1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unique Animal BJDs

Oct 15, 2019

1. @ajmailey ElleoDoll makes a nice looking small horse its 3d printed so OT for main Den of Angels. An artist called Silent Creatures made a very lovely resin horse about 6 years ago. I don't know if they made very many or if that artist is still working. I did read somewhere that cuarto doll might be working on a horse; I'm sure that would be amazing.

2. Oh thanks - yes I just discovered cuarto today; amazing work! A horse would be amazing

3. I feel like insects naturally make good BJDs... their exoskeletons make the fact that they're resin (not squishy and fleshy) not such a big deal. I just think they're so cool, and all the ones I've seen look really realistic. I would kill for a BIG Cicada.

My dream is a frog... who actually can sit like a frog :chibi The ones I've seen are cute in a Beatrix Potter sort of way, but I love the classic frog sit...

4. Ohh man I am totally on board with you for a big cicada! That would be amazing! Also I'm curious, what kind of species of frog would you go for if there was a selection? I got curious and took a look, seeing what you meant about the bjd frogs being bipedal and that really is a shame! Hope some can come out in the future! (Or if there are some, come to the light haha)

5. Tbh I was thinking Bullfrog when I posted that, but a green tree frog would be too cute! :D Honestly any frog or toad would be so cool, though- I love them all ;_;

6. Those both would be so cool as Bjds omg!! Though ya, seeing a bjd frog or toad in it's normal state would be awesome if it is done! Hopefully with full articulation! Also, random but, I'd love to see the infamous squeaky dessert rain frog get a remake into a bjd myself.:lol: Such an angry boy! (I feel that frog would end up being off-topic though considering their physique xD) If I find any that passes the radar I'll be sure to let you know!

#47 Boar, Nov 9, 2019
      Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    7. Hey guys!
      So i'm noticing there's tons of rabbit and cat based dolls, but i'd love to hear about more unique animal species that are out there. What do you think we need more of? What's your favourite animal doll right now?

8. So, this one's kind of tied to one of those that you listed, but...I'd love to see more winged cats. Especially bird-winged cats. In SD appropriate sizes and a variety of colors.

A couple other ideas that are more original or unique that I'd love to see: a bad styled after the alien species from the Animorphs book series, the Andalites. They're one of my favorite alien species, and Animorphs is one of my favorite childhood reads. Another that I'd love to see? Maybe a series of resin dolls based off the Gems from Steven Universe? I'd especially love Amethyst, Peridot and Lapis (those water wings, oh--they would be awesome to see done in semi-transparent blue resin!). As for something a bit more in the mythological realm: it would be really awesome if there were bjds designed based on the unicorn from the movie/book The Last Unicorn (written by Peter Beagle). I would especially be elated for one based on the movie design, with the delicate antelope/deer/horse hybrid appearance.

On a personal note, and for a very specific idea: I'd love to have one designed specifically to look like my cat, Pacifica. She's my precious baby kitty, and I'd love a resin representation of her:kitty2

9. I require more fish bjd so that I may have an aquarium of fish bjd. Sharks, clownfish, seahorse, and more.

10. Seahorses and sea dragons would be amazing!

11. I personally would love to see some insects! But i dont see how it would be pulled off in the same charismatic style as other anthro bjds.. I just have a lot of insect characters that would be absolutely awesome to have shelled out!

12. I would love more mythical creatures (hippocampus, Phoenix, manticore, chimera, etc...) but I'd also love to see more regular animals too. Foxes, bears, hedgehogs, armadillos, parrots, and trash pandas are at the top of my long list of wanted animals. And I think the idea of a bjd aquarium is amazing @Cap'n ! And in that vein, a zoo and mythical zoo would be too! Or a nature preserve where they all mingle, would be amazing. I'd also love to see some dinosaurs too, so I could totally do some "night at the museum" photos with the tinies!

#53 Zavrinas, Jan 15, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    13. I desperately want a sphinx!

14. For me the most wanted would be a shark mermaid, or rather merman. It'd be so frickin cool if he even had a second head with a wide shark toothed grin.

15. My favourite right now is Hecate from Cuartos Dolls, but I don't have her or any other bjd animals, and I very much believe I won't buy any either, they're just not for me as I do not sincerely know what else could I do with them than photograph and display. On human dolls all the thrill is sewing and wig making and face-ups. I would love to paint an animal doll one day though, and I love seeing all kinds of realistic and fantasy animals as stylized and photographed by others. I especially would like to see more big dragons, I know of a couple but at least the other one is off-topic I think as it is not cast in resin but 3d printed.

16. Second the Amalthea unicorn bjd <3 as for a kitty portrait bjd, @evestudio.dolls specializes in kitties, in all different sizes and breeds, and they do custom paint! Check their ig :wiggle

17. Seconding a Phoenix. A BIG one. :D

18. I have a hippogriff, a seahorse mermaid/merman, two dragons, two bats, and a weird creature that escapes definition (DollZone Eudora). And I've seen hybrids of just about everything, so what I really want is up to see that creativity that's getting wilder keep going that direction. I wouldn't have thought of moth anthros or scorpion 'taurs, myself, and I don't think anything I could come up with could equal what those kinds of creators will keep developing!

19. In the same vein, I'd love to see a orca or dolphin merman. Imagine what the second head would look like, especially if they had a blowhole in both versions on the head! :wiggle

Ryu