1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unidoll Real Boy Rio Discussion

May 20, 2008

1. Vanilla.sky
      I'll take picture of him when he arrived. What kind of body you're findind? More skinny or more muscular? I think there're many to choose out there.
      janbintx
      I think Rio is 67 cm tall, according to the web. He's not over70.

2. janbintx: Do a search for Rio in the galleries, there are heaps of owner pics of him up, and one very useful one comparing Rio with Ark from lots of angles.

And congrats, CoreDrill - post lots of pics! What a generous friend Paula is!

3. CoreDrill, you are most welcome!

VanillaSky:

I have an old picture of Rio and Dalia. I think you can see Rio's neck in it. He is quite nice looking!

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

4. My Rio came home in August. He is still a work in progress as he needs lashes put on yet. I love his bod but would have to agree that I wish his neck and upper arms had a bit more heft to them. Once I get him dressed tho I dont think that will be noticable.

I do have an xtra blank RIO head listed on Ebay until 10-27-08 if anyone is interested.........

Here is my guy so far..

[​IMG][/IMG]

6. Flamingomoon said: "Paulajtm, I think "quite nice looking" might be the understatement of the decade.:lol:
      He is a hunk. And yours is one of the handsomest I've seen!!
      Just yummy.[/quote]

I think he's terrific. He belongs to CoreDrill now. I have no doubt he will be photographed as soon as he arrives. I can't wait to see him with Lagann (Selina)!

7. andergib: Whoa! What a different Rio! I like his 3-D beard.

8. Paulajtm,
      Me too! I'm so waiting for his arrival. Thank you!
      I promise a lot of photoes.

Andergib : That's a good idea on making 3-D beard and eyebrows!

9. Oh, I'm getting old, almost forgot about to write here! Or may be it is cuz it's getting cold here my brain don't want to work.
      CoreDrill, thank you) I ll have Buddydoll body soon, but I'm afraid resin is no match... completely(( And the body probably is too thin for Rio head...
      Paulajtm he is very attractive guy)) I just wanted to have 3 part torso for him - I like to stand my dolls in acrobatic positions for fun)) (poor guys)

10. Sergei is so nice name, it came from the ancient Rome, and mean "someone respectful". I like it very much))
      U know, naked pix of Sergei is also fine, I think))

11. Thank you Vanilla.sky! Really! I didn't know that is a very good one. I named him after commander Sergei Smirnov from Gundam00 (one of the japanese animetion) just because me and my bro. think he really looks like him,LOL.

Thank you for the meaning of the name! I really appreciate it.

12. Oh, seems like I'm keep bumping this thread.
      Well, I sew him a fur wig. Here's the pictures.
      Sorry for HUGE one. ^^"
      Before trimming and after trimming.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

How does he look? I want his hair to be like Daniel Crake in James Bond. Btw I'm looking for a dye to dye his hair black, have to ask my mom for that.

And I really want to re-face up him. But don't have time or stuff now. Also don't have time to sew for him T-T. He's now wearing a loin cloth made from handkerchief. Poor Serger~!

13. LOL - Serger in a loin cloth is far more preferable than real clothes. ;)

And nice job on the wig! It really suits him, and looks very good.

14. Thanks Chizzie_shark!

Anyway, I'm getting a new body for him to balance his big-looked head. (And Paulajtm already gave her permission,LOL)

I've put his Unireal boy body on sell on the marketplace, hoping I can get Baal from Raurencio Studio on his promotion! Hopes the time isn't up!

15. He is such a handsome guy that he can wear anything..... or nothing!!
      Good job sewing the wig.

16. LOL, funnily enough that's what I want to do too - get a Baal on special and stick a Rio on it. There are 2 available I think - let's hope we get one each!

17. Couldn't put my finger on it for the longest time, but Rio looks a lot like James Franco, who plays Harry in the Spiderman films.

18. If you're still looking at possible bodies for Rio, consider the DIM Love Boy body. Here's a few pics of mine. Note the resins are not an exact match. The body is a little more white. I'm not familiar with body blushing, but it may do the trick. Here's what he looks like in natural outdoor lighting.

He looks great with or without lashes I think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]