1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Types of clothes you prefer?

May 5, 2017

1. I prefer lolita style for my girls, and suits for my boys.

2. I prefer modern-style clothing for my dolls.

3. I prefer historical that leans towards fantasy occasionally. I love looking at modern clothes for them, but I always end up sticking with my historical styles.

4. Right now for me it's all about current modern comfortable fashion for my BJDs. And the clothes have to fit well. I'm sure that will change at some point and I'll want to change their fashion to something different.

5. I prefer Visual Kei (Rock band) inspired clothes, 'Prince Charming' fashion, traditional inspired Japanese and fantasy clothes (such as Yokai, angel,...),...etc. :kitty2

6. My dolls currently wear lolita-style, might start a mori wardrobe as well. I like to enjoy styles I can't wear irl through them.

7. I prefer modern style simply because it suits my characters best.

8. I prefer clothes that bring that kind of whimsical fantasy style out. I love fun colors and fabric types. Anything that feels like you've been thrown into a magical world is an A+ in my book.

9. High end gothic lolita clothes like the character spends every red cent she makes all for the love of glorious fashion! :drool

Also Tudor gowns but I have yet to find one regal enough. I love big, full ballgowns and those beautiful long sleeves.

10. I prefer period clothes with my dolls, or uniforms. Since these are the characters I have envisioned them.

11. Anything I can make :XD:

I do enjoy some nice modern clothes. I have a lot of fun making more punk or rocker-y looks, though I've also ended up with a fair amount of more foresty/cottage-looking clothes as well. Those are fun, too.

Alas, Ara is more prep than punk, though Nova would probably work the foresty stuff.

12. My collection has... sort-of a stereotype, I guess you could say? A minor reputation? A notorious tendency?

While I actually do have dolls in everything from EGL and Mori to fantasy-Ancient to pseudo-Victorian to modern business suits, a lot of my gang tend to stay in traditional Asian outfits; about an even blend of Japanese and Chinese styles from various eras, some more historically accurate than others. It's a common-enough style among my crew that it's pretty much what people who know me expect my dolls to be wearing. "Boring weeaboo brats who all look alike" and all that. :lol:

13. I dress all of my dolls in frilly, pastel lolita-styled dresses. Big poofy underskirts, mary-janes, and lots of lace are my go-to's! As another commenter here said, I dress my dolls in the kind of clothes I wish I could wear irl, lol.

14. I prefer ancient style or old style. I personally think modern-style clothing is too close to our lives. I want my dolls have a different style from daily life.

15. A big part of the reason I got into this hobby in the first place was to explore all the fascinating fashion trends I was frankly too old to wear myself.:whee: BJDs gave me a great way to do this, and I’ve had tremendous fun over the years experimenting with everything from Harajuku street styles to full on historic. It’s still one of the things I enjoy most about this wonderful hobby.:)

16. Depending on the personality of the doll. Some I like modern style, some old style. I love Victorian styled dolls.

17. For casual styles, definitely mori fashion
      but for others, fantasy or noble/academia attire!

If you can't wear it well, get your dolls to do it, right? :lol:

18. I have to do what fits with my story and the character's personality, which at this point is more casual modern, for the most part. But I do love the fantasy style stuff, or lolita or basically everything, lol. If it's pretty I want it. Maybe one day the story will get to a point where I can have a more "fancy" outfit or two for each of my dolls, or a doll who has more of a lolita or noble taste.