1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unexpected Dollies!!

Jul 25, 2011

1. Oh yes when I got my Karma. I ordered her and did not expect her to come for at least 4-6 weeks. Well to my surprise two weeks later she showed up on my door step. I was so happy!

2. I have bought most of my dolls stuff second hand (exceptions are two heads I got straight from Migidoll) and the people I buy from ALWAYS say 2-3 weeks for shipping. I never use tracking numbers because every package I get second hand literally comes in a few days. The last thing I bought was a Crobi head from a girl located in France and it came in 3 days (as opposed to the three weeks she said it would take!). In a way they're all surprises then, I guess ^^

3. I have gotten a few surprises, but in a little bit different way. When it rains, it pours for me. I will pre-order a few dolls and then they all come within a week or two of each other. And least one is a surprise, as I wasn't expecting them to ALL arrive so closely together. Then it's like Christmas for me. The most recent surprise was my Nypheline from K6. She came so qucikly from France, as I was expecting her to take like 2 weeks and she was here in the U.S. within 2 days.

4. Yeah, actually, when I ordered from D-storic last December for the Goodbye Bimong event, there was some weird thing where they thought I'd made a second order, but I only paid for one order, so they cancelled the other order, and I suffered no loss, just confusion. But then, my doll arrived a month before they said she'd ship! I was SUPER happy but then I got a shipping notice, 'cause they'd accidentally sent me two dolls... The second one still hasn't arrived, but I hope it will soon. I had asked D-storic about it and they said I could keep it, but also the first body is having some warping issues, 'cause D-storic is having some problems with that right now... I hope my second doll arrives soon...

5. I was buying option parts for my girl, accidentally added a doll. When I saw my cart at the checkout, I was like, "Why not?" And bought her.

6. Have you ever gotten a surprise dolly? either you forgot to check the tracking, or it was never provided, and showed up way before you expected it to? or perhaps someone bought you one without telling you, and suddenly you get a box in the post? please share your stories!

I'm pretty good about remembering I've ordered them, and remembering to keep track of when they're going to ship to me, so I haven't really had too many cases like this. However, over the winter I participated in a small local "group order" for Aileen Doll's (OT) Pico Dragon Violet. Since I didn't have any kind of tracking or order information, I couldn't really keep track of where he was, until I got a text from the organizer with "They're here!" I'd expected them to take a bit longer, so it was quite a nice surprise!

Maybe a bit similar... I won a raffle for another doll (Little Monica Little Harmony Irin), so she was definitely a surprise as well! But I paid to upgrade her shipping to include tracking, so other than the point where she vanished into customs for a couple of weeks, I knew where she was the whole time as well.

Other than that, it's just been getting home and finding a part I'd ordered recently sitting at the door (shipped via a method not requiring a signature), and getting quite excited that it's already here!

7. For my Soom Fairy Nyer I got her the day after I got the shipping notice. I was sure she would take a at least a week if not more after I got the notice. I was so confused at first I thought it was for my friend. (She would ship things to me, because her post office was so bad with packages.) It wasn't until after I asked her, did I realize it was for me. XD

8. I have won 3 dolls now my first bjd I won in a contest at naka con then this last year I won a raffel at realmscon for a hujoo rabbi and then last week at my group meet I entered a paid raffle and won a dollfie dream!! All 3 of those dolls were surprise dolls but I love them all!!

9. I got a surprise minifee for Christmas last year :)

I'd hinted to my husband that I wanted one but it was mostly a joke since I thought he'd never spend that kind of money.

I knew when he handed me the wrapped gift what it was because I could smell the resin lol. Talk about light speed unwrapping.

10. My first doll^^

I received the shipping confirmation e-mail on Thursday 11:30 pm and since it was my first time, I thought that it would take at least a week to get to me. On Saturday at 9am I heard the door bell and I was just getting up so I was in my PJs with messy hair and everything. When I opened the door it was the mail carrier with a huge box and I almost cried of happiness!

So far, he has been the only doll that came to me so fast!!! (just 1 day after shipping confirmation!), I have even ordered from the same company and orders take at least 3 days or a week to get here.

11. I got my Cheng's body two months after placing the order with MoC. Not two months after the order was submitted to Dragondoll...two months total. So the turnaround was actually about a month a half. He got included with the previous month's orders!

12. I won a tiny BJTales Mouse in a tombola. I didn't even know she existed but I like her and I'm keeping her! :)

13. I guess its sort of a superstition, but I try to trick myself into believing that the doll will arrive much later than it actually arrives (in an attempt to avoid being disappointed). Sometimes I am successful, but it means that I sometimes forget that a doll is going to arrive, and multiple dolly orders arrive around the same time. It's super exciting, but then I start worrying about jumping into faceups rushed and not being satisfied with them. Luckily, they are usually fairly easy to wipe.

14. My latest doll was something of a surprise doll. I had given my brother my Christmas list and at the bottom I added that I wouldn't mind the Souldoll Chorin that had been living at Junky Spot for an eternity. She had been marked down, and after I asked I didn't even go to look, because if I had seen that she had gone I would have been torn between absurd hope and crushing disappointment.

Christmas morning arrives, packages are all unwrapped, and we are all very satisfied. There's no doll, however, and I tell myself "Well, of course someone else probably snatched her up before Wotan got there. The price was too good to resist, etc." Wotan tells me to wait, and goes to my coat closet. Even wrapped, it is very obviously a doll box. I tear apart the paper, and see that unmistakeable floral from the old Souldoll boxes. @3@

I had the perfect wig and eyes for her right on hand, and I did a little face-up tweaking that very afternoon! (New eyelashes to put in and I touched up her teeth to make them really show.)

I really hadn't realized quite how long she had been at Junky Spot, but I am thrilled to finally have her and she is easily one of my favorite dolls now too. ^-^ I'm so glad that she's home with me.

15. I don't think I've had one show up at my door unexpectedly, but I've often been surprised by how quickly I received a shipping notice. A few times it was so fast that I worried that I got the wrong order or it was a mistake, but everything was fine when they did arrive.

16. I actually got a dolly I didn't expect for Christmas one year. My sister got it. It was really awesome to get, but in the end I had no plans for her, so I rehomed her.

17. Oh did I ever <3 my best friend, Shailara, gifted me one of my grail heads, SC*Doll Yabi!!! It still hasn't quite sat with me that I really own him so I often quite randomly exclaim about the fact while admiring or playing with him...

18. I bought two dolls and a couple of bodies from Mirodoll. When the package came, there was a Wind girl in there too. Apparently, I qualified for a promotion that I was paying attention to... :P A bit of a surprise...

19. Yes I‘ve booked a doll from a Korean company, but it hasn't been sent over one year. I almost lost hope and forgot it. But one day I suddenly received a parcel!

20. I have in another sense.. Once I ordered from Bobobie, and after waiting for about 1 mont after shipping I wrote them and said that my doll hadn't tuned up. They sent me a new one 1 day afer I wrote them. Then about 2 days before the doll arrived I was doing laundry and found a fedex package.
      It was addressed to me, but never opened. I opened it a there was my doll that never showed up!
      My theory is that my mother in law had received it and then went to do laundry and forgot all about it after she had put it down.
      2 days after the 2nd doll arrived xD
      (we lived in an apartmet in my gf's parrent's house)