1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unidoll Real Boy Rio Discussion

May 20, 2008

1. Flamingomoon, Thanks! I think he is great! I'm working on some clothes for him and for Dalia right now. Or I should say some undies. I plan to line all the clothes I make for them but until then the undies will take care of "fig leaf". I have a lot of friends with children and they do prefer dolls with clothes on!

2. Paulajtm, when you get the 'fig leaf' completed, I'd still love to see more photos!

3. Flamingomoon, Will do! As soon as I finish AND figure out how to post here. If not then will do so on unidoll. They will be plain undies for this set. Just basic boxers for him and basic unders for her. I will be working on a couple historical outfits for them eventually. My sister thinks Rio would make a great "Mr Darcy" and Dalia "Elizabeth Bennett". After that I'm not sure what I will make for them. Did consider a traditional suit for him and a short kicky version of a 1901 ladies suit for her. May still do them.

4. I may be a little too literal here, but just in case it helps...
      You usually have to edit the size of your pictures down for hosting purposes if you want people to be able to load them quickly. Besides big stuff like Photoshop, there's various free-download programs like the Gimp or Picasa will do this for you. They're useful for different sorts of tweaking.
      You have to upload your edited pictures to a host that can hold the files available fo you. Some free hosting sites are Flickr or Picasa or Photobucket, and I'm sure there's others.
      Then you open up the picture on that site, you right click on it and "copy location" or similar, to pick up the actual address that takes you to the picture.
      Over here on DOA, you click on the little yellow mountain icon (above, on the right) and paste the file location into the DOA dialogue box and hit ok.
      Sometimes you have to edit an address a little bit to get it to work. For instance, I will post pictures on Flickr, and then I edit whatever falls at the end of the filename that goes after "dot jpg".
      so if it looks like,
      www://xdasd.jpg / fflkj

Then I'd edit it back to:
      www://xdasd.jpg

If you're using some other hosting, their addresses might have different issues, but I'm sure somebody around DOA will know how to do it.

5. girdethsvoice, Thanks! I will give it a try. I just signed up at photobucket. One photo on it so far and it's not exactly great. Will be taking a few more in the next day or two.

6. Just be advised that photobucket will delete any pictures with doll nudity without notice.

It's easy to use, but I hate that they do that.

7. Miseri, I was't aware! I don't particuarly care one way or another but I do have friends with children, plus my husband is a tad bit odd about nude dolls as well. Not sure why. But I do cover just because it does bother them. Will make sure "fig leaves" fully intact.

8. I just discovered Rio, and he is most awesome ... would be perfect for one of my characters. However, i'm a bit confused as to whether it's still possible to order him or not?

By the way. People have been saying he looks like some actor. Am I the only one that thinks he has a bit of a Tom Cruise going for him with the nose?

9. he was for ordering during June only. Unidoll said will re-release him again, but dunno when

10. He's being released now. I posted photo's earlier for Rio and Dalia. They are still my favorites. Probably always will be.

11. Yes! I just saw on the website that Rio is for sale now! And here I just ordered an elf ... I hope Rio stays on sale for a long, long time!

12. I do like his face but not a fan of the body.

13. flamingomoon, oooh you ordered an elf? Which one?

Rio is finding a tough competitor in the Iplehouse EID. They're going to have to fight each other for my affection. Preferably in my room. Without shirts.

14. chizzie_shark, I order LONG from Resinsoul.
      Not a boyfriend for Bijou (Dia), but he just caught my imagination. And the price was really good!

Rio is still on my list .... :love

15. Having so many dolls is making my guest room look like a doll shop. Have to sell a couple just so I have room to move around! But not Rio or Dalia. Weird since I prefer larger dolls. They just seem to have more personality then the others I guess.

16. Oooh... sounds fun. :lol:
      I'm SO on the fence about Rio versus Spinel/Lupin... I love the Unidoll body's arms, but in every other respect the Soom body is quite perfect for the character I have in mind. That said, Rio's head (with some significant eye mods, and maybe some for the cheeks) is the closest I've yet come to nailing his character down... AUGH! *angst angst*

I'm thinking you need to throw a Soom Super Gem into that brawl, Chizzie.... :D

17. LOL, I already have a Super Gem man in my room, muse ;) And he's also right next to my bed XD

Although there actually is a 3rd party who's stuck his leg in - those Raurencio bodies are pretty droolworthy too. Oh, choices!

Anyway, muse, you should totally get a Super Gem. Not that I'm biased, or anything. >.>

18. Chizzie_shark
      I've compare the picture and the size of Raurencio body and Unidoll's, to me Raurencio's is better! Wider shoulder and more realistic 6 packs, and the legs and waist are more proportioned to me.

Anyway Unidoll's is more superb than average dolls in my opinion.^^ And Still favorite.

I'm getting Rio. As a best birthday present ever!!!! From my dear friend, Paulajtm. She's so kind!
      She also sent me many books and a doll-carriage bag. T-T I owned her for her generousity. And don't even know how to repay. Hopes she know how much I appreciate for those lovely things she has done to me.

19. Can anyone tell me please, if Rio's head really that big? I love his face but body... not for me. I thought I could find a body from other company, looks like long shot tho)

20. I don't know if anyone is still talking about Rio, but I am totally enamored. I am looking for a male doll that is not over 70cm, actually around 63-65cm would even be better.
      Does anyone have their own pictures of Rio?