But it is just much easier to mix and match modern style cloths

14. There are some modern clothes I like depending on the doll it would go on it could be like jeans and a cool shirt with necklaces and bracelets or fancy suits. Most of the clothes I like for any doll are either costume type stuff or styles, like goth, steampunk etc. I love fancy historical looking pieces, no specific style or country. Its more about color and and the doll it would be on. I also love fantasy type clothing, elaborate royal outfits or rangers or mages with accessories like staves, spears, bows, wands and armor. Probably my favorite aside from the fantasy outfits are oriental fashions geisha type clothing and robes. I just go crazy for that stuff, espeically if the doll is asian as well. Orijean is a perfect example. I try to get fullsets so I can get the makeup and clothing as well but I'm learning unfortuntately a lot are just used to showcase a mould without being offered to purchase. :(
      [​IMG]

#94 Shikaru, Apr 16, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    15. I prefer clothes that made by fur because I like fluffy and I think these clothes make my doll looks cute.

16. My dolls are characters from the fantasy world, so I try to find them clothes in the suitable style. But they also have some wear in casual style.

17. I am not sure what style I really prefer because in some cases I like the real normal casual style - because you can do much more with your dolls - and sometimes I love the fantasy style like fairies - because they are so beautiful and let me escape to another world.
      So it's hard to explain what is the most loved one for me.

18. I perfer dress, Because most of My dolls are girl.

19. For me, I've always been in love with visual kei clothing styles and a few other "kei"s, such as oshare kei.

20. i like modern clothes for my tiny dolls because they are all kids in my collection, but i like the victorian or nu goth style too.