1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

[ U-noa Quluts] 50cm Brother | Zest / Xyle |

Oct 4, 2012

1. So I recently acquired a alchemic Lab Unoa Brother Zest/Xyle. But he didn’t come with his default eyes. I’m finding that this dolls eye mechanism can’t work with just any old 12mm eyes that have posts. Does anyone know of alternative eyes that will work with these dolls eye mechanisms? Or maybe how to acquire original eyes from Alchemic Labs……

2. Someone in the this thread mentioned that 10mm worked much better, I'll post a link to their post below. I put in10mm eyes for my guys instead because the 12mm were too large to fit. I stopped using the mechanism though because I would get frustrated with keeping eyes aligned. However it does work better with the smaller eyes in my opinion~

https://denofangels.com/posts/11289081/

Comparison (Xyle on left with 12mm, vs my Decadent Xyle and Zest on the right with 10mm).
      [​IMG]

3. Thank u so much. Does the eye mechanism not work very well then? Perhaps I’m wasting my time trying to work on it? I used to live that feature on my L-bi. How easy it was to change an eye position.

4. It was really frustrating for me to get the mechanism to work, I gave up on it and just ended up using eye putty. Perhaps I didn't get it set up correctly, but when I tried to use it I couldn't get the eyes to shift and align correctly. But that could be because of my own ineptitude! Maybe someone else can chime in if it worked for them~

5. I’ve been researching it. It seems to be the general consensus that the eye mechanism in these dolls sucks. The L-bi I had had a slightly different system. It had the resin bracket like this one does. But the eyes had a metal rod that went through each eye and that kept them in place in the face. So they tried to fix something that wasn’t broken. And u know the saying. If it isn’t broke…..

#145 comicbookartistboi, Feb 4, 2022
      Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    6. Ok that's a relief to know. I have his default eyes since I purchased him firsthand from Unoa Alchemy and couldn't ever get it work properly. Kind of a bummer since I knew this was a unique features of Unoa dolls, but in the end I just put in more suitable eyes for all my plates with putty and was fine with it. Hope you share your Zest/Xyle with us, I don't see too many of these guys around anymore~

7. I am making eyes for him. As soon as I get him painted I will get posting him. :)

8. Hello! I am obsessed with Zest and want 2 for my collection. Can anyone tell me if unoa alchemic labo accepts layaway payment?

9. Sorry, to my knowledge, I don't think that they do.

10. Thank you! Doesn't change the fact I want these beautiful boys!

11. Fair! I have a Zest faceplate but I'll get a full doll eventually, likely from Dollyteria or Mandarake since they can often be a bit of a deal. If you can find someone selling one second hand that may be an option for layaway as well.

12. I started to set some money aside to hopefully buy one of these boys soon!

13. Update: I was able to place my order for a blank Zest in fairy skin! I'm so excited!

14. Congrats @Amberay_SH on your pending arrival! I've been considering getting one of those myself... It's very tempting, with the yen being how it is...

15. The yen situation definitely helped in me making the decision to get one. But also, I've been eyeing Zest since I started in the hobby back in 2018. So I'm glad all the pieces fell into place to get my first one. I eventually want a second Zest in fresh skin. This first one is in fairy skin.
      If anyone wants to order from the alchemic labo website, and needs help with the process, I will gladly offer any advice!

16. If you've got advice, I'd love to hear it to be honest! My first Zest was ordered through Unoa Alchemy, so there was nothing to figure out... I don't know if there was anything that proved particularly tricky or confusing for you? I keep saying "maybe" to getting a second Zest, but... well. I do have some extra money coming to me, so it might prove that the stars align....!

Also, I just realized I took some pictures of Cael over the winter and didn't share any! Here's my favorite shot from the set, as well as a portrait I did.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

I'm thinking about getting him some 10mm eyes and giving up on the eye mech, too...

#156 Idoru, Jul 20, 2022
      Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
    17. Well for me it wasn't straight forward for a few reasons. I've never ordered any product from Japan, so setting up the Tenso account was new and I just wanted to make sure I understood the process. (trying to calculate cost of shipping based on the box dimensions and weight)
      Then, after receiving the Tenso account I tried making my Alchemic Labo account. I was getting issues with not being able to register. Turned out it was a browser combatability error, not information input error on my part. I use google chrome as my default and was running into issues that way. But, after trying microsoft edge, I was able to successfully register.
      Lastly, when placing the order by following all the prompts layed out on the AL website, my credit card simply wasn't being accepted. I never could figure out the reason why. I also kind of panicked because I tried twice (did not receive any confirmation on the AL website end) but my bank account showed two transactions being processed.
      I sorted everything out with my bank.
      Alchemic Labo keeps a business day calendar on their website, and I was following it to try and contact them asap.
      In the end, they sent me an invoice separately via SUQUARE.

So it was a little nerve wracking to say the least lol.

18. Oh! I forgot to mention @Idoru , Cael is very very handsome!

19. Just found this thread. ;B Figured I’d share some of the Elder Brother love with my Zest, Jin-ho.

[​IMG]

Just recently changed his outfit and switched out his usual black wig with this purple one I haven’t used much yet that ended up suiting him really well bahaha. Out here looking like he should be in a boyband. :lol: I mean…he IS in a band, but as a drummer, not a singer/dancer bahaha.

@Amberay_SH You ever get your Zest boy?

EDIT: By the way, just to put this out there for my fellow Brother collectors that might be having a hard time finding clothes…

SMPdoll started making clothes for the taller Haru Casting boy body that I think is probably comparable to these guys. I haven’t had the money to splurge on anything outside of paying off layaways and my credit card lately, so I don’t yet know for sure if the pants fit, but I’m willing to bet the tops would be perfect. If I got the money next time she opens a preorder, I’m definitely taking a chance on a pair of pants.

Also, I know for sure that Souldoll’s pants for their mini boys fit perfectly; had Jin-ho in a skinny-fit pair of leather pants from them for a while. I currently have him in a pair of Luts Model Delf bottoms that fit him fine, they’re just a smidge short (which is fine for the look I want for him). They came out with a 51cm version of the Model Delf body, so that could be something to look at. Jin-ho is also wearing a SartoriaJ shirt in the image above. Their minis are on the bulkier side, so tops are definitely gonna look baggy (on the bright side, tailoring them to fit better shouldn’t be too difficult). SJ pants are a no go though.

#159 Singull, Sep 18, 2023
      Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    20. @Singull yes I did eventually receive my Zest! And I've since customized him! Eyes, wig, faceup and outfit all done by me. I am very happy with him, but he has a long way to go on his customization journey~ HIS NAME IS HECTOR
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]