1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unique Animal BJDs

Oct 15, 2019

1. Have you seen 5stardoll Jadite? :3 It's a really cute praying mantis. If I liked bugs, I'd really want one :D

Personally I'd love to see more unicorns. I used to have one unicorn doll from a really small doll company, but I sold her, and the company actually quit making dolls so I can't buy her again D: I know there's Doll Chateau Lilian, but she's a bit more animal-like than I'd like. I also know that there's some that are basically human dolls with horns, but I'd like have more anthro unicorn doll. Not too animal-like, but not very human, either. If Soom made unicorn Petit Gem, that'd be an absolute dream come true for me!

Another one I'd like to see is more pigs! I adore Dream Valley's pig they had for an event, but, well.... Limited funds and everything :'D

2. There's also been insects from Soom, Doll Chateau, ImplDoll, and I think at least one other company. There's actually quite a few out there!

3. I'd encourage everyone here to browse etsy and instagram for "bjdpets", as there are actually a bunch of really fun indie companies/artists making all sorts of unique animal bjds:

Aimerai occasionally releases some cute unicorn bjds. They've also made some cryptids.

Aileen Doll is most known for their dragons, but they've also made griffons and some winged kitties.

WalloyaMorringShop has both winged and unicorn kitties; also 3-headed dogs, cat orcs and tarsiers (which you can also get with wings and horns to make into little imps).

This shop has bjd fish and some octopus mermaids.

ElleoDolls in addition to their many varied dog and cat breeds has ferrets, capuchin monkeys, horses, rats, pigs, and some tiny anthros/furries that can be customized.

Eve Studios has spiders, mantis, snakes and griffins in addition to the usual.

Cirque de Fantomes has some unique anthros - cats, a fox, a corvid and an echidna.

Nympheas Dolls are mostly limited stock, but she has some adorable foxes, deer, a caterpillar and a mer-kitty on rotation.

Mouton en Sucre has made scarabs, sheep and a chameleon, among others.

Black Box has it's Anubis and fox, and they've also got a foo dog in the works.

(And this is probably very off-topic since it's 3d printed plastic, but if you want a really unique and customizable tiny anthro go look up Doll Art by Julie on etsy.)

And this is only the ones I can remember off the top of my head...I miiiiiight have too much time on my hands and an affinity for looking up unique weird little dolls :sweat

4. I really really want 'She is a dragon' from Spirit Imprint; I am also totally in love with the Cuarto dragons but something about the anthro aspect makes it easier to fit a character for me.
      @jade-eyed-cat I would adore winged cats!! The iple house puma with wings would be incredible
      Thanks for the list @monkeypizzasonic - I really adored that chameleon from Mouton en Sucre

5. @hobbywhelmed I was going to mention the tartigrade doll!! I don't have any, but omg when I knew it existed I was very excited and happy! They're adorable and "wtf is this!" at the same time, love them! hahah

6. I have Toopidolls Squishy, who is a sweet little jellyfish (due to her joints she's off topic though). I would also like to see more sea creatures so Squishy can have some ocean friends. Imagine a dumbo octopus doll!

I think a snake would be awesome, too!​

7. I have a dumbo octopus doll, IntothedeepDolls make them. They are just a little jointed but still cute.

Tendres Chimeres made a lot of sea creatures, sadly all are discontinued. Octarine has some leftovers in stock like the whale.

8. Oh no that Black Box foo dog. I want one so bad. :D

There's a bunch of mini foxes out there. DollZone Figaro, for example!

9. I call mine my "magicarp cousin" - just like "walking" your buddy magicarp in Pokemon GO means you're actually dragging your fish along the sidewalk, since tardigrades don't have bones, and couldn't support their own weight at anything above microscopic size, they should maybe have "baskets" instead of leashes--

I'm not enamoured of the hot pink mouth part, but it does detach (magnet) and the tardigrade looks fine with just its puckered mouth too. But it's got magnets all over the place, in all the feet! Made so nice!

10. Definitely I'd like to see more marine and insect dolls. Especially insects. I feel like thier natural shapes could being really well articulated in a doll. I think I saw a praying mantis some where at some point but I don't rember where any more

11. I'm waiting for my She is a Dragon to ship out right now, can't wait. @_@ I think she's doing stock dragons soon in her etsy, iirc.

Also really digging some of the dolls i'm seeing in this thread!! Keep 'em coming. ^_^

#72 tithorargentus, Jan 15, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2020
    12. Since everyone keeps mentioning marinelife, I'm also going to add Quadriga Dolls' sea dragon. And DreamHigh Studios made a crab at one point, and they have some caterpillar/butterflies for sale. Also, Huajing has limited anthro crab and sheepfish girls right now. And Miracle Doll has spider and snake/dragon anthros.

(Also, I was thinking earlier how I'd like a small asian dragon bjd for one of my ocs, so of course 5 minutes later I see DollZone just made an adorable little anthro one for sale lol.)

Actually, what I really want right now is a bjd version of the Nokk from Frozen 2 because WATER HORSE. :love(Either Resinsoul needs to make horse centaur or CuartoDolls need to make horse, because they both do really fun resin colors that could be perfect for a Nokk.)

13. @heavenlydevil yes! A SOOM Petite Gem unicorn would be awesome!

I also think a chinchilla bjd would be so cute, or even a hedgehog.

14. I just ordered a tardigrade in amalgamastic, because I think the color looks so much like the actual little gelatinous microorganisms - can't wait to get it home! But I'd also love to see a pangolin, because they're so cute and bizarre at the same time. Probably a platypus for the same reason...

15. Eve Studios has a very realistic praying mantis.

16. I finally came back to this site, only to find the best thread ever! I love all of these little animal dolls!

17. I would love to see different kinds of unicorns, like the ones that look more like deer or have lion tails instead of horse ones. Bonus points if it’s an anthro! So many unicorn bipedal dolls are humans with horns with hooves and that’s it, it would be a thrill to see one with a more stylized equine head!

18. @ajmailey Oh I've never seen that one before! I saw a cool wolf head from Doll Family that was just as stunning and wanted it immediately but they were sold out, sigh. Thanks for sharing! :)