1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unique Sculpts?

Mar 26, 2017

1. GloryDoll is long gone but their horror sculpts and face ups were always stand-outs for me. Unoa of course because they are my all-time faves and lastly the large SOOM dolls with hooves. I'm always curious to see what Doll Chateau will do next and I really love to look at photos of the more heavily decorative dolls from Marmite Sue.

2. Any chance you've tried putting a raccondoll head on an myou body? Im very curious to see how that would look

3. Kinoko Juice's Kiki and Shizuku are my favorites of the "couldn't be mistaken for anything else" sculpts. Sculpted eyelashes are too cute and both have a ton of personality.

4. I'm a sucker for the unique realism of Dragon Shell Doll sculpts. The cynical snarliness of Snake, the smug smirk of Dog, or the clever slyness of Cat…each is cool and unique in their expressiveness. Demiurge also has some unique realistic sculpts, along with Meeksdoll:D:kitty2

What can I say? I'm a sucker for the unconventional:XD:

5. A lot of Dika Doll's anime sculpts are unique to me, both in the sculpting and the way they do their faceups. In the same vein, I think Aimerai's Manga series, even the anthro dolls, are unique as well. Lots of anime sculpts tend to have baby-like hands and bodies, especially if they are MSD, kind of like MDDs, but Aimerai is definitely unique in that their girl bodies are extremely slender and more mature. Their anthro sculpts also have different positions for the ears, so you can have turned back cat ears instead of just the front forward ones that most companies offer.

Miracle Doll has also had unique sculpts pretty much since they started. I also think Argodoll is incredibly unique as well. She offers uniquely-shaped faces, but also plus-size bodies for some sculpts.

6. When it comes to unique sculpts, Dollzone and Doll Chateau are two companies that have a strong presence in my collection and in my heart. You just never know what they’re going to do next!

7. Granado Titan! I love love love the unique HUGE meatwall of a doll he is!
      So many male dolls have the exact same body type, lean, tone, and thin, but he is JACKED and i absolutely LOVE him and his unique massive meatyness!

8. Sculpts with really prominent and wide smiles are quite unique in my opinion. Like Angel of Dream’s Mu Yanzi or Hui Xiang, for example.