1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unexpected Dollies!!

Jul 25, 2011

1. Hmm Surprise dolly? A few I think actually. SOOM Grit, who was also a gift, came in only a few days. Same with my two traded dollies AoD Aiai and AoD Nini. I found that the Bobobie Sprite I ordered came swift as wind too.

The ultimate surprise was when I bought a dolly at a convention though.. It had been a bit of a shock that I paid and then just... got him hehe. :)

2. well, where as i didn't get a surprise dolly, my friend will.
      here's hoping she never reads this. XD
      her 21st birthday is coming up, and she's been super close to me for a few years now. at least three, and she was the first doll friend i ever made, the only one who would stalk bjd sites with me and make wishlists and characters for each doll we could never afford.
      so, as her best friend, i decided to go hunting around for options, hoping someone would help back me up when it came time for purchasing (since i'm a poor wannabe college student and i need to save my cash) but came up short every time.
      then, like it was meant to be, a limited Dollzone Fox from 2007 showed up on ebay, and for JUST within my budget.
      it arrived just a little over a week ago and i've been dying to give it to her. she has no idea. :)

3. I got one this weekend! I had been selling a body on the MP that wasn't going anywhere, so I'd kind of been looking at heads second hand. In a perfect world, what I wanted was an older, yellowed and possibly damaged, inexpensive WS head that had a young, large-eyed look. Sunday there was a dollmeet in my area and I took all my sales items including the body. One of the other locals brought an older, yellowed, damaged WS Chiwoo Elf head for sale. She wanted some of my sales items so we did a trade, I popped the head on my no-longer-for-sale body and I have a new doll! Which was totally unexpected since I wasn't planning on getting one. The poor thing had to get the "yard sale" treatment....clothes, eyes and a wig from the sales stuffs. XD

4. Oh yes! My dear Alex showed up about a week after I had ordered him from Luts. Granted he was a no frills order (no face-up, extra head or wig.) I figured I was in for a nice month and half long wait for him. Then I get home on Friday after work and discover one of those peach slips the post office leaves when you have to sign for a package or letter. Totally confused I sent my father to retrieve whatever it was from the Main office (they are open until 6pm.) When he got back with that huge "Made in Corea" box I was floored and excited. Alex was one of my first true characters and I was so happy to have him home and in SD form.

It was so crazy though I ordered him on a Saturday, my payment to Luts had not cleared until Wednesday and he was at my door step on Friday. The general conciseness I got from the waiting room thread was my Alex was probably a canceled order. Oh well. He's mine now. :D

5. I ordered my Bobobie Weylin from Junky Spot, and they said shipping would be 10 days, there for I was thrilled when I got him in 6 :D

6. Well for my DOD boy it took an average doll making time for him to ship (about three months), and it was my first whole doll and I'd always ordered bodies that were in stock, so I've never really had to wait before so it was pure agony. One August day that year (I can't believe he's already a year old, It feels like I just started the hobby yesterday. My Yeon-ho will be two in january!), I checked and saw that he had been shipped. I figured about a week for something as big as a doll to make the treck from Korea to US, but when my dad went to pick me up from camp three days later he said that my doll was waiting for me at the post office.
      Also, with Aiden's body, when he arrived I was at school, but when I came home my parents didn't bother to mention that it had arrived, they just put it outside my bedroom door, but I didn't go to my bedroom until right before my piano lessons, so I freaked out seeing the box but was sad I had to wait an hour to open it...

7. I personally don't see an early shipping notice/delivery as an unexpected doll, I'm expecting it, as I paid excessive amounts of money for it. I get excited yes, but it's not really unexpected :)

That being said, I HAVE had 2 unexpected dollies. 2 years running at an anime convention I go to, I won the main prize in the BJD raffle. First year I won a DZ megi and the second a DZ BB jing. So that was VERY unexpected ^.^

8. My Soom Nelen arrived unexpectedly. Her tracking had said she was in New York for days, and I thought she was being held up cause it was a holiday weekend, but then as I was about to leave the house one day, the mail lady rang the bell with a small Korean box in her hand :D I had just checked the tracking too, so it was totally unexpected! Apparently another mail truck had caught up to her after she'd already left the regular mail in our box, and she had to double back with the package. Seems a bit odd, but I was sure happy she came back before I left, haha ^^

9. When I ordered my first doll I was checking her tracking every day, even few times a day for about 2 weeks, then I got into conclusion that the wait seems longer for me when I check it constantly so I stopped and after another 2 weeks when I checked the tracking, my doll was already in customs. :)

10. I haven't really had a doll arrive much EARLIER than expected, But I did get Lucien and Mike's head as TOTAL surprises! Mike's head (DiM Robel) was a gift from Junky Spot for being a loyal customer. He showed up without warning a few days before Christmas. I was both shocked and excited, as the head was no longer in production, was a sculpt I had not seen before and was PERFECT for the character I had been shopping around for but couldn't find a suitable doll.

Lucien, my BBB Nissa, was a gift from Emory @ JS. I had done something completely unrelated that he thought deserved this thanks, so the little guy showed up on my step just a couple of days after Mike's head with a thank you note. This was not a doll I would have ever bought, but he's one I'll never let go!

Parker was also a surprise, to an extent. His box came in from JS and I thought my sister had ordered a new doll, since it was in her name. Turned out to be my birthday gift from my sister and was the IslandDoll Kevin I'd had my eye on for a few months!

11. Well, after 10 looong weeks of waiting for my first doll, a DOC, one Tuesday I saw that he had finally shipped! I was SO excited, but didn't know what to expect for the shipping rate, so I'd check the tracking every day until that Friday, I went to check the tracking and the e-mail with the number had disappeared! T____T So for a few hours until the rest of my family came home, I just moped around and played the piano. Then, when everyone was home, my parents brought up a bin from the basement and asked if my stuff was in it. For a second, I was like "Why don't you just check it?" XD But, I opened it up and there he was all wrapped in bubble wrap along with the rest of the things I'd ordered for him, even his Dollmore clothes I hadn't expected to arrive so soon!
      So, they made me wait THAT long and he was home all that time?! Hahaha~ Well, I for one will never forget that!

12. LOLOL!!! This literally happened to me last week!

So I ordered a DOD Libra around the end of May, and for the longest time didn't hear a word out of them. Coming on week 9 i finally broke down and mailed them to ask a different question (I didn't want to sound naggy or anything, so I never asked why it was taking so long:sweat). Turned out they were using new molds for the dolls, so they apologized for the lateness, offered free make-up and promised he would be there soon. A couple weeks later, I'm still checking my email religiously, but nothing more from DOD (was getting VERY restless!). Then on 08/10/11 I get a text from my Dad while at work about a package arriving for me. I was utterly confused till he mentioned it had come from Korea, and I FREAKED!!!! :o Derpy me, I had not bothered to check the DOD website for the tracking info and he had shipped that Monday!:doh Surprise!!:lol:

On another note, within the same time frame, got another surprise, this time from a friend. We were chatting through IM at work and she mentioned a doll she had received from another friend as a gift awhile back. She had really appreciated the thought, but was never into the hobby, like myself. So out of the blue, at least for me, she asked if I would like her!! OMG WHAT!?! :? I was SHOCKED!! I asked her several times if she was ok with something like that and she writes back with the sweetest thing ever: "Yes, of course! I feel sorry that she (the doll) is just sitting around all the time, and she's too pretty to gather dust. Besides she'll get all the love and attention she needs with you and your doll family!" :aheartbea

So in the next couple of weeks, I'm getting an early birthday present from my friend!:) And here I thought I would not be obtaining another doll for at least a year after my Libra! I lied to myself, again....:sweat

13. My Ringdoll Chai. I ordered him December 8th 2010. My friend only waited nine weeks to get her boy, so I thought, end of Feb, early March for his arrival. Well, they went on holiday, and when they came back, things were good. Then... Late Feb, ALL communication stopped. Not just with me, with everyone who was international. I had my wisdom teeth out, and moved back home, and tried to find out if the new address was in their system. Didn't hear ANYTHING until April, when they said that my address was correct and that he'd ship out that month. April went by, then May, then June and July. During that time, I'd even had a friend in Singapore contact them directly, and didn't get an answer. Finally, I got onto their BBS, and PM'd them directly. I FINALLY got an answer, that he'd be shipped in July. Well, it wasn't until 8-7-2011 that, all of a sudden, I checked the BBS, now this was after two weeks of no answers, THERE WAS A TRACKING NUMBER! By that point, I had given up hope I'd ever see him. He made it home in one piece.

--EDC

14. I didn't get Siofra's shipping notification until -- get this -- the day she wound up on my doorstep.

Hideyoshi and Izayoi showed up a few days before Christmas. It wasn't nearly as much of a surprise as Siofra, but I was convinced that they wouldn't show up in time for Christmas and then they did.

15. When i left Kansas we had a going away party. A friend had also brought in some dolls that she was going to have another friend sell for her. I saw this little tan hand sticking out of the box. She thought he was maybe one of the dollkot greens, but I was like ":O!! That's a DOT hand!" Lo and behold there was one of the original Black Camine's in the box. She was so kind and let me take him home while I paid him off(since i was moving the next weekend to california). Ratchet's one of my favorite dolls. I never EVER expected to get him, especially in such a random way!

16. I guess the closest thing I have for Surprise dollies is the sudden purchase of the AoD dolls that my nieces no longer wanted. They wanted to sell their boys to me as they knew I would take care of them and keep their characters basically intact. I sure the heck didn't expect to obtain two dolls so quickly.

17. I found a FlCl doll in the box when my RS Dai got sent to me from JunkySpot. The site hadn't said anything but apparently it was some kind of bonus/promotion thingie they were doing. I wasn't all that excited, though, as it wasn't really my sort of thing... :/

18. I didn't receive her in the post, but I did get Tsuki as an unexpected going away gift :). She's been with me for two years now and I will never forget when I saw that red and black box at the restaurant table! She was so perfect and still is perfect :). It's so great!

19. I have accidenatlly clicked on the buy button for a doll i really, really wanted and was going to buy, just not on that moment. Still love her.

I've won two dolls (one DZ on-topic and a Bo Bergemann off-topic) dolls in raffles. Love the Bergmann doll, still uncertain about the DZ.

Got stuck with another DZ, a Shoyo, I did not want, when I was running a GO, the person who i ordered it for turned out to be under aged and without parental consent, so i had to refund the money. this doll quickly moved on.

and the biggest, most unexpected is my on order, will have to wait a long time, Dollshe Bernard.
      i've wanted Bernard for a long time, but our space is limited so i cannot have such a large object easily.
      But with their event price being sooo low i could not help myself (event has long ended).

20. I actually just got my surprise doll lol. Though he wasn't so much a surprise as I wasn't expecting him so soon.

I had been talking to JunkySpot about having them order a doll for me way back in May/June. I didn't know that they had ordered him for me, then at the end of August I paid for him. I didn't get the UPS tracking number because I forgot the number went to a secondary email, and then yesterday as I was doing stuff around the house he arrived.