1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Types of clothes you prefer?

May 5, 2017

1. I'm a mix of modern and fantasy. I don't like the generic t-shirt and jeans look though. There has to be something unique about the clothing to catch my eye.

2. Kimono and Victorian-styling!

3. I love fantasy but in my own stories fantasy tends to be something that creeps into the real world, so most of my dolls are likely to be found in jeans and a sweater. I admire a lot of the more intricate clothing out there but I like mine to look realistic and comfortable.

4. Vintage style

5. I personally like modern daily clothing the best, it makes the dolls seem more connected to reality and closer to me.

6. I quite like a mixture of modern clothing and Victorian outfits. I quite like dolls that reflect real life more realistically but I've always loved Victorian dresses and garments with all their lovely details!

7. It depends on the dolls. My 1:3 size dolls all wear fantasy, or Victorian inspired clothing. Many of the boys' outfits resemble uniforms. This group has a special universe & non of them are human though they look it.

For my 1/4 size, modern clothes often with a kicky, fun twist. They wear a lot of Ellowyne Wilde clothes. The guys are in jeans & fancy shirts.

Finally my 1/6 group wear all sorts of things, from Lolita to Steampunk & everything in between. I love them in little tulle skirts with jersey tops, leggings & sweaters, jeans, ruffled dresses. The sky's the limit. With only 3 of them, they have the most extensive wardrobe per doll.

8. I love seeing other people's dolls in fantasy but I don't know if I would like it. I have never tried. Mine are usually in modern grungy, punk/goth or lolita. I would love to try fantasy one day when I get a doll that feels like they belong in that world.

9. i like lolita type but more cute style clothes for my dollfie dreams especialy my miku

10. Kimono, steampunk or Victorian clothes. I have dolls in mordern clothes but that's not my favorite.

11. It depends on the individual doll for me.
      Jima (DollLeaves Jeremy) is getting a lot of really gothy/punk/emo looking clothing for the most part.
      Autumn (5StarDolls Elaine) is getting a lot more frilly, fancy looking clothes (Other than the outfit I plan on taking her to Disney in) and her main colors seem to be whites, creams and browns.
      While a doll I plan on ordering, Candy (5StarDolls Cindy) is going to be getting a lot of Pastel Goth/Fairy Kei types of outfits.

12. For my dolls that I don't pose/play with too often, I like fantasy-esque dresses that are long and flowy and gorgeous! I don't want to damage their blushing and the outfits since they usually don't have hemmed edges.

For dolls that I do pose/play with on a more frequent manner, I typically like to keep them in skirts with long socks/stockings to protect their legs. These dolls also often go for a more modern aesthetic rather than frilly dresses. (I did just commission a fantasy outfit that has a skirt/leggings, though!)

But overall, I lean towards fantasy clothes rather than modern. Always been attracted to that kind of fashion.

13. Circus aesthetic! All of my dolls will be circus performers. They will dress anywhere from casually, to gothic style, or even just flat out eccentrily while they are off duty but they will have their strange circus uniforms they wear while performing ^^

14. All of my dolls are little girls. I buy them cute little girl outfits. Not the over the top "buttons and bows" types of dresses but sweet dresses that I would put on a daughter if she were a little girl. My girls all think that they look very pretty when they are dressed.

15. Fantasy or historical clothing, most definitely. The only modern clothing I like are various street fashions. I do make the exception for suits though, girl dolls in suits are A+++. I typically want my dolls to wear clothing I can't wear, because I can't or I lack the energy to do so. I leave the jeans and t-shirts to myself. My dolls get to be the ones in fancy and/or cool looking clothing.

16. My human crew all wear nowadays clothing, mostly casual or sporty cause that's what I prefer, even for myself.
      The only exception to that rule are my anthros, all of them have one special outfit due to them coming from other universes.

17. I like my dolls to be dressed in clothing that is current and fashionable for the most part. They all have their own styles that vary wildly, but it's all stuff you could find people wearing in regular life.
      I would like to make them ren faire garb in the near future, but I want it to be their version of ren faire garb. For example, Minerva's (my Impldoll Aurora) gonna do the classic witchy wench garb that would be right at home in the International Wench's Guild and Avery (my Limhwa Elly) is going to go for a historically accurate, late 15th-century Venetian.

18. I believe I have a strong passion with uniform, especially Navy uniform (sailor, navy military, navy school student unifor, etc...)
      I also fall in love with traditional costume, especially Japanese clothings.
      Fantasy style is also my favorite, I admired how CLAMP so much for how they designed the costumes for their manga's characters.

19. I really like realistic Morden clothes but I don't make dressing them up in cosplay sometimes

20. Casuals, hanging out stuff, simple dresses, pajamas. Sometimes holiday themed. If a buy a lot of a particular fabric, everyone has kinda matchy clothes--different pieces, same print.